Cousin of Rapper Common

Killed in Accident

9/19/2009 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CommonAjile Turner, the cousin of rapper Common, was killed in a motorcycle accident in Brooklyn last night.

Sources tell us it happened on the corner of Greene Ave. and Washington Ave. We're told cops responded to a call involving a motorcyclist colliding with a guy on a bicycle -- Turner was on the motorcycle. Both men were taken to Brooklyn Hospital and both were pronounced dead on arrival.

We're told there is no criminality suspected in the incident.

DJ JS-1, a long-time friend of Turner, confirmed his passing and told us, "He was one of the greatest friends anyone could have, he was a pure, honest, good person, hard worker who traveled the world and lived a great life. We all love him and are going to miss him very much."

Turner was founder and CEO of the Echelon Group, an independent concert production company in NYC.

asmith161718

If you guys don't care about Common's cousin then why the F are you wasting your time posting comments. I don't care about the stories below Common on this page but I will not waste my time and energy posting a comment. It's Saturday night why don't you go out and get laid or something. Please use a condom because I would hate for you guys to reproduce.

Shay

why make a comment if you dont know the guy, what are you folks trying to confront?

grape soda

its not that "UNCOMMON" to die in a bike accident.
hahahahahah.
uncommon. get it?
that's fresh.
uh oh. got to go. bye bye.

2drk2fck

common is not common nor a superstar yet, therefore I have no clue why its reported here or elsewhere as celeb news.

Carrie

I was thinking what a slow news day. No offense to whoever common is. Tmz has really sucked this week.

Shay

go to you tube and play the song "i want you" its a good song. you might want to listen to it before you trash him. heart goes out to him, and i dont know his cousin either

teresa

COMMON IS A HUMAN BEING AS WE ALL ARE AND WHEN ANYONE THAT HAS HAD A FAMILY MEMBER KILLED IN A ACCIDENT OR MURDERED , THEY DESERVE THE RESPECT THAT WE ALL DESERVE, ALOT OF PRAYER, IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU ARE FAMOUS OR NOT JUST REMEMBER WE ARE ALL PEOPLE, AND WHEN PEOPLE START TO UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN COMPASSION CAN ENTER OUR SOULS. WITHOUT IT YOU GET DUMB ASS COMMENTS LIKE SOME OF THE ONES THAT ARE POSTED ON THIS SITE.

shauna

"thug rapper"??? come one people. just because hes a rapper doesnt mean he is a thug. actually he is one of the rare and few rappers that actually has a positive msg in what he writes. hes also and actor, smoking aces, american gangster, terminator salvation. nom for several grammys, animal/gay rights/aids activist. im sure people on here never heard of cellist/composer yoyo ma. but it doesnt take away from the amazing talent he has also. wow, the undercurrent of prejudice in this "melting pot" we call America truly saddens me.

shauna

ive never heard of jessica simpsons dog that was eaten to shreds by a wild coyote. but that sure didnt stop tmz from posting multiple updates on her tragic situation. did it? no. so get over it. if u dont like the posts on tmz u have a couple choices. skip the posting and get over it like an adult, or start your own blog/gossip website, where you can be can as provincial as you like.

jason

its amazing how dumb some of you guys are Common aint a thug/gangster rapper his a positive rapper. he raps about positive things plus he also starred in major movies Smokin' Aces, American Gangster, Street Kings, Wanted, Terminator Salvation. so his not a Z-List celebrity.

if you people dont like rap thats alright but you dont have to disrepect Common cousin Ajile Turner. Ajile Turner has done alot with his career his a CEO of the Echelon Group. i bet none of you people have achive what Ajile has.

R.I.P. Ajile Turner

shauna

also for those complaining that they dont see how this is news... IT ISNT! remember this isnt a news website. its an entertainment website. if u wanna get "factual news" go on over to Fox News or the Drudge Report for your desperately needed news.

Jamie

Today is a sad day for my friends, for Fort Greene, for Brooklyn, for NYC, for Japan, for Hawaii, for Cincinatti, for TSU, for Habana Outpost, for Echelon Entertainment, for Common, for Ms. Turner and for me.
********THIS IS A HATER-FREE ZONE**********
RESPECT THE DEAD and those mourning!!!!!!

Ajile you were one of my dearest friends and though the only people that would actually know in detail what occurred have passed, the fact is that you are no longer here.

I know in my heart that you are in a better place. I will forever love and miss your smile, your charisma, your warmth and your laughter and you always checking the stock market! And to think you just celebrated your birthday a month ago!

RIP AJILE

Shay

83:love your comment. 86: why are you commenting? later my fellow americans.

bonjon

To the Turner Family and the many friends of Mr.Ajile Turner May God give you peace and understanding at this time of loss. Ajlie was truly LOVED and will be sorely missed. May he gently rest in God's loving care. Praying for God's strength for you all. His TSU family is with you in prayer. One Love.

ginadawnnashvegas

I cannot dignify with a response the cruel, nasty and dismissive commentary of some of the individuals that have posted on this article. It is obvious that if any of them had ever experienced true friendship and unconditional love, had compassion or tact or any kind, they could never write such hateful and ugly words. For this, I feel sorry for them. I am honored to have been able to call Aj my friend since our freshman year at TSU. Can't believe he's gone, but am oh so grateful I got to know him.