Jackson Estate

Scores Deal

on 'This is It'

9/17/2009 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned lawyers for Michael Jackson's estate went to court today and the probate judge gave permission for them to strike a deal with Sony Music for the production and distribution of a soundtrack album in connection with the "This is It" film release.

Sources say Sony and the estate have reached an agreement.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

rs

Jan thanks for the links regarding Michael's disease I have seen the young lady before I think she is doing well handling the situation

sue

buzzo- yes i am a blonde and very proud of my natural color... what the hell does that have to do with anything?? you list all your facts as though you have seen the autopsy report? has anyone ever gotten these facts from anything other than media or tabloids? NO NOT AS OF YET, WE DONT EVEN KNOW FOR SURE THAT HE WAS A PRESCRIPTION DRUG ADDICT IT HAS NOT BEEN REPORTED IN THE AUTOPSY.. ALL WE HAVE GOTTEN IS HE DIED FROM PROPOFOL INJECTION LETHAL DOSE, AND THE MEDS THAT DR MURRAY ADMINISTERED TO HIM THAT NIGHT OF HIS DEATH. WE DO NOT HAVE PROOF THAT HE WAS TAKING 40 PILLS IN A 24 HR PERIOD ALL SPECULATION..HAVE WE SEEN HIM WITHOUT A NOSE NOOOOOOOO!!!! SO UNTIL YOU HAVE THE FACTS THAT PROOVE YOUR SO CALLED FACTS, IT IS WHAT IT IS!!! I AM A FAN AND HAVE BEEN FOR 40YRS AND I DONT KNOW ALL THE FACTS AND WHAT IS REAL THAT HE WENT THROUGH OR DIDNT GO THROUGH, ALL I KNOW IS HE HAD A KIND SOUL AND LOVE FOR EVERYONE AND A PURE HEART SO FOR THAT I WILL ALWAYS RESPECT HIM. IN THE EVENT THAT IT IS ALL THE THINGS YOU SAY--I WILL STILL HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART FOR MJ FOR FOREVER!!!! SUE FROM TAMPA

sue

no responding to buzzo or the likes of your kind , i am way past the disrespect of a dead man, and you all have no respect for them --well all i can say is i will pray for you!!! mj rest in peace my friend!!! sue from tampa

rs

You know today I found this website that was talking about how back during Michael's trials the FBI investigated this private airline for secretly recording Michael wile he was on the plane. It was really sick I thought wow this man did not have any peace. If I find it again I will post for everyone

randi

Did AEG pay for the 5 hour exam or did Michael have his choice of drs.? Supposedly it was stated that MJ has dozens of needle marks all over his body and he was a severe drug addict. Wouldn't the drs. have seen all these needle marks and when doing a blood screen, wouldn't they see he was addicted to drugs? I had also read there might have been possibly another exam before the concert. If he was that bad off wouldn't the dr. giving the exam tell AEG that he was not fit to do 10 concerts let alone 50.
Watching the awards on MTV, I was in awe watching MJ slide across the stage and dancing around like he was 50. Naturally, they're not going to show MJ as disoriented, sickly, frail, that wouldn't sell a movie.
When did the 5 hour exam take place? Was it just before the rehearsals or was it a couple months before? Lots of unanswered questions.
As for Tohme, he finally returned the 5 1/2 million dollars that was missing from the estate. What else does he have that he's holding onto. He's such a snake. Michael fired his white butt because he knew he was worthless, but, there he is standing at the podium when they are getting ready to announce MJ's death. They should have given him a small chair to stand on, he looks like a small dude. He thinks he's a powerful person, in his own mind, but Tohme is out to destroy MJ, he fired his personal right after MJ died. It is also a known fact that Randy Phillips' sister was married to Tohme at one time---hmmmmmmmmmmm. Let's look at Tohme first, AEG and than Dr. Murray, I feel Murray is the scapegoat in this

Olala

Michael Jackson the most talented artist around the world. It is beautiful in every period of his life, because his soul is pure. It is a pity that we did not see his new songs and new dances. He has given the world, but more could give.

maizieful

I am concerned about the "This Is It" movie coming out in October. If he was sickly and frail and was taking the anxiety medications it could prove to be not flattering because of his condition and ill health. Sure don't want the masses who see this to remember him less than the great and awesome entertainer he was...... Then there will be negative press about him..SAD.. If he would have had the proper medical treatment and rehabilitation in time the tour could have been the best ever....and a success.

Kristen

I will see the movie but there is no way I am going to buy a cd with only 1 new song on it and the rest of the cd is just old songs that I already have in m collection. Wake Up Sony Execs... Stop trying to profit of this mans death, It Is Sick!!

If fans boycott anything it should be the CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13