Kanye Issues Apology, Swiftly Takes It Down

9/14/2009 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Last night, Kanye West reportedly posted an apology on his blog to Taylor Swift -- but go to the site now, and it's nowhere to be found.

Kanye West
In the apology -- which MTV.com posted a screen grab of -- West said "I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment ... I will apologize to Taylor 2mrw ... I'm sincerely sorry!!!! Much respect!!!!!"

We're not sure how long the post was up, but it's no longer on the site.

Beyonce, who looked mortified when West rushed the stage to give her props, made good in the show calling Swift back onstage to give her a chance to make a proper acceptance speech.

kml

I was a big kanye supporter until last night. I was driving and I threw all his CD's out my window. Hes a racist deusch and f-ckin petty. He isn't sorry for what he did. If he was truly sorry he would've done it publically yesterday rather than "him" writing it on his twitter account. I hope his career crashes and burns.

michael

Kanye West is the Rush Limbaugh of Rap.

daveytazz

Taylor Swift should have smacked him with her award and knocked some sense into that LOSER.......

TARA

pshh If he wouldnt have been "BOOOED" by the WORLD, he wouldnt be apologizing so deeply. Lol. Hes not sorry, hes guilty. You idiot Kanye, I actually feel bad for him. Just a little...because his career has been dented im sure. Everyone hates him at this point. Wow.

and he must have wrote this at like 4 in the morning he seems drunk haha "I Like your lyrics about a cheerleader and being in the bleachers.............!!!!!!"

Oh Fer Sure

Can we collectively say "bipolar"?

jealousy is envy

I AM BURNING ALL MY KANYE CD's! I WILL NEVER LISTEN, OR BUY ANYTHING FROM ETCH A SKETCH HEAD. GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY YOU IGNORANT MAGGOT!

nicaw

That was not an apology. In it, you can find him grandstanding, again.

Can someone tell Kanye that Taylor Swift won the award because she won the award? It's not an omission of Beyonce's work. That's why she won Video of the Year.

There's a saying that any press is good press. Kanye is finding out that's not true. The real test will be with his next record.

Spoiled

I am sure that what happened was Kanye's assistant wrote that to help and Kanye said F that and told them to take it down. Kanye is the american a-hole!

Danielle

Kanye is a spoiled cry baby loser. As Dave Chappelle would say, "That's when keepin it REAL goes wrong"

Robin

Seriously, Kanye, what is wrong with you? Something doesn't work normally in your head, how could you think you could do that to a person and not be blasted for it? Or do you live for that? You can truly lose your career over very stupid moves like this! People, your fans are getting pretty sick and tired of this pretty fast. You really need to think before you speak, get a PR person to talk for you, you're just not good at it!

Jamie

Read it again. It was taken down because he is INSULTING her throughout the whole thing. That is NOT an apology.

sckalta

Kanye's momma didnt die as a result of plastic surgery but of embarressment over being Kanyes momma! This little turd has been on a whining binge ever since he had a hit and hada platform to fart words outta his mouth!

Robin

Kanye, this nonsense has gone beyond saying what's on your mind, it's gotten where you look unbalanced. You've got to have some family member or someone who cares about you to help keep you sane, help keep you focused, if not, seek someone out...today!

nikki

Wake up Mr. West!!! You need to be diagnosed by a licensed psychologist and find meds that work for you!

Joeb

No excuse for his actions and he better not blame it on the alcohol either....he is a first class LOSER!!!