Kanye West Finally Shuts His Trap

9/14/2009 1:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This morning in NYC, Kanye West did what he should have done last night: Kept his damn mouth shut.

Kanye West: Click to watch
Before boarding a plane at JFK, West was asked about hijacking Taylor Swift's moment ... and for the first time in his life, had nothing to say.

sb

Impluse control. An adult ability to stop actions before they happen. Operative word,"adult". Want to send him a message? Stop buying his records and going to his concerts. That's a message he will hear loud and clear.

namers

STFU!

KCV

Maybe Kanye was a "time out" child. You know the kind that cuts up in the store and his mother threatens to punish him by counting, but it never works, he just ignores her and continue to tear up the toilet paper display while she's on 100. I don't think he's racist at all... I just think he's a spoiled bully who will do that to anyone he thinks he can get away with, blk or white. So maybe he'd do it to Taylor Swift, but not Pink, lol. Or Lil Mama, but not Beyonce. He's a fool, just not that foolish! I wish he had a little more guidance in his life, too much talent not enough substance! He did warn us, listen to his song "I'm gonna be on MTV momma, I'm gonna put Sh*t down"!

JONS MOMMA

KANYE IS ONE VERY LOST AND SAD LITTLE MAN. HE'S MIDDLE AGED AND ACTING SO CHILDISH. HIM AND HIS SHE-MALE PROSTITUTE LOVER NEED TO DISAPPEAR. RACIST TRASH! I BET YOUR MOMMA'S ROLLING IN HER GRAVE WITH ALL THE NONESENSE YOU'VE BEEN UP TO!

carrie doncsecz

Kanye West needs to be PERMANENTLLY BANNED from MTV AWARDS.. It's Terrible that you need to ruin a poor innocent girls first VMA Award. Keep to you Fckng self you self Centered bastard. You are already highly overrated. so stop being an assh......ole, so you are the center of attent...ion because you are not good enough to be musically anymore!!!!! if i recall correctly hes always had a problem at tha VMA's POOR SPORT!!! HOLLLLLER

HOLY ISH

#3- I couldn't agree more!

I have a whole new respect for Beyonce!!! She showed much class!

pam

Pig..........

wheeljc

West is a useless, arrogant punk wannabe! He ruined an evening for a lot of people!! He also has proven that he carries a MANUFACTURED CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER, and now, there may be some folks who will start knocking it off -- over, and over, and over!

His self absorbed performance will not be forgotten!!

He sure is not a role model -- even to our own race. We are a lot better than this NON TALENT portrays!

danica

This bum need to keep his ignorant mouth shut the rest of his life.

BRAD

He would have to move up the ladder to be a pice of sh@t !!!!

Some Faustkateer

I agree--he should be banned for life from MTV Awards. What a rotten thing to do to another performer!

ha!

Egotastic....I would surmise the best thing to do would be ignore him. Completely. His music, His cause du jour, His comings and goings.

Daniel

Is he just upset because his music sucks and he didn't win anything.

Jury Consultant

Oh yeah , look at him running away not such a big mouth now, sorry loser !!!

Leslie

What he did last night to Taylor was sooooo wrong I will never buy his music, and I never want to see him on t.v. again, he is a pig and he should be band from any awards shows....