Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Postponed

9/11/2009 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThe planned Michael Jackson tribute concert in Vienna this month has been postponed until 2010. It's amazing what having NO performers will do for a concert.

Citing scheduling conflicts, the event's promoter, Georg Kindel, made the announcement today and said the concert would now take place in London. As for why the delay, Kindel said they "underestimated" the scheduling issues many of the top performers had.

As we first reported, Natalie Cole said she wouldn't be there because she's set to attend an event with the Dalai Lama in Memphis. Chris Brown and Mary J. Blige were promoted as being part of the event -- but denied any involvement.

UPDATE -- Jermaine Jackson, who was helping to put this whole thing together, just posted a long-winded apology/explanation, that reads in part, "Instead of eight weeks we now have eight months to prepare and some of the stars who would not have been able to participate in the Vienna concert, but expressed their wish to participate in this event, will be able to perform live on stage at the renowned Wembley Stadium in London in June 2010."

lankandiva

@22. on this morning in Germany the TV tell us the tribute will start and Katherine and The children will be there!?

Posted at 9:18AM on Sep 11th 2009 by Karen

Yes we all saw this,then things changed..thats the way things always go...maybe Jermaine scolded his mother for making a mistake with the dates,unless she did it intentionally..and she told him wher to go finally?..mmm...all in all..Prayers are with Mrs Jackson and Mjs kids

OOWEEE

NO JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL....NO JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL....NO JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL......The truth is coming out that the Jackson Family has contributed to no criminal charges being brought for Michael Jacksons Murder because Family Members tained evidence.......NO JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL THE JACKSON ENABLERS...........Katherine and Joe had better step up to the plate and pretend to have Morals or they will have some unemployed Children..........XTRA PICKLES JERMAINE, HOLD THE ONIONS!

for; while my guitar gently weeps

20. I posted that on another thread that I would hope the hologram Michael wouldn't show up to do a duet with Jermaine.

I'm glad it's postponed. Not a slight to Michael, because I know his fans would be there in droves to support him. Jermaine just went about this all wrong.

Posted at 9:12AM on Sep 11th 2009 by Della

Throwing out wild amounts and considering recent events, I guess Katherine bailed-out Jermaine around about $200,000.00 for this Concert, next question is is he still looking for a $400,000.00 house.

This story' claims the new concert date' wants to celebrate the date that Michael died!?!

London Girl

I said as much yesterday on a comment here. I knew it would never hapeen. Oh and I posted about the cancellation before TMZ :)

A.B.

It's a relief, since it wouldn't have been a great tribute. Michael Jackson was meticulous in everything he did, he wouldn't have wanted something half improvised. And the children should never be used that way.

I hope Jermaine will pull out of the London tribute and not perform. And I hope the poor people who bought tickets will have a refund.

As for Paris speaking at the memorial - if that was her own idea, I don't think she should be stopped. Maybe she needed to do it. Michael Jackson said the children wanted to go on stage with him, but so far he hadn't allowed it. Maybe he would have at some of the O2 concerts.

lankandiva

UMM OK,I THOUGHT I READ ON THE POSTS SOME PEOPLE HAD ALREADY BOUGHT TICKETS FOR THE VIENNA CONCERT?THIS IS SO WRONG TO ALL THAT INTENDED ON GOING.WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM?DO THEY HAVE TO FLY TO LONDON NOW..

HELLA JERMAINE..WTF HAVE YOU DONE..WHAT A MESS..I WASN'T TO KEEN ON WATCHING THIS TRIBUTE TO MJ,AFTER WHAT I'D HEARD BUT WOW..I'M SURE THERE ARE MANY DISAPPOINTED..

WHERE'S THE PUBLIC APOLOGY JERMAINE????HUH..LET'S SEE WHEN HE WILL SHOW HIMSELF AGAIN..IF HE DOESN;T MOST LIKELY IT BE BECAUSE HES ASHAMED..HOW DISGRACEFUL

ON THE UPSIDE I'M SURE THE REST OF THE FAMILY ARE HAPPY ESPECIALLY MRS JACKSON..

WOW..I HAD A FEELING THIS MAY HAPPEN,HOW EMBARRASSING FOR JERMAINE..I SORT OF FEEL SORRY FOR THE POOR BUGGER..

JERMAINE,LESSON LEARNT ALREADY?

R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON..LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH..FOREVER IN MY HEART..GOD BLESS YOU SOUL ANGEL..

Cinner

Is this really even necessary? Or wanted? Please just let it GO we have had ENOUGH!!!

pia

Everything that Joe & Jermaine touch turns to dust or law suits. They are disgusting Micheal fans. Micheal I still Loveyoumore, I see why you didn't leave you mother or family in charge of your estate. These two fools have managed to try to drive your legacy into the ground and you haven't been gone two months. When he had his name engraved on Micheal's award at the Save The World Awards that did it for me! What in the hell has he ever done for anyone unselfishly? I hope the attorneys watch out for Micheal's kids cause Jermaine won't stop until he rips them off too, he already got Katherine jumping hoops. No one wanted your records when you when young why would they want them now when they know you hated Micheal.

lls

Who frigging cares? He is dead! MJ was an addict! Why glorify an addict? Come on people, get on with your lives............do something positive today.

Remember Septembe 11, 2001..........

Tulip

I think London is even better. It would be a good idea to commemorate 1st anniversary od MJ's death. Hope many stars will be able to take part. Michael was unique, the best performer and entertainet that ever lived, and a beautiful human being, no doubt about that.

BNS

BUT...BUT...BUT...

What about Michael's love for castles???

Della

Posted at 9:24AM on Sep 11th 2009 by for; while my guitar gently weeps

**********
It's my understanding he is searching for a $20million dollar house.

Linda Mott

Maybe he's trying to get Elvis and Marilyn to sign on. I think everyone is shy of joining HIS show. If the family were behind it, he would have plenty of stars signing on.

Kris

Now we are witnessing the come back of our Icon named Michael Joseph Jackson. This Is It

TJ

The Jacksons have got to be the most disfunctional family on the planet. Always eager to make a buck, but can't ever agree on how to do it, or do it right.