« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former WWE Champ

Busted for Steroids, Pills

9/11/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jeff HardyJeff Hardy -- one half of the WWE tag team duo The Hardy Boyz -- was busted today after cops found a boatload of pills and steroids inside his home.

The Moore County Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant at Hardy's home in Cameron, NC today -- where they found 262 Vicodin pills, 180 Soma pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids and a residual amount of powder cocaine. Cops say the estimated street value of the drugs: $2,500.

Hardy was arrested on charges of "trafficking in controlled prescription pills" and possession of anabolic steroids.

Chief Deputy Neil Godfrey told us Jeff's brother posted bail, which was set at $125,000.

Celebrity mug shots

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Erika

What a DUMB move on his part. And I love how he tried to lie on Twitter saying everything was "Exagerated" Either way...CM Punk was right.

summer rain

It's idiots like this that make it very hard for people who have terminal illness like myself to get pain meds as well as other drugs because of these idiots abusing them. I have no sympathy for him or anyone else that abuse prescription drugs and I do not care who they are,or how much money they have. I hope they throw the book at this worthless excuse for a human being!!!!!!!!!!! I do pray he gets the help he needs while in prison.

moveover

What a surprise! He looks like such a nice, clean-cut, guy-next-door type, too.

anonymouslove

Via Jeff's twitter.
JEFFHARDYBRAND For the record, Matt didn't bail me out, loan me money, or is his name on anything.. He's just learning about today's situation..

Kate

MATT DID NOT BAIL OUT JEFF READ HIS TWITTER!!!

priscilla

So sad and pissed off. why did he do this crap?! he just let down alot of people AGAIN and lost more fans.

DC

The Chris Benoit case had little to do with steroids and more about the significant amount of brain damage he suffered over the course of his career and how it affected his brain. This is just Jeff Hardy, yet again being a dumb ass. I'm sure WWE is now very glad that he chose to take time off and not resign.

for; while my guitar gently weeps

8. Now for the other 475 wrestlers on steroids.

Posted at 5:20PM on Sep 11th 2009 by Camille

Look to-ward's Vince McMahon, he controls over 75% of all Wrestling USA and World' and much more, he was busted for giving Steroids to Wrestlers' then walked, to begin requiring Steroid using Wrester's, our pro sport clubs joined' by allowing Steroid use, school age kids' cops' and fireman' kept dying' from Steroid use, want-a-be Wrestlers start Steroids, fail to become Wrestlers' and are ruined for life. When will it stop.
Kurt Angle busted by fed's early 2007, then Chris Benoit, then Curt Angle gets followed home by police, chased into his house, and found with handful of Steroid's in his mouth by police, all in 2007, now Steroids last week.

Popsmart

It's a shame to see how he spiraled so low. And I don't believe his Twitter page at all. As many drug issues as he's had, I don't doubt this report for a second. As I said, it's a shame. His druggie ways are the reason I lost all respect for the man. Frankly I won't be surprised to hear he's died of an overdose one day.

Mark

When are these guys gonna learn ? Next time Matt is gonna be ID'ing Jeff's body in the morgue.

These guys need to wake up..

WrestlingProphet

Just for the record he has no WWE contract anymore guys... He quit a few weeks ago, good thing too or he would have been fired again anyways.

131313

What a shame. He just won't learn.

Elaine Connelly

Well what a surprise. My grandson loves WWE. I refuse to let him watch it when he is at my house.
I have tried my darndest to get him out of that mindset. What happened to wrestling. It was stupid enough with Gorgeous George and Vern Gagne. It has become a worthless waste of time and television.

Heather

Douche Bag!

CMPUNK SPONSORS PEPSI!

This is sad real sad Michael Jackson....Now Im mad real mad Joe Jackson!
Hahaha anyways.
This guy is freakin awesome, after entertaining us all jumping off ladders, getting hit with chairs, jumping off the top rope and landing on his back of course he has to have drugs. How do you think all these wrestlers come out week after week after week when suffering bad injuries. Sad part is, he proved CMPUNK right, and even though I hate the guy I have no doubt he also uses some king of drug. He is an idiot and the Undertaker needs to kick his ass. Anyhow..Jeff...buddy...get some help and get well. If you dont want to be dead tomorrow, then stop popping the pills even if it means toning down some of the actions you do while wrestling.
Peace.