Jessica's Doggy Help -- Calling Off the Search

9/18/2009 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the group of experts aiding Jessica Simpson in the quest for her lost dog is officially calling off their search.

Jessica Simpson and Daisy

Sources close to the situation tell us Simpson and the FindToto.com people have exhausted every possible resource to find Jessica's precious Daisy -- last spotted in the grasp of a wild coyote.

We're told Simpson's camp used tracking dogs, scoured neighborhoods, put up posters, power-dialed neighbors and did everything else they could to find a clue ... but came up short.

Jessica Simpson And DaisyWe're even told a pet psychic offered to help, but we're not sure if Jessica actually accepted the supernatural offer.

Jessica still has hope ... but that hope seems to be fading pretty quickly.

NeeNee

I'm So Sorry Jessica :( I Pray God Give You Peace $ Know that Daisy is with all the Other "Doggie Angels"... Where are all the "Pet Lovers?" Whatever Happened to "COMPASSION"??? I Pray None of You Have a Beloved, Precious Pet "Taken from You - In Any Way" "GOD BLESS YOU JESS, I'LL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU!" Sending Lot's of Love, Prayers & Hugs Your Way... Mommy of 2 Mini Schnauzer's

Spellchamp

Sorry Karen, but I'm not buying it.

I think you're trying to make Jessica feel better by giving her hope. A kind thing to do in a way, but on the other hand, also cruel.

However, in case I am wrong, I hope you posted this elsewhere so she has a better chance of seeing it.

And finally, that would have to be the luckiest dog on the PLANET!

His name wouldn't happen to be "Toto", would it? And your friend's name is..."Dorothy"?

SoCal Razzles

fake Simone is probably a criminal too. Get a life.

Sandy

I soooooo Sympathize with her you MORONS. I would hold every dying moment out for my baby. You all make me sick.

seriously

Actually, I have a confession! I only sympathize with Jessica because I am also brain dead and could so see myself in the exact same situation. In fact, I was just in her shoes last year. I'm so stupid, I don't have the common sense to know to watch my dogs when I know coyotes are out.

who dat

Its to bad jessica didn't have better PR people to advise her. This sort of response makes her look like she is ready to be fitted for a straight-jacket. She still has fabulous DD's though.

Mary Worth

So what's next? DAISY ALERTS?

diane

id hope she would find her ! i know i would be quite upset if that happened to my dog, people have a right to their opinion riping on her for it is just stupid people get a life.

M

@Dag

You are a vile piece of trash and you and the heartless morons that are afflicted with the same immaturity, ignorance and severe disconnect from compassion should be ashamed of yourselves for mocking Jessica and making such cruel remarks. One day you will lose something/someone you love and I wonder if you will be laughing then? Karma is a b!tch and so are many of you..Its no surprise that you cannot comprehend the unconditional love that pets bring to a person's life..what would any of you bitter trolls know about love at all? Sadly that is the nature of your mean spirited, toxic souls..you probably have never been loved which explains why you spew your venom and show such a lack of empathy. No wonder so many people prefer pets over people..who wants to be around toxic, nasty people like you? Its unfortunate that pets die and vile haters like you have life wasted on you...I certainly hope you do not own any pets..you are not worthy of the priviledge!

Kalev

They two look so alike in the picture:D:D

TRACKER

i am disgusted by all the comedians having a laugh over this..my heart breaks for what jessica witnessed..your mind can really go into denial to protect you mentally.....LEAVE HER ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

gg

Has anyone explained how this happened? Are coyotes just running the streets of California? If it was in her yard why didn't she have a fence to keep the coyotes out? I feel bad for her but she could have prevented this.

D

awwww jessica i'm so sorry about your little dog.. it's heart breaking

april

Poor Simone....quit arguing with yourself and get a life.

Also, a 'wild' coyote took the dog. So I'm assuming there's 'tame' coyotes out there?????

Joy

WHAT CALLED OFF THE SEARCH???...BUT THE COYOTE PROBABLY JUST WANTED TO TALK TO HER DOG!