Ultra D-Bag Kanye Hijacks Taylor Swift

9/14/2009 7:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West needs to stop. Seriously.

After Taylor Swift -- who is just 19 years old, mind you -- won the award for Best Female Video at the VMAs, Kanye rushed the stage, took the mic from her and proclaimed Beyonce had "one of the best videos of all-time."

For her part, Beyonce looked completely mortified by Kanye's childish actions.

sox lover

Douchebag needs to go f**himself. Team Taylor

-Dusso-

BREAKING NEWS: RAP IS DEAD

the unbridled IGNORANCE of RaP culture underwhelms me.

Make NO mistake about it,

there is nothing HiP nor HoP about it

and I am forever grateful it is dying a rapid death

.....GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!

Maybe now we can get back to some REAL music,

you know the kind where they actually play real musical instruments

and incorporate things like

M-E-L-O-D-Y !!!

In a world where music is the ONLY thing that bonds ALL people

it is hard to believe that society has regressed to a point where

the banality of spitting into a mic and

yelling sophmoric obscenities to a mono-rhythm,

actually passes for "entertainment".

We have become complacent even in our ability to be creative

and THAT is a VERY DANGEROUS sign.

-d-

Sherry

Kanye West made a complete fool out of himself. He is truly an idiot. Even if you are not a Taylor Swift fan, you have to admit what he did was just wrong. Blame it on the alcohol but to me that is a cop out. He is an egotistical jerk drunk or sober. Did anyone happen to catch him on Saturday Night Live when he did "Heartless" and was trying to dance? It was horrible, but really funny even though it was not meant to be funny. To me, he is a no-talent wannabe. I hope he will keep his mouth shut in the future. No one is trying to hear him.

Teresa

I honestly think he is racist. He had no right to act that way. He could have minded his own business and been alright. He has acted this way before..Granted brittany spears performance was not all that great, but it wasnt his place to say anything..Apparently someone thought Taylor Swift the award or she wouldnt have recieved it.Its not like beyonce was going to be the first black person to ever recieve the award and they gave it to Taylor instead.He needs to grow up and act like a man. I will never again buy or listen to his music.I cannot support someone who acts so childish!!!

Altovise

i've never really listened to taylor's music but what kanye did was uncalled for shes a human being like all of us yes beyonce had great video's but apperently so did taylor so he should have had respect for her and MTV im sure a lot of people didnt want him to win awards in the past so what's so different?

Canadian girl

I don't know Kane West's work very well. I do know Beyonce's. She is a very gifted and talented person. As it turns out, extremely gracious as well. West's behaviour was unforgiveable. Snatching the microphone from Taylor's hand while she was trying to give her acceptance speech was the act of a bully! We all know bullies. They are the cowardly people in human society. Taylor Swift was so happy about receiving the award. He stole a moment in time that can in no way be retrieved. I can only imagine how appalled Beyonce was at that moment. Believe me, she doesn't need your help! Instead you embarrassed her as well. She graciously cleaned up your mess by inviting Taylor back on stage to finish her speech. She did her best for Taylor, but what is done cannot be undone. You, sir are no gentleman. Not even a man. You have shamed the music industry and your fellow artists. I hope you apologize to both Taylor and Beyonce.

Brad

someone please please please SPIT IN HIS FACE

dee

They should make sure he is not allowed into any one of those ever again. Also, how does he get on stage anyways?????? jerk

Joni

Kanye West.....PATHETIC! They should've wired your mouth shut permanantly back in 2002!

SC

WOW WOW WOW KAYNE get a life you loooooooser Beyonce thank you for being a classy woman

CJ

TMZ, how are you calling Joe jackson a hater when you are calling ye a d-bag .. ? Either I'm confused or you're calling yourselves haters as well, right ?

razzberry

This man makes it a habit to say the worse things at the worse times.
Kanye, whose respect did you gain with that little stunt? Certainly not Beyonce's!

frankie coconuts

Kanye West does not like white people.
Posted at 10:10PM on Sep 13th 2009 by nin1337

Obviously. There seems to be a lot of entitlement issues here. First, Serena threatens to kill an Asian tennis judge, then this. Is it a full moon, or something?

Melanie Marcum

What Beyonce did for Taylor Swift was the classiest thing I've ever seen. I almost cried!

Kanye needs blackballed from showbiz PERIOD!! He's a piece of...........

No wait. I'm not going to insult something that I drop in the toilet by comparing it to KANYE!! At LEAST I feel better after a good poo!! Kanye is worse than poo!!

It's sad!! I can't compare Kanye to ANYTHING because I don't want ANYTHING to be insulted by comparing it to Kanye!!

The devil is nicer than Kanye, let me just put it that way and I believe in God so IDK. The man needs a muzzle and a chain!!

I hope Wolf get's a hold of Kanye!! I don't even watch wrestling but I'd TOTALLY watch that!

msbtch

Who's the gold digger now Kanye? This guy is a vile piece of trash that should hang his head in shame and never appear in public again for pulling such a stunt on world tv. There is a time and a place to make your opinions known and walking on stage without an invite and grabbing the mike out of Taylor Swift's hand to spew his mess was not it. He has singlehandedly ruined what should have a wonderful moment in this girls life to show the world yet again just what a jackass he really is. Thank goodness Beyonce is the class act that she is and called her up on stage to try to make things right.
I hope Mtv learns a lesson from this and doesn't let him go for a fourth year of making a scene at their awards show so he can possibly embarass or humiliate another one of our beloved artists.

Hey Kanye why don't you try that crap at the CMA's and see what happens.

Previous 15 Comments | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments