Mischa on Her Breakdown - Blame It on the Tooth

9/11/2009 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mischa Barton opened up about her August breakdown today on "The View" -- saying the whole thing started when her wisdom teeth surgery went "really badly wrong."

Mischa Barton: Click to watch
A lucid Mischa said she was already "overwhelmed" by work when she went in for surgery, which only made things worse. Barton says she was sent to the psychiatric ward because, "If you say anything, like, negative in the hospital and they think you're a risk to yourself, they hold you, they won't let you go."

Mischa said she hit "rock bottom," but is "fine" now and called the whole ordeal a "wake-up call."

ES

38. why is the admin suddenly scanning these posts??? hmm....

Posted at 7:13PM on Sep 11th 2009 by LB2009

----------------------------------
I'm not buying that TMZ is monitoring posts. If they don't like something they usually just delete it. I think it's probably just some random poster trying to mess with people.

If I'm wrong TMZ...shoot me an email. :)

Anita

She just proved once again what a very bad actress she is,
Her lies did not sound believable.
She and Lohan are birds of a feather.

Anita

Isn't she the chick who likes to let Rock stars bang her????? No wonder then, her life style caught up with her.

snickers

Don't worry, it's a fake Admin. Just some fat idiot at his greasy keyboard with delusions of grandeur.

Jade

I'll give her points for originality, it's up there with mercury poisoning.

poppy

Such BS! Problems! I went through more or less the same thing with my wisdom teeth.........BUT.........I have 4 children under the age of 6 and managed to function. Priorities! Grow up and stop whining like a child! It's called life.

gonetoofar

I totally believe her because I had the same disastrous surgery & got dry socket afterward. If you haven't experienced it, you have no idea how painful it is. I really wanted to die the pain was so excruciating & no meds helped my pain, not even narcotics pain killers. i still have occasional pain from the botched surgery & mine was almost 10 years ago. My doctor said the pain would last up to a week--mine last three weeks. So maybe it sounds far-fetched to those who haven't experienced it, but it's totally plausible.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4