Madge & Kanye -- It's All About Me!

9/14/2009 10:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift were honored last night at the VMAs -- but thanks to Madonna and Kanye West, you'd barely know it.

Madonna & Kanye
From Madge's opening speech, which was as much about herself as Michael, to Kanye's Taylor Swift diss, it was a self-serving night.

Our question for you ...

ME

NEVER HAVE LIKE KANYE AND ESPECIALLY DON'T LIKE HIM NOW. THEY NEED TO BAND HIS STUPID ASS FROM THE AWARD SHOWS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO ACT RIGHT. WHAT MAKES HIM THINK HE CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT ANYWAY. HE'S NOT AS BIG A DEAL AS HE THINKS HE IS. THIS MF NEEDS TO GO AWAY.

KCV

I also have to say to all the people calling Kanye racist, I'm not sure that's the case. I really believe he is a spoiled bully who is used to getting his way. I think he would have done that to anyone he thought he could get away with doing it to, black or white. If it was someone who would of kicked his butt, he would not have considered it. I think he just feels superior to most, black or white!

Ballistic

But you know, a poll like this is just going to fall down racial lines. As far as AA people are concerned, an AA person never does anything wrong, lol. Look at the reaction to the Serena thing.

kmg

What the hell? Madonna's speech was good. Bad miss-fire, TMZ

janicebyrne01

Madonna, as always, hogged things and tried to make it all about her. No change there then... As for that idiot West... He just dug his own grave. He won't be missed. Janet's performance was superb and was a great tribute to her brother. She did Michael proud.

psuskier5

In regards to the poll, where's the option to select "It's hard to choose, they're both so full of douche?"

Michelle

TMZ not this time Madona whas fab.. her speech was heart warming and she honerd him in a great way by saying she was wrong and sorry.. she admmited she turned her back and didn't steep up to help.and she is very honerable for it..I thought she look sincer and she ment every word, she proved that he was only human if u cut him he will bleed and that words and the media did just that they tore him down.I was in tears by the end of the speech and janet had not even gone on yet..thanks Mage...Now everyone else needs to steep up and do the same...

Jeezleweez68

TMZ- you guys really are a bunch of sh*t starters. Why wouldn't Madonna bring in some personal accounts and comparisons to reinfirce what she was saying. It was an excellent speech and as someone else posted she admitted to abandoning MJ along with everyone else- I didn't see anyone else admitting that.

You're just being stupid comparing her presence to that tactless idiot Kanye's with your idiotic poll- what's the matter, Kanye's people on you trying to deflect HIS performance so you come up with this cuz it's easy? You guys are good at fanning the flames over dumbsh*t- why don't you actually focus where it counts this time and bring down Kanye the same way you've done it to others who've certainly deserved it less.

And to those giving this idiot KW props for speaking his mind- there's a time and place for everything. That wasn't it. And the other junk about it being a setup- THAT is just as sickening if it comes out as true. What a mess "entertainment" has become either way. I hope he crashes and burns and we get to see every ugly detail.

Love Child

Wait self indulgent! I can't believe people in the entertainment field are self indulgent and act out to say look at me. Shocking! ;)

SoCalGal

Madonna's speech wasn't self-serving AT ALL. She was describing how they both came from humble beginnings and that even though she lost her mother at a young age, Michael STILL got the short end of the stick. Dontcha get it? Sheesh.

m. anderson

Kayne is beneath contempt. Enough said. Madonna may have let a little too much of herself slip into her comments, but for heaven's sake, these celebrities have been treated like the center of the universe forever. Does anyone really expect them to be self-effacing? If we are going to idolize these people why should we be surprised when they act like little gods?

Mariah

I ordinarily can't stand Madonna but thought she did a wonderful job last night. She FINALLY touched on what I wanted SOMEONE to say: that even musical artists had abandoned MJ in his darkest days. Thank you Madonna! It was mildly self-serving but all in all very good I thought. I cried. Never thought Madonna could make me cry.

As for Kanye: Is it too late for him to join the cast of "Tool Academy"??

Matt

Madonna's point may have been nice but the way she went about it was very self-indulgent. She talked about herself way too much. When she started and kept saying Michael was blah blah blah, so was I, it annoyed me. I dont care what you think or your life Madonna. You made it too much about you and Michael instead of just Michael.

Why did they have her talk anyway? She admitted they havent talked and been close for a while. Why not get someone closer. Just because shes a big star doesnt mean we need to hear her opinion.

And as for Kanye, while he was right Beyonce's video was much better, he went about it totally wrong. Its not the Kanye awards, its MTV's award show. This dude makes good music but outside that is just an ahole. I actually had to turn off that Jay-Z & Rihanna song with Kanye (Run this Town) when i heard Kanye's part on the radio. I didnt do it because i was trying to make a point, it was just natural reaction, i heard his voice and i didnt want to hear it.

Steevn

Why the heck does anyone invite this douchebag anymore? Why does anyone support this kind of douchebag behavior? Is he really that good? I doubt it! There are so many other rap stars out there that deserve our attention that this jerk. I say everyone boycott this douchebags stuff and put his ass in the poorhouse where he belongs. I mean, douching on a kid?!!! Someone needs to deal with his ass. I mean, its all good that he can apologize "AFTER THE FACT" all the time. When is this industry going to get some standards?

OhComeOnPlease

MYMY... PULEEEEEZE! The media made a laughing stock out of Michael Jackson? Have you looked at him lately? Have you seen how he has acted the past several years? The media? Really? Michael Jackson made a laughing stock out of Michael Jackson. With his obsession with plastic surgeries, turning himself white, little kids, sleeping in a bubble and all of the other eccentricities of his, I think he did a good enough job making himself out to look like an idiot without the media stepping in at all. Take off your blinders, MYMY and take a peek at the real world.