« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Announcer Rips Whoopi Goldberg

9/13/2009 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An NFL announcer just took a cruel and cheap shot at Whoopi Goldberg -- live during a Detroit Lions football game.

Play video

During the first quarter of the Lions game today, the announcer, Chris Myers was talking about a player who was on the Pittsburgh Steelers last season but now plays for Detroit. He said, "Going from two Super Bowls in Pittsburgh to the winless Detroit team -- that's like going from dating Beyonce to Whoopi Goldberg."

So the question is ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ben

94. It was a joke. Those that voted to fire him should be ashamed.
Mel

Posted at 9:08PM on Sep 13th 2009 by Melanie

I voted to fire his azz, so do something about it? This is just a TMZ poll, not a presidential election, moron. I'm white and I found the whole thing racist and unnecessary; coming from a supposed 'professional'.

Nix

Hey who does this Chris Meyers think he is? I'm sure he's no George Clooney himself. Not funny at all and someone with low self esteem to do put downs about people. Whoopie just woop his ass!!

snickers

I laughed. It's just a joke.

Raejean

Is it anything like going from John Madden to Chris Myers?

Disgusting

Typical dumb ugly jocks. Make a similar "joke" about a black person and suddenly it's not "just a joke." Slamming women is acceptable in the world of dumb miscreant jocks. Just as assaulting them, raping them, etc is ok too. The pro athlete world simply brings nothing of value to life.

you just don't get it

Whoopie enjoys humor when she hears it, even if she is the target. This little jab pales in comparison to many of her own snide and uncomplimentary barbs about others.

I guess it's OK when she insults someone but the double standard doesn't allow some guy the same freedom. Then you mental midgets
have to bring skin pigment into it.

White gurl

I don't see any problem with that. Beyonce is gorgeous and Whoopi is ugly it was funny and very true

White gurl

The late rapper Big L said in one of his tracks

"And when it comes to gettin nookie I'm not a rookie, I got girls that make that chick Toni Braxton look like Whoopie" LOL

Bart

Another example of the truth is stranger than fiction. Cause whoopi is not an attractive woman. Plus she has a smart ass mouth herself. She has said her fair share of hateful comments but she said them about white people and she is black so im sure there was some racist motivation there which will over shadow the fact that she is extremely ugly.

summer

chris is a good guy and he was just makin a joke which is what whoopie and everyone on the View does all the time,, get a grip people,,, hes a great announcer, and a great guy

summer

chris is my uncle ,, hes an awesome guy,, whoopi is a living legend,, Im sure she can take a joke,, even if u idiots cant........

dizzy dean

I hate Chris Meyers' guts!!

I can't stand working with him... what an idiot!!

I can't believe I long for the days of VTB and Mychal... sigh

Linda Mott

Whoopi bashed the Republicans at the Democratic National Convention, BUT she is a very funny woman and was passionate about Obama being elected. I think she is usually a very fair person. I think he is shallow to say what he did. I would rather have dinner with her than Beyonce. She is very interesting.

Duke

So what's the big deal? Beyonce is beautiful and Whoopi looks like the southbound end of a northbound horse!

t white

Remember what Steve Martin said "comedy is not pretty"