Joe Jackson Wants to 'Blackball' Kanye

9/14/2009 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson quickly traded Kanye West's community bottle of Hennessy for a jug of K.W. Haterade -- saying the egomaniacal crusher of dreams should be blackballed from show business.

Here's Joe's anti-Kanye statement in full:

"I don't know what he was doing, he jumped up on stage and snatched that microphone out of that poor girl's hand. They should blackball him out of show business for that. He just leapt up there, that was bad.

I had just gotten through speaking to him, he was introducing me to his girlfriend, and then three minutes later he jumped up on stage. And people booed Kanye all night
."

Cali MJ Fan

Well, for once I agree with Papa Joe. (May this be the only time, please...lol)

Although I think much of this statement might come from the article saying Kanye was with Joe out on the red carpet and he's trying to distance himself as far away from Kanye as possible-- even if his comments are right. (But that's me being cynical).

LucyInTheSky

Joe Jackson has always been a lying scheming bottomfeeder.
People like that don't change, they just get worse with age.
And Joe has about hit his limit.

Evil and deceit has always been written all over this mans face.
His lack of a soul surely shines through.
No there's no mistaking this Devil.

I used to attribute it to ignorance.
But it's just pure and simple evil.

love her!

Hey Joe please, please PLEASE invite Kanye over for a good old fashioned beat down! We know you're itchin' to brawl...Gett'em Joe!! You put the verbal smack down on him now it's time to unleash a good old can of Jackson5 1970's whoopass on him & the public would support you on that! PS-All thinkgs Kanye have been deleted from my files.

Shari

So everyone needs to get over it! It was rude..people do stupid rude things everyday ie. yelling "you lie!" when the president is speaking! Joe Jackson needs to go somewhere! Why the hell have all the Jacksons (with the exception of Janet) ok so maybe just Joe and Jermaine reemerged?! If Michael had not passed away I doubt they'd be in the limelight.

lvazques

I predicted 2 years ago that Kanye West will turn out to be a douche-bag. My prediction came true...He is a douche-bag

LucyInTheSky

How or why any number of husbands or boyfriends didn't take you clean out of this world years ago amazes me.
You must of been really good at crawling out the back door.

for; while my guitar gently weeps

In the end, the most important thing is to be true to yourself and those you love and work hard. Work like there's no tomorrow. Train. Strive. Really train and cultivate your talent to the highest degree. Be the best at what you do. Get to know more about your field than anybody alive. Use the tools of your trade, if it's books or a floor to dance on or a body of water to swim in. Whatever it is, it's yours. That's what I've always tried to remember." (Michael Jackson)

LucyInTheSky

The thing that matters here is that Kanye was wrong in his actions.
And both Swit and Beyonce wound up winners, they both deserved it.
And Beyonce is one gracious and feeling young woman.
Way to go Beyonce.

jill

ITS TIME FOR A TOTAL BOYCOT OF ALL BAD MUSIC, KANYE, GAG.GAG.. AND ALL THE POSERS DOING REALITY SHOW QUALITY ROCK AND HIP HOP..
BRING SOME TALENT PEOPLE...

"COME ON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE, MUSIC IS SUPPOSE TO INSPIRE... HOW COME WE AINT GETTIN NO HIGHER"... Lauryn hill / Jose Feliciano

RALLY TO BURN HIP HOP CD'S IN FRONT OF TIMES SQUARE, MTV STUDIO'S ANYONE ???

Missy

For once i think joe said something good! Janets performance was amazing and Madonnas speech was great! But now can we get back to what is the most important!!

If tmz claims to have sources in law enforcement then why aren't they asking questions/demanding answers in the death of MJ?!

Why are murray and klein still free?

Have the police talked to Prince yet about what murray said to him?

Can/Will katherine still file a wrongful death against murray? If she does will that interfere with the lapd investigation?

Since MJ left 40% to his children will the courts start letting Prince,Paris,and "Blanket" have a say about their dads estate/money matters? MJ was their dad i think they should have a say about what happens!

I really hope and pray Janet steps up and takes the lead in raising Prince,Paris,"Blanket" i believe that would the best for them! Janet and Michael seemed so close!

murray left 3beautiful children without their dad,those children are MJs blood and the lapd should get their ass in gear and start making some arrests!!

Come on tmz start getting answers!!

Antoin

JOE SIT DOWN.YOU A FATHER THAT ALL OF UR GROWN SO CALL MEN DON'T WANT 2 BE BLACK AND MAKE SURE THEY DON'T MARRY REAL BLACK WOMEN PLZ SHUT UP.AND GET OFF UR DYING SON TIP.WHO ALSO WANTED 2 BE WHITE SO BAD HE HAD 2 CHANGE HIS WHOLE BODY.ANSWER THIS ? HOW COME A PERSON CAME IN THE WORLD BLACK AND DIE WHITE.SOMETHING 2 THINK ABOUT

e.

I guess kanye is still getting what he wants, publicity... what a whore, i never liked him any way so now there is more reason not too!

Em

Well, I'm certainly not a fan of Joe Jackson, however, after watching Kanye West make a fool of himself, watching Lady Gaga "bleed" hanging from a rope, watching the "host" be a complete dork (who was that anyway???) ... well, let's just say Joe and Katherine Jackson, for all of their alleged faults, raised an entertainment family that has class in their performances. They may be dysfunctional (who isn't these days?) but at least I've never cringed through anything I've seen any of the Jacksons do on stage. I believe Joe Jackson is softening as he ages and is handling his grief over the loss of his son in his own way, whether we think it appropriate or not. It's been a long time since I've watched the music video awards; it'll be even longer until the next time.

who gives a shit

Can't stand Joe Jackson but this time I agree with him!

nil

Can't believe I am going to say thiw, but I have to agree with him. Kanye sucks. And on that note, I have a question. How come I didn't see Janet in the audience after her amazing perfomance, did she leave or what?