Patrick Swayze

Dies

9/14/2009 8:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick Swayze Dies
Patrick Swayze
died today after a long battle with cancer. He was 57.

Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January 2008. His publicist says he died with his family at his side.

He was the star of such movies as "Ghost," "Dirty Dancing," and "Road House." Swayze was named People's Sexiest Man Alive in 1991.

More Today in TMZ History

Patrick Swayze

Dawn

Sad to see him go however glad he isn't hurting or in pain anymore... RIP Patrick

Terry Joe

" Oh man, so sorry to hear of Patricks passing. It must have just happened as I was online and my MSN popped up ' breaking news ' reporting his passing. My heart and all my love goes out to his family. Patrick, man, I thought you were gonna beat this damn disease. You WILL be missed by many many of your fans.

carrie gonzales

I am very sad to hear about his death :(

AlliePappas

Oh God... May he rest in peace.

Zippy T. Pinhead

RIP-They said he had the same demeanor as Johnny Depp, always kind and respectful to the average person. He will be missed.....

Christy

I'm crying as I type this. He was such an amazing actor. I watched Dirty Dancing as a little girl, even though I probably shouldn't have, but I loved it so much. Ghost was so amazing. I saw other films of his which names escape me right now. I am very happy that the Lord has brought him home where there is no more pain and suffering but I am so sad that we have lost a true legend. He was truly amazing and will live on forever in his classics. God bless his family. RIP.

Me

Even though we all knew this was coming, it's still sad. RIP Patrick!

Suzanne

My heart is breaking right now on the loss of such a special man, Son,Husband And actor, Patrick Swayze,He fought the good fight,now its time to rest,The world lost a shining star today,he was an amazing actor,singer and dancer,he was couragious and brave and he will be dearly and forever missed,he will always be in my heart and in my thoughts,My thoughts and prayers go out to his family,My sincre condolences on your loss,Rest in peace Patrick,your dancing in heaven now.

Helen Speight

RIP Patrick. My thoughts and Prayers are with his family and friends.

puffinstuff

Just heard about this from Denise Richards' tweet. Very sad news!

carrie gonzales

and to this horrible person that posted this "92. Thank god for that!! i was sick of seeing his skeltor looking ass in the news...geezz." Go F**K yourself for being such an insensitive prick....why even post a comment if you have such an immature thing to say. You and the Devil will have a nice time together burning in hell!

Sad sad

I thought he was beating it. RIP

jean

Deepest sympathy to his family.He will be surely missed!His career surely was wonderful!! He always seemed to maintain his dignity, and humility,even when he was so ill.If a few other hollywood types would try to see his example of what a real star should behave like, it would certainly help. He was a class act!!
His sex appeal was graceful, and exciting on screen!His movies/tv series will always be bitter sweet to view. May God bless you Mr. Swazye, from Houston, Texas we love ya!

Rosie

R.I.P. Patrick

why?

May God have his angels around Patrick family & friends.