« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Little Girl Fires Daddy's Foul Ball Back!!!

9/16/2009 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He made the catch of the game -- pulling in a foul ball at yesterday's Philadelphia Phillies game from his seat in the stands -- but when Steve Monforto handed the precious ball to his little daughter Emily ... she threw the ball back onto the field!

Monforto was all class after the blunder -- immediately turning to comfort his daughter ... because he "wanted to let her know that ... she didn't do anything wrong." Dude also told MyFoxPhilly.com that a Phillies rep brought him a replacement ball as a souvenier later in the game.

As for Emily -- girl's got one hell of an arm!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

michele broomfield

What a great, great Daddy and just a lovely man. I did see that. Awesome...to see something so innocent and sweet..

shan

Jon how do you know this guy? Just curious.

The guy is a real sweet heart. He was not upset. Besides when you have a toddler you expect these things to happen. I was watching the game when it happened and all I was thinking was that my 2yr old would probablly do something similar or give it away to another kid. The guy was there with his wife and two kids. Great family moment and great family memory.

kdings

#17 has daddy issues, must not have been hugged as a kid or daddy did way more than hug you. Get therapy or dont, nobody cares about you.

dom

#17 jon- u must have been near him and U missed the catch. U R very rude and a jealous human being. This guy is gaga gorgeous with a beautiful family and love and U R a fat slob reading TMZ all day. HA! Loser.

Meliestar

Who is the girl who got to marry this great guy? SOOOO LUCKY!

moveover

A simple, but poignant lesson for all Dads as to what's really important. Good for you, Steve.

Jess

Classy dad!! Good for you! Sweet little girl!

Rbanana

that's the cutest thing I have EVER seen! It made my heart happy!

ketielynn

What a good dad. I know some selfish Dads whose first reaction would not have been their daughters feelings. Kudos to this Dad!

LensmanCT

Best thing I have seen on TV in a long time. Dad is a totally classy guy.

#17...you are just a total douchebag.

The Doc Is In

Class Act

Margaret

I was sitting right below them at the game...too cute! The Phillies staff went to great lengths to retrieve the original ball and return it to this family. The replica went to the guy who the little girl dropped it on.

BJ Rocks

now thats awesome! how cute... And what a great dad

tarded

too cute!!

Kris

That is by far one of the cutest things I've ever seen. This is a guy who loves his little girl way more than baseball. His reaction was so genuine and sweet. That was a really heartwarming moment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments