Janet Jackson -- Making Michael Proud

9/13/2009 10:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After a personal introduction from Madonna herself, a fully-clothed Janet Jackson took the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards to honor her late brother Michael.

Janet Jackson

In a routine reminiscent of Natalie Cole, Janet performed her part of the song "Scream" while a music video of Michael doing his part played in the background.

confucius

MiMi

Janet was definitely sending out a message as was Madge.

Hope everyone to whom it was directed got it.

jackattack3310

JANET OF COURSE YOU DID YOUR BROTHER PROUD. Between your performance and Madonna's speech I started crying again. Everytime I start to heal and think I have accepted his death there is another tribute. Now on my birthday Wednesday, Oprah is honoring him. My emotions need a break.

I only watched the Introduction cause I am older and not really into today's artist or music but I heard about Kanye West.
Yes he is an ASS. I am not a fan of his anyway, but I have noticed since his mom passed away, he has really been showing his ASS and acting out. His Reps need to get him under control.
Why on earth would he act like that and treat that young woman that way. He is NOT Jay Z. He is not Beyonce's man. It was not his place. I hope Beyonce gets wtih Taylor Swift after the show and lets her know she had NOTHING to do with that.

Insanithy X 1.0

Insanity Says 2 Dunk:

U have carried yourself with class and grace throughout this entire tragic event! Your brother would be so extremely proud of U right now-I know he is looking down on U with the biggest smile in the arms of the Lord! -AMEN!

*It is not the amount of time put in to a performance; it is more so the value of its creative content & dedication...Classy Lady!

*Pete Says:

GO ON GIRL!

Tupac

Did anyone notice Cris Judd (J.Lo's 2nd husband) as one of the backup dancers???

Love the performance overall.

Vale

Janet did a great job. If my brother had passed away, I wouldn't have been able to compose myself enough to do it. I loved it. It was a wonderful tribute to him.

tj

Janet, I love you! I so miss Michael and am so happy that you're here! You are AMAZING and oh so beautiful! I wish you all good!!!!

lu

God bless your hearts ! J & M

Insanithy X 1.0

47. THIS POST ISNT ABOUT KANYE, SO GET OVER YOURSELVES. IF YOU DONT LIKE HIM POST IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Posted at 10:28PM on Sep 13th 2009 by vanessa

_____________________________________________________________________

Insanity Says 2 Vanessa:

U R Right it is not about Kanye here...IT IS ABOUT HOW HE SHOWED HIS A$$ DURING A TRIBUTE FOR PETE...HE TRIED TO MAKE IT ABOUT HIM!

*As an African American I expect more from him than this during a tribute 2 this man...WTF.

China

Loved Janet!! loved the whole thing. It was beautiful. Madonna made me cry with her words.I believe she spoke from the heart. Still watching the show, wating the trailer to show up for Michaels movie.

danger baby

Janet at the Forest Lawn funeral...she was the only family member who seemed affected still by Michael's passing. She was serious and subdued the entire time. She may know who did this.

for; while my guitar gently weeps

Now’ what can everyone’ do, the Autopsy report’ may be in second or third copy, the Cause of Death’ report’ has been Amended, the Crime Scene was ignored’ until after the mover’s gutted the household belonging’s, the Ambulance and Hospital preformed CPR to a Cadaver, the Hospital’ attempted to revitalize a Corpse with Lividity, then’ provided no authoritative’ press release, theirs been few, if any’ press releases / news conferences, but’ persistently Police and Coroner leak’ news stories, dr. Murray’s phone call to Houston was not traced’ until after a TMZ story was published’ a month later, theirs no definitive time-line of events established, we know Michael had concluded USA rehearsal’s {80 hours’ in the can} with itinerary’ of traveling oversea’ that weekend interrupted. “MR. Michael Jackson” American’ was historically’ falsely accused’ and falsely incriminated’ again’ and again’ including proof of vengeance’ and vendetta’ involving the same, or near-by’ responsible governmental officials. Mr. Jackson communicated’ with Doctors regularly, but’ are police even interested in his years of phone bills and calls to these disgraceful Practitioners. Politics won’t help, unless everyone complains to every politician near and far, big and small. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was at MR. Michael Jackson’s Forest Lawn grave-sight Services, it’s overdue time’ for stepping up to the Podium’ and talking’ to us, the police report said’ the Propofol that killed Michael {police already’ reported the Propofol’ was traced from’ Los Vegas Pharmacy} was from untraceable origins’ Propofol was under Recall, meaning’ Police are claiming Anastasia’ unsafe, there’ tripping over their’ own misinformation? Barack Obama the buck’ has a stopping point, politicians need to step-up’ or step-down’ the silence is deafening, this will not’ go quietly into the Night.

Mary

#13: I am with you "ryanb." Missing Michael. :-(

MiMi

Maybe later TMZ will put up something about Kanye, then we can all go bash him there. :)

Lets keep this board about Janets tribute to Michael.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

for; while my guitar gently weeps

Looking at the information the media has given’ logically, “MR. Michael Jackson” was supposedly addicted to all’ these’ prescription drugs (pain killers were stated’ at one point) yet none’ of the drugs he was supposedly addicted to' were reported found in his blood. The only drugs reported found in his bloodstream, were those administered by dr. Murray’ by his own admission. If MR Michael Jackson was addicted’ to any of the drugs’ he received the day of his death, then’ why did dr. Murray administer them’ willingly? Since’ dr. Murray, believed’ that MR. Michael Jackson was becoming addicted’ to Propofol. How did this addiction occur? Perhaps the fact’ that dr. Murray himself had been giving “MR Michael Jackson” Propofol every night for six week’s may have had something to do with it? Was dr. Murray even board certified’ in cardiology, reason’ makes you suspiciously wonder, why a "Specialist" didn't pass the boards. Also’ were dr. Murray’s credentials and license current, proper and up-to date for practicing medicine in the state of California, No. The fact’ remains, that dr. Murray is not a trained anesthesiologist’ was not performing surgery’ did not have the proper lifesaving’ equipment’ and was inducing coma’ without back-up’ personnel, dr Murray is culpable, for knowingly’ administering’ Propofol’ causing’ a Man’s death’ and he deserves punishment, plus’ he had no business giving Propofol to begin with! He was treating MR Michael Jackson for insomnia, not performing surgery. Doctors are supposed to treat a symptom’ of an illness’ with appropriate medications, Propofol’ is not an appropriate medication’ for insomnia. If you go into surgery' does your anesthesiologist leave you completely unprotected’ unattended’ in induced coma’ to go to the restroom’ or to make personal phone calls’ while your unconscious’ under anesthesia?