Jessica Simpson --

Coyote Took My Doggy

9/15/2009 10:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The dog Nick Lachey gave Jessica Simpson as a sign of their once undying love may have met a violent and tragic demise.

Jessica Simpson -- Coyote Took My Doggy

Daisy, Jessica's beloved "carmel colored" Malti-Poo, was snatched right in front of her eyes by a coyote last night.

Jessica has posted a missing dog sign on her Twitter page along with the following message:

My heart is broken because a coyote took my precious Daisy right in front of our eyes. HORROR! We are searching. Hoping. Please help!

It doesn't look good....

Jessica Simpson And Daisy

outlaw

Maybe Wylie Coyote though one of his little sheep escaped.... had to get it back before Ralph the sheep dog noticed!

Craig

The Coyote took the dog on Saturday night so he can have an early Sunday brunch. Sucks I know, but next time be a little more cautious.

Butterfly

Our precious miniature black poodle was leashed on our own property when a German shepherd, running loose from another neighborhood, came upon him and, you know the rest. We have not been able to let go of the horror our beautiful pet suffered. His veterinarian had urged us to groom him for "show." We declined, several times. A few years have passed but the horror our magnificent dog suffered has remained. Jessica Simpson loved her dog. She did not deliberately choose Daisy's fate. Let more of you show, you care, regardless of how it happened.

reed

Has this idiot ever heard of a leash??!

deathriage

Ummm. Leash?

Amy

This might be a dumb ass question. If she said the dog was taken right in front of her, why is she doing a missing dog thing? Is her blondness kicking in or what??The dog sadly is most likely dead if the coyote took it, what do you want his remains? idiots.

the truth hurts huh

Yeah - there are some downright mean comments on here ..... but I think the point of some of the ones that may seem insensitive to some of you is this:

It's sad that she lost her dog ..... but posting the missing poster on her Twitter page is just another example of her twisted relationship with publicity! It's absurd. The poor girl can't even just have a true emotional moment without turning it over to "the world" in some weird, ridiculous way that makes no sense!

You gotta roll your eyes at that .....

ladyli1

THE POCKET POOCH IS GONE!! I love nature.

Linda Mott

How sad I hope she gets her baby Daisy back.

romil4

Which just proves that this idiot can't even take care of a dog. Guess who will be next to have a baby?

Mary

Even authentically-LOVING humans grieve the loss of a pet (who become great solace and comfort during the "ups-and-downs" of life). Coyotes are such cunning creatures and small dogs do not have a chance when unknowingly exposed to them. My heart goes out to Jessica Simpson!!

Feel sorry for the haters who, obviously, have hearts of stone. The people who disturbingly speak hateful things about her are likely the same ones who do it toward Jen Aniston and Rhianna

P_ROD

WAT??? I knew she was hanging around that dog John Mayer,but what was she doing around a coyote,and why was her dog accessible to a coyote!!I have a dog I love sO much too sO this is sO sad!!

Delicious

a Coyote will only release dog bones. Does she think that a Coyote is holding the dog hostage? No Jessica, Coyote eat dogs & cats they don't ask for something in return.. Gosh!!! is this chicken or fish? I know it says chicken of the sea, but is it chicken?

Mike

Would it be wrong of me to send an email to the email address she listed with an attached picture of dog poo and ask "I found this dog but I'm not sure if it's yours. Is this your beloved Daisy?"? Would that be wrong?

kim

THANK GOD.....OH THANK GOD THE DOGS IN A BETTER PLACE!!!