Kanye Issues Apology, Swiftly Takes It Down

9/14/2009 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Last night, Kanye West reportedly posted an apology on his blog to Taylor Swift -- but go to the site now, and it's nowhere to be found.

Kanye West
In the apology -- which MTV.com posted a screen grab of -- West said "I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment ... I will apologize to Taylor 2mrw ... I'm sincerely sorry!!!! Much respect!!!!!"

We're not sure how long the post was up, but it's no longer on the site.

Beyonce, who looked mortified when West rushed the stage to give her props, made good in the show calling Swift back onstage to give her a chance to make a proper acceptance speech.

Gailf

THIS MADE ME SO SICK!!! YOU MADE A LOT OF PEOPLE NOT WANT TO BUY OR LISTEN TO YOUR MUSIC EVER AGAIN!!! WHAT WOULD YOUR MOTHER THINK IF SHE COULD SEE YOU NOW KANYE? SHAME, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Kel

cALIFONia - why would anyone boycott Beyonce or Jay-Z? First off, Beyonce behaved beautifully and completely classy - if you are aware of the entire story. Secondly, even if she hadn't (which she did), Jay-Z didn't have one thing to do with this. Boycott someone because of who they are married to? That's absurd. Kanye and Kanye alone is who you should focus your anger (or boycott) on.

danica

I didn't believe the apology in the first place because he wrote it while he was still drunk as a skunk. That bald girlfriend probably wrote it.

Kanye's career should b over!

Oval Beach

"I gave my award to Outkast when they deserved it over me...that's what it is"???? WTF??? So...you are "sorry" BUT...talented Taylor should have given her award to Beyonce but...you are sorry for your outburst. Get a life...the wrong person died as a result of vanity the day your mother died Kanye. You could have used a nip and a tuck yourself that day...and for me "that's what it is".

Lisa

Kayne made an extremely bad move. Definitely. I love love love Taylor Smith and think she is a great kid and sweet role model for my 14 year old. I also like Kayne and feel he too is extremely talented My Ego rocks! The problem is that he is sick of MTV giving out awards to artist who are not the best one for the award. Case being he gave his own award once to who all knew was probably more deserving. HE IS NOT A BAD guy. This had nothing to do with Taylor Swift it could have been lady gaga or any of the others and he would have felt the same way. He just is not like most who sit back and say nothing. Now had it been any older more experienced artists he would been told off right there rightfully so but Taylor is a nice girl who was enjoying that moment of a dream come true and he blew it for her and she will never get it back. He should promote her music and offer to work with her for free that may touch on the apology she deserves. If that was my little sis I would be after him too. Kayne sweetie you mean well truly but just be careful when and where you speak and express your rightful thoughts! DO go above and beyond to make this up to TAYLOR and quit expecting MTV to change their award giving process this been going on for years before you got there!

lisa c

Well come on folks...No one ever accused Kanye of having a brain!
He looks like he had FAS for gosh sakes! I am a TS fan and what he
says doesn't bother me a bit! As for his labile behavior.. security!

dfanda8

That is the worst apology I've ever seen....What a d-bag...he's still being his normal d-bag self in an apology letter. This guy is so attention starved he has to make a scene every year. I like his music but will live without it from now on because I am so over his 5 year old behavior. Way to go d-bag...stand up and ruin a 19 year old's moment. Well done. I'm sure poor Beyonce would have had a real sad day if you didn't stand up and say something for her. C'mon dude...grow up already, sit down and SHUT UP.

paupau

He really has serious issues, I was speechless when I was watching it and had to re-play it and still couldn't believe it... poor guy, he needs to retire and live as far as he can... just seeing his face annoys me!

shuffler

Sounds like the guy really needs to reign in his ego. The world doesn't revolve around him and his thoughts.

He also writes like a 9 year-old.

ka

what a fake apology, shame on u Kayne an i dont think it will change how we all feel about you right now digusted . YOu toke a moment that can be never given back to Taylor Swift an she earned it . she is very talented
totally disgusted with you Kayne keep ur opinion to yourself on ur time

shell

hes just a douchebag and totally thinks hes above everyone...someone needs to knock some since into him already...he WAS talented when he first came out but now hes a piece of sh*t and got mad over a country singer winning over beyonce...can you say a tad bit racist but he just killed his career by being a a**hole and a dip sh*t on national television but im happy a country singer won!! good for her shes way more talented than that joke of an artist!

ath_wndr

Whoo! Thank God it wasn't a white person going up to a black singer and doing this immature act. Can you imagine if something like that were to happen. All hell would break loose.

Britney30

If you ask me I think that Beyonce's Video for Single Girls SUCKS! It is no way the Video of the decade. How hard is it to stand somewhere with a few other women and shake your ass. REALLY? Not only was Kanye out of line he was Wrong!

tswiftfan

I'm not racist but it is people like K.W that give black people a bad name! How rude, he is just upset because he did not win any awards!!! And PS Taylor writes ALL of her own songs... Go away already Kanye your music sucks, I hope that wolf dude comes after your ass and then posts it on the internet so we all can watch that!

wonderbred

too late kanye, cant take it back..already did your damage, you dont care about poor Taylor, you are sorry you messed up your precious rep.. boo hoo.