Jackson Estate

Scores Deal

on 'This is It'

9/17/2009 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned lawyers for Michael Jackson's estate went to court today and the probate judge gave permission for them to strike a deal with Sony Music for the production and distribution of a soundtrack album in connection with the "This is It" film release.

Sources say Sony and the estate have reached an agreement.

Debbie

Hello i cant wait to see the movie I will feel like I will be a part of seeing him again and this will help his children. We have to make it a big showing for Michael.

Duh

Posted at 7:03PM on Sep 17th 2009 by PatsyB

And here I was reserving judgment about Tito because he has been so quiet. I stand corrected.

LucyInTheSky

...Has more detailed info other than these been disclosed so far re the conditions of the AEG/MJFT to SONY agreement re the This Is It rehearsal video transactions?

Sony buys rights to Jackson's final rehearsal footage

Behind the Scenes

Final Footage: Sony Pictures is finalizing a deal to acquire rehearsal footage from Michael Jackson’s This Is It concert run, with hopes of releasing it in theaters just in time for Halloween, according to Variety. Sony reportedly is paying close to $60 million for the 80 hours of rehearsal footage shot at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The footage currently is owned by AEG Entertainment, who were promoting Jackson’s run of 50 shows at London’s O2 Arena. “High School Musical” director Kenny Ortega, who shot the rehearsal footage, will reportedly also sort through it to assemble the film, which Sony plans on having in theaters on October 30. Variety claims the film will feature “at least three” videos, including an alternative version of “Thriller,” which was intended to be an interstitial video during Jackson’s O2 shows. Terms of the deal were still being hammered out, but according to Variety, the Jackson family estate is expected to collect 90 percent of what’s left after AEG recoups its production costs for the tour.

thanks

JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON

maizieful

#23 Thank you for the information. The entire thing is shocking and horrible. I saw a segment of the film and he looks really sickly and frail. Why did this happen? Expain to me why he wasn't taken to a hospital....So SAD.. How could this be ignored..What do the dancers have to say..Where were his family and friends. Terrible..Love you Michael

LucyInTheSky

13. balls

Posted at 5:44PM on Sep 17th 2009 by balls
__________________________

Grown any hair down there yet?

waitingforclosure

disfasia

waitingforclosure

Hello. Where is this link? Thanks so much.

barb

60. Interesting - Michael's Doc has evidence to put people in jail - just posted on Radar on line

Posted at 8:26PM on Sep 17th 2009 by waitingforclosure

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/17/michael-jackson-sony-this-is-it-film-soundtrack/4#comments#ixzz0RPhbQuGj

You will be sadly disapointed if you beleive that maniac Hoefflin

disfasia

I just found the link Radar on line. Thanks.

disfasia

hoefflin is crazy

Well, I don't believe much from the rags. Very little actually... The dishonest media hungry people are out for a few minutes of "glory"...if you can even call it that. Cheers.

waitingforclosure

I really don't know who to believe - just putting the info out there. You guys are much more knowledgeable then I am, just trying to help. Also on ET, they stated that the Grand Jury is going to days away, not 3-4 weeks as earlier reported. We will see.

mjjfan50

55. 43. Here in England, we were treated to Tito Jackson as a guest on a London radio show the other day. There he was, promoting himself and some show. When asked what his favourite Michael Jackson song was..well he could have chosen so many..Man in the mirror, Billie Jean..you name it..No, dear Tito said "Anything he did with the Jacksons" At that point I turned off..Couldnt he even credit his very talented Brother with at least ONE of his classic songs?

Posted at 7:03PM on Sep 17th 2009 by PatsyB

Posted at 8:09PM on Sep 17th 2009 by Deb

*******************************

they are all greedy and self serving alike.

gs

First off I am fed up with all this if this doctor is crazy then lets prove it. Let him take his information to the Attorney General we should not be afraid of that unless some of us think he might be telling the truth I say let him talk and let him be investigated. I know Michael was murdered and this man deserves justice period. I tire of the lies and dragging his name through the mud I want justice for this innocent man. And I want this witch hunt to end because Michael is dead and he should not be continually lied on.

disfasia

waitingforclosure

I do not trust ET at all. They might be right on some things, but not often enough to be credible news source.

disfasia