Obama

Calls Kanye a 'Jackass'

The Audio

9/15/2009 3:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

After making the remarks, Obama said "Where's the pool?" Presumably, he was worried the joke would go wide. He noted the last time that happened, he got burned for killing a fly.

Obama said, "Cut the President some slack."

Michael

The president can call this man, who did something very inappropriate, a jackass, but no one can call him a jackass, that would be a little inappropriate? Ironony, I think so...

Clint

Awesome - the President speaks his mind - agrees with the people - this audio is priceless!

stephanie

Go President Obama!

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

SPEAK TRUTH POTUS. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA AND YOU ARE SO SEXY!

MK Hanson

Have to agree with him on this one!

Ben

The President's comments are what any other red blooded American would have though and I agree with him completely. I believe 'jackass' is perfectly acceptable!

Rocco

I agree with the President. He was a jackass. But that qualifies him to be one of his Czars! It is also highly inappropriate for a president to lower himself to this level.

ducdebrabant

At first I thought, oh man, you don't have to comment on everything, but now that I learn it was off the record, I just wish ABC had respected him and kept it off the record. As Obama points out, he's got other stuff on his plate and doesn't need the controversy. As for the substance, he's perfectly right, and it looks like Kanye at this point would agree with him.

Dawn

I have One thing to say.They are both a Jackass!!!!!!!!!!!

lisa"turtle"

onqqqq. did da president just sayy dattt....

Olivia

The only News I watch is FOX News and I am considered a conservative, right-wing "mobster" and I disagree with a lot of things that President Obama has to say but after hearing this "Jackass" comment toward Kanye West, My faith has been restored! Kanye West is a complete Jackass. I'm not mad at Obama one bit for saying this. GO OBAMA!!!! :)

hollywoodact

I don't have a problem him calling him a jackass at'least he is not a pastor's ass beside that watch out mr bam.kayne might run the oval office someday I don't think you have to be smart.

Dan

Now why can't he be that candid about Pelosi?

timr1271

So...it's perfectly appropriate for the President to use language like that and call out Kanye West...but when Joe Wilson used language that is generally considered less profane and called the President out, the Democrats and media went absolutely ballistic. Nothing hypocritical there! LOL

Stop Milking his name

Gosh, everyday I get more disappointed in Obama.