Mariah Carey: Good Genes or Good Docs?

9/20/2009 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mariah Carey has hit a high note ... and her voice is really good too.

Mariah Carey

Here's the 21-year-old diva back in 1991(left) -- and 18 years later, the 39-year-old version at a film premiere in Toronto last week (right).

She really is "Precious."

Real

Well, she's "black" as she states, right?"black don't crack" (unless they're on crack) so it's gotta be good genes, right? That picture of her fanny on that other "site" with Morprah said 50 years old. Glamour shots couldn't hide that thang.

Anyway,I'd like to give her more credit but the claiming she's "black" thing did her in.

Lurker1

3. Yikes! Er, all original except for the Rembrandt veneers, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, brow lift, liposuction, botox and chemical peel!

You left out nose job and cheek implants.

She had some help, but she looks great. When I win the lotto, I'm going to her doc.

Mo

Come on people. she has had so much plastic surgery. I am not putting her down because if you can afford it go for it but good genes!!!!!! Get real

yeah....and?

This woman has not had plasitc anything done to her face.

Why is it so hard to believe we can still have nice skin at 39? White girls, stay out of the sun, no smoking and eat right and here is the result. There are many women who have listened when they said NOT to tan.

I'm one of them. 42 and my skin is pretty darn good if I don't say so myself.

Besides, the ones bitchin' are probaly all wrinkled up and looking like prunes. Don't hate us, ask how we do it instead, still carded at 42, it happens people. Thank goodness I was never a pure white girl and tanning! I'd be very scared about how bad I was looking like my peers.

TheWholeTruthAndNothingBut

Hmmm...in her earlier pic, she bears a striking resemblance to Michael Jackson's oldest son Prince Michael.

Straight Talkin Texan

Both! Good genes AND good doctors! Her hair looks great this way, much better than when it's straight.

L

U R kidding me right?
Good genes yes-Good docs -Heck no as she is still a lunatic diva dealing in her own planetary existence.
Boy toy hubby Nick as cute as he is caters to her-Tell me -WHO tells her no-as MS $ BAGS IS FLOATION THE BOAT FOR EVERYONE AROUND HER.
pretty MARIAH U aint pretty 4 Ever... When all is said and done what matters is how U feel inside-how you matter to those around you -Uhh Huh-Spiritual not monetary- and so so sorry pretty girl-when you hit 50 it all changes and what you gave was commands and demands- So how it all starts to end is like life in reverse--- If you gave lots of love all the way thru-well you make out OK-
If you demanded and diva'd your way thru than you end up a scary ugly cartoon charecter.
So living life clean,honest,good natured from the heart only brings good things going forward-Living with demands,contingencies,others expectations,and how you want them to be only breeds BAD BAD results-Try it-U will see- Good breeds good and da ugly breeds da ugly.....

TYRONE

OH NO NOT THAT CHINA DOLL FAKE A$$ WANNABE..SHE'S SO PHONEY AND SICKENING.......SHE HAS HER FOLLOWERS WORSHIP HER TO NO ENDS.......GET A LIFE YA'LL..........

Raylene

You people make me laugh. She looks pretty damn good, always has and always will!

If I recall, in an interview she discussed her skin regimen. She doesn't smoke, stays away from smoke, and moisturizes constantly. I don't remember the name of the moisturizer but it's like $100 for less than 6oz and is like SPF 30 or higher. I mean come on, if I had MC money I would totally buy that stuff by the gallon if Mariah's complexion is what you get.

I just think this is a good example of how gorgeous a woman’s skin can be when she takes care of it.

Dr. H

The rhinoplasty Ms. Carey has had performed is some of the best I have ever seen. Subtle but obvious. Also, she has clearly had breast augmentation, and I would say some collagen lip injections. Dermabrasion and chemical peels are minor procedures. At any rate, I would love to visit her plastic surgeon myself, as her surgery is some of the best I have seen, and it takes a true artist to shape the tip of a nose, particularly as well as hers has been done. Her breast aug is a bit obvious, but perhaps she herself wanted larger implants. Hard to know. At any rate, she looks fantastic, and the changes are truly subtle. Beautiful work.

Carlton

Her nose changes are so subtle that it can be argued that she had plastic surgery. She could just have a good makeup artist now, and a not so good one in 91. Makeup can change any feature on the face drastically, and the one it tends to always affect the most is the nose.

By the way, I know she's not using collagen in her lips. It doesn't have that fake look that some of the celebs using collagen use. She's just using lip plumper.

I think her breasts might be implants, but then again she was a size 0 in 91 and now she's gained A LOT of weight, and that can make breasts appear enormous (especially considering she's always wearing tight clothes).

I don't think she's had a lipo either. Her trainer is supposedly the best in Hollywood, and I think she has a workout regime. When she showcased her house on MTV Cribs she had a pretty large gym room with weights, treadmill, bike machine, bo-flex, etc. So I think it's a good workout routine. Her weight constantly fluctuates too, so that's another sign that she never had a liposuction.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4