Joe Jackson Wants to 'Blackball' Kanye

9/14/2009 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson quickly traded Kanye West's community bottle of Hennessy for a jug of K.W. Haterade -- saying the egomaniacal crusher of dreams should be blackballed from show business.

Here's Joe's anti-Kanye statement in full:

."

T. Johnson

Anything to stay in the news, eh Joe!!!! Ur just as sad as Kanye. Wasn't he the one pimping his Record Company only three days after the death of his son. JJ needs to sit down somewhere...

misha

You know what's sad ? This is all ego. It's not people standing up for starving children, or trying to cure cancer. It's children fighting over toys and not particularly fun toys at that.

Video awards ? Please. Videos are pure image and attitude, without substance. People now have substance and image confused with each other. Now, we are fighting over who's image of themself deserves an award more than someone else's image of themself. I know we can't all get along; that's a dream. But if people are going to fight, can we fight over something that really matters ?

Jesus, what an empire of juvenile horsecrap has been created by MTV and VH-1. Burn 'em both down, I say.

nan

do you think jermaine paid kanye to do that to taylor so that he would not be the most hated guy in the room for once?

Amy

I agree Kanye is a racist.....has everyone forgotten he already did this same crap to Gretchen Wilson???? I will never buy anything he is associated with again..not that I did in the first place...I mean he has zero talent and rides the coat tails of everyone else who does!!!! FU KANYE!

Sherri

And yet another attention whore to get his extra fifteen minutes of fame.

Michael Jackson's Voice

You know? I cant stand Joe Jackson, Michael was my very favorite and beloved artists in the whole world.
he m ade M.J's life a living hell.. but this statement.. well that moves him up in my opinion, he didnt say " oops he si just a man" or some other cover up for a fellow Balck man.. he called Kanye out for what he is..."I don't know what he was doing, he jumped up on stage and snatched that microphone out of that poor girl's hand. They should blackball him out of show business for that. He just leapt up there, that was bad.

I had just gotten through speaking to him, he was introducing me to his girlfriend, and then three minutes later he jumped up on stage. And people booed Kanye all night."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/14/joe-jackson-wants-to-blackball-kanye/#comments#ixzz0R7BkwgOx
I agree with J.J 100 % and I cant believe Im agreeing with him on anything... this time it makes since!! Kanye you are STILL an ASS!!

Zoe

Seeing as Michael Jackson got blackballed by MTV the last decade of his life for no reason, I agree Kanye should face some sort of sanction from the channel seeing as he actually DID something. That said, while MJ certainly didn't deserve beatings, Kanye West does. Joe, please do the only thing you clearly know how to do and give him one serious whooping.

Kaz

Your diversionary tactics don't work Catfish-face.

I still see you.
I still smell your evil stench.

What you did is BILLIONS OF TIMES WORSE than what
stupid, pathetic kanye did.

JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON

Joe Jackson is illiterate

Joe Jackson is still a piece of old sh*t. He drove his son to self mutilation and self hate and drugs, for the love of $$$. And on top of everything, he and his other sons are liars!. Joe J never tried any intervention w/ MJ. Whenever he visited MJ it was to leech off him! That's why he was banned from all MJ's residences. Go check into an old folk home Joe; what the hell is an 81 yr old man doing at the VMAs?

balls

balls

Simone

This piece of crap is just wanting some more face time. I don't believe for a second that he is concerned about Taylor or Kanye.
Just one more hypocrite. This is it.

Una

When is enough going to be enough? Joe Jackson didn't push his way on stage like Kanye West did. Someone from the media asked him a question and he gave his opinion...just like you people are doing right here. You'll fight for your right to an opinion but you'll deny Joe his right. I'm so impressed!

Like Kathryn said, whatever Joe did wrong he did 35 years ago but nobody will ever let him forget it even though MJ forgave him. Maybe if you all spent more time judging yourselves, you'd be shocked speechless and we would get a break.

Accusing Jermaine of stealing MJ's clothes is just plain stupid. Any idiot can see that MJ wore a size small and Jermaine is at least a large. You just like criticizing everybody else because you can't stand your own smell.

Olive Oyl

Joe tells it like it is.

I have never listened to Kanye, but he keeps amazing me with his stupidity. I mean just because he gets pissed off when he doesn't win the award he wants to, doesn't mean everyone is like that. Wasn't the award picked by the fans? Didn't they vote for their favorite? It's been a LONG time since I cared about the VMA's. Ever since MJ and a band here and there, I really stopped watching. I watched it 'cuz of MJ and Janet last night. I loved how Beyonce handled it at the end. P. Diddy looked surprised when he said Kanye's name because it was part of the reading but then he got why they were booing.

What happened to the Peace and Love MJ was talking about Kanye?

kitty

you tell him joe!

love you michael!!!

Em

Duh, for those wondering why Joe Jackson is quoted here. Joe Jackson had something to say because someone interviewed him and has posted his comments here. And to his credit, would one of his sons or daughters ever pull a stunt like Kanye? Not a chance, they have too much professionalism. That was how they were raised by both Joe and Katherine Jackson. I don't truly find Mr. Jackson admirable, however, Michael apparently made his peace with his father and I will respect that.