Taylor Gives DJ Swift Kick to the Curb

9/18/2009 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor SwiftNo Kanye needed this time, because during a radio interview yesterday Taylor Swift cut her own self off -- after the DJ repeatedly asked her about the VMA incident against her wishes.

It's all anyone cares about this week, but apparently the West situation wasn't a pre-approved "talking point" for her visit to the MJ Morning Show. After briefly addressing the controversy, Swift was done -- but the DJ wasn't.

The dude kept pressing the issue as Taylor told him three times to stop -- then her handlers stepped in and stopped the interview completely.

This is the same DJ who interviewed Miley Cyrus in June -- with the same result.

Jennifer Bouldack

HE is calling the women on The View obnoxious? Are you kidding me? Could HE have BEEN more obnoxious?

I wish I could have been Taylor's handler for that moment. When that idiot told me that his justification for being an ass and not honoring a lady's "no" when she gave it was because "twelve other radio stations are lined up behind me to ask the same question" I would have told him what those other radio stations ask Taylor and what she says to them is none of his business.

I would have told him that his only concern is what is happening RIGHT NOW on HIS radio station, and on HIS radio station and on HIS radio station he has been asked THREE times to move on and since he chose NOT to honor it, Taylor took control of her interview and SHE MOVED ON.

I am a former reporter and I have done my share of difficult interviews where I had to nail a source against a wall. But, only when it was warranted. I DESPISE this type of "GOTCHA" interview when arrogance and aggressiveness is NOT needed, NOT appropriate, NOT necessary and just NOT NOT NOT.

This guy was FAR more obnoxious that anything I've ever seen on The View. What an ass.

homie1kanobe

Taylor , you did an excellent job when a woman says no she means no. I wonder if he does that on his dates. Scary thought, he might be a Perv

marky spark

This dude is a DJ here in Florida and his show revolves around TMZ. This was his attempt to be shocking. Didn't work. This guy sucks at life!

Gmoney

3Xs she asked to move on. I would have hung up after the first warning.

Then the DJ hangs up on the handler rudely.

POTUS put it correctly JACKASS. This nation is full of them.

KC

He's just trying to make a name for himself. When people stop granting him interviews he won't have an audience.

El Mexicano

This DJ was way out of line Taylor was very polite when she ask this ASS to move on. WAY TO GO TAYLOR!!!!

Jennifer Bouldack

Oh, and one more thing. That last question that he just HAD to get in. "Do you think Kanye is mentally ill or if he has a screw loose?"

I have a few questions of my own for that idiotic DJ: Really? Are you kidding me? How did you REALLY think Taylor was going to answer that, you fool?

What possible credentials does she have to determine (and go on the record as saying) someone to be mentally ill? What on earth did you think would make her tell YOU, of all people, that she thinks Kanye, or ANYONE for that matter, has a screw loose?

Did you REALLY think she was going to tell you that? And you are telling me THAT was the question that you risked her leaving your interview for; the question that you just HAD to have an answer to? Did you REALLY think she was going to say, "Yes, I have given this some consideration and I do think he is mentally ill?"

You did nothing but make an ass of yourself. Perhaps you are the one with the mental deficiency, friend.

Chrissy

GO MJ MORNING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen

This DJ is a complete freakin idiot and I hope he never speaks on the radio again. OBNOXIOUS is right! RUDE and BRAINLESS too.

CommonSenseSays...

Good for the handlers! Let's get past this story...

T-in-SD

Wow, that DJ was an idiot. Taylor is quite gracious and handles herself very well and the DJ pushed but in such an idiotic way. What an idiot.

Ticked Off Taxpayer

Typical MJ Moring show BS. MJ is always looking to get in the lime light. His 'career' has been way over. Always trying to jump start it with young girls. Yawn...

mrgoodweather

I'm sorry but isn't that the price you pay for bein a celebrity? Anwering stupid questions is part of the deal! I mean c'mon she nice girl and all but singer? That's a strech! Cripes it was free publicity ride it while she can! Too me she seams just as rude as Jack ass Kanyon whatever his name is!

Donovan

That guy was an obnoxious ahole and I wouldn't listen to that crap if I lived in that area. What an abrasive, ego-inflated jerk. His whole little missy attitude was there from the beginning.

Shannon

MJ is out of Tampa and for a long time was the #1 morning show (mainly because he had no competition) and got a REALLY big head thinking he was the king of radio, then Bubba the love sponge got back in town and spanked his ass down to like 4 or 5 in the rating. MJ is now sueing Bubba because he always makes fun of him on the radio.
Ironically enough MJ hangs up on people that ask him questions he doesn't like either;
"Schnitt (MJ) declined to comment Monday on the ratings, hanging up his cell phone in mid conversation with a St. Petersburg Times reporter." http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/article490086.ece Fully article here.

I should also mention that MJ is the same radio guy that fired an intern for going to a republics for Obama rally.