Emmy Awards 2009 -- No Effort Required

9/20/2009 7:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Boring tuxedos and simple dresses were abound at the Emmy Awards tonight -- and then there was soap star Victoria Rowell ...

Launch

tb

I don't know who this person is but she has definitely had too much kool aid.

To #5, do you like the president only because he is black?
To #9 The whites put the bi racial president in office.
To #11 You said it best.

ES

43. Let me guess, Fox News has a link to TMZ's pic of her in the dress? Such White privilege angst in here! Who cares "how" black he is? She supports him and chose to show it on her dress. Yet, it's not even about fashion to the commentators in here. (you'd have a legitimate case if it were) It's an opportunity to take woefully racist digs, not only at this actress, but at the President and Black people in general. Ironic that so many chose to cloak their disgust in claiming she (or the President) is the racist. Get a clue. YOURS is the racism that people are talking about in the country. We still have a problem and the comments in here are sheer evidence of that.

Posted at 11:39PM on Sep 20th 2009 by Disappointed
_________________________________

Name one other black celebrity who has ever worn an item of clothing to a major awards show which supported a non-black political candidate. Can you? If you can't, then why are you surprised people think this is about race?

He's just another Idiot

I thought the Emmy Awards show was lame. Very boring in fact. The only thing worse on TV today was Dictator Obama on FIVE shows. He is the biggest Egotist in the world. It has nothing to do with his race, he is arrogant and conceited. Why doesn't he get some Democrats and Republicans in a room and discuss our problems and policies? He would rather preen on TV every day. He makes Hitler look like a Sunday School teacher. He's ruining our country.

oprah

I think she wants a "BJ" from Osama Obama...its the only thing he may have the brain for

Tiredofdumbasspeople

People, people, people! She simply wore a dress, that SHE liked... on HER body. So she supports President Obama, so what alot people do and they aren't all black. I simply will never understand all the hate in this country. Yes he is black and white...but you dont care you just want to bring him down because of the part of him that is black.Jimmy Carter was correct in everything he said! But the fact remains, he will make great strides in this country and he will make things better and you know what.....you all will still have something negative to say because you are so narrow minded and LOST. That's the main thing....you are lost. I wonder if hell is gonna big enough house you all.

maggie

She just ruined her career, but Obama will send her a check. No one that makes their living off the public should promote this at a award show. No one in Hollywood will touch her as they can't afford the bad press with this economy. This has nothing to do with black vs white. You just can't cure stupid.

kerry

es,

That's the straw-man retort you're going to provide? Seriously? I can't think of any other politician, of any race, that's been worn by a celebrity (of any ethnicity) to an awards show. Ergo, by your logic, since she is Black or bi-racial and he is as well she must be a racist who only likes him because he's like her! I see! She has no mind of her own or sense of political philosophy. Her skin looks like his, so she blindly supports him. What a load of ignorant crap. To those who do equate the two, shame on you. She has a vagina too, but I don't see Sarah Palin or even Maxine Waters on her dress.

She chose to wore an item of clothing that I would not. She's making a statement based on her support of a candidate and politics. And the comments in here are predominantly focused on race. Yet, she said nothing of race. Their like skin tone is beside the point. Instead of saying "oh he's a horrible President and she's a fool for supporting him" as I would have had someone worn Bush on their gown, commentators degrade her ethnicity and decide to minimize her based on that. How original. Except that that's exactly what I (and I'm glad to see one or two others) are talking about.

He's just another Idiot

Obama is becoming a BIG BORE on television every day. Why doesn't he go in a room with Democrats and Republicans and discuss our problems and policies instead of strutting around like a demanding Dictator. We're in worse shape since he became President. WE DON'T WANT that arrogant Obama or Big Government telling us what to do. Because he is so stubborn he isn't thinking of the good for our country, he just wants to get his way like Dictators do.

kelkel

I'm so disgusted with all these racial comments, especially "The Warden's". Victoria Rowell is actually half white. Her biological child looks so white people don't think she is her child. This isn't a racial issue. You people who call her names are as bad as Jimmy Carter calling us racist for not supporting Obama. Sometimes we just like or dislike policies, regardless of color. And sometimes we like to wear obnoxious clothing celebrating those that extole those policies.

comeonnow

Again - Obama was voted into office by a MAJORITY of disenfranchised blacks that he had basically not dealt with until he needed their undereducated, misinformed, and most likely previously unregistered votes. The fact that an actress should make a bad fashion choice is pointless, but to put a bumpersticker on herself (why not tatoo?) should be career suicide. Although, based on Obama's judgement, she may be appointed Minister of Culture...

He's just another Idiot

Just because Obama is black, I don't like him??? I think not. I am black, a Democrat and I voted for him. A big mistake on my part. It's going to be a long four years. I hope we survive. I'm worried about his extreme liberal views. He is dividing this country.

Abby

TO ALL U IGNORANT AND STUPID RACIST, GO TO HELL! I WONDER WHAT UR PROBLEM ARE ALL U HATERS, FORGETTING THAT WE ARE ALL CREATED BY ONLY ONE GOD, SAME GOD TODAY, TOMORROW AND FOREVER. WHY NOT JUST TRY TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND STOP BEING RACIST, YOU ALL ARE NOT BETTER THAN A BLACK PERSON, I AM BLACK AND I AM PROUD. TO HELL U ALL HATERS OF OBAMA

Real

She's like totally phat and the whip and everythang. All she needed was to be pregnant and holding a bottle of "Hen" to complete the ensemble.

Holly

What an idiot. She really looks like a fool. That's the problem with some people--they constantly have to be advertising who and what they like, etc., all over their clothes. This idiot brings that behavior to a whole new level.

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Don't look at Obo as either black or white. Look at him like you look at Wacko -- splotched. Then, you don't have to worry about attacks of perceived racism from victicrats.

Notice at the Emmys that Wacko received very little applause during the memorial portion of the show?