Kirk Cameron

Plays the Hitler Card

9/22/2009 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Evangelical actor Kirk Cameron is on a serious crusade against Charles Darwin -- connecting the scientist's most famous and significant work to Adolf Hitler.

0221_media_removed-1
To commemorate the upcoming 150th anniversary of Darwin's "Origin of Species" -- Kirk has released a 6-minute long video on his evangelical website bashing Darwin's book along with C.D.'s famous theory of evolution.

In the video attack -- which Kirk made to promote the release of a reworked, creationist edition of "Origin of Species" -- Kirk essentially calls Darwin a racist, a woman-hater and claims Darwin's theory has an "undeniable connection" with Hitler.

But it gets better -- Kirk claims he will be embarking on a college tour, in the hopes of infiltrating the minds of America's future "lawyers, doctors and politicians."

To quote Kirk, "These students aren't stupid."

Let's hope not.

Francie

In response to aetheists comment ..."to attempt to shred a theory" is exactly why he's doing this. Darwin's "theory" doesn't have an evolutionary leg to stand on. If subjected to today's modern scientific and biological knowledge his "theory" would be instantly debunked and revealed for what it is, some delusional attempt to discredit the Creator of the universe who has eternity in his hands. It's your choice where to spend it.

mia

kate, fantasies should never be taught as fact in the schools. Shame on you.

Mily

I think it's ridiculous that he said "We're going to give them the opposing and correct point of view" in the same breath that he says "These kids aren't stupid and should be allowed to make up their own minds."

way to even contradict yourself there Kirk.

mia

Creationism doesn't "scare" evolutionists just as voodoo doesn't "scare" scientifically-trained medical doctors.

I think "greatly annoy" is a much better term.

Trish

Hmm. As far as I can tell you say that he is saying the truth because the bible says it's so. It's a book. Charles Darwin also wrote a book. Why is one book more truthful than the other just because it's your favourite book. My favourite book is Hitchiker's Guide the the Galaxy so I guess I believe that the world was created in a factory by mice to figure out the meaning of life, the universe and everything. Hey that sounds pretty good. It's a lot more believable than that bible thing and it didn't require the inclusion of incest, rape, gang rape, domestic violence, genocide, pedophilia, theft, murder (maybe the whale but that was an accident), capital punishment, prostitution, etc.
As for Darwin being a woman hater, I think Mr. Cameron just needs to look into his little bible to see the "Origin of the Hatred of Women".

Elena

I may not totally agree with Cameron but I defend his right to speak his mind. We all have that right. People either will listen or they won't ... It's not worth getting upset over.

Juliette

Christianity has an "undeniable connection" with Hitler, racism has an "undeniable connection" to Christian Fundamentalists, and Krk Cameron has an "undeniable connection" to willful ignorance

We Christians have no connection with Hitler.....If you remember your history...We, Christians, have been killed for our beliefs. Would you die for yours....

Bubba nedwod

Jeez, kooks like this give someone all liberals can point a finger at when they want to discredit Christians. Kirk, you're killing me !! If anyone wants to mention Hitler, just don't.

steve tole

One thing that always makes me laugh are people who feel the need to push their faith on other people. I laugh even more when it's a former celebrity , usually cause their career has taken a dive and ex. Stephen Baldwin. Kirk you are actually very scary to listen too. To have that much passion for christ. You know if the people would stop putting such stock in religion, millions of people would still be alive and wars would not be fought. Personally when i die i will see what happens.

diana

GOoo Kirk!
GOD LOVE YOU ALL that I WHY HE DIED FOR YOU. =)
GOD BLESS YOu

RM

Since we don't know what a "day" is to God, how do we know that evolution wasn't God's way of creating the Earth to begin with? God gave man a brain for him to rise above all the other creatures. I bet he gets really ticked off when morons like Kirk say stupid doo-doo like this.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/22/kirk-cameron-plays-the-hitler-card/#comments#ixzz0RsFWWdKP

I'm a Christian, and, like many Christians, think Kirk's opinion is bunk. Yes, Darwin could be wrong, but so far so good. Thanks joesmom for putting such debate in a good perspective not in the lets-bash-Christians-again mode.

mia

Francie, do you REALLY think that so many highly educated and experienced scientists would believe that evolution occurred if there wasn't a lot of really good solid evidence for it?? Are you that stupid??? Please take some science courses! You're in bad need of them.

And just like Wombat, if you choose to be stupid, then at least be consistent. You don't like science? Then get the h*ll off of your computer. Let god help you communicate with others through his omnipresence and omniscience. Stop using everything that science has provided to you. Get rid of your cell phone, car, and every other appliance you so rely on every single day WHICH SCIENCE PROVIDED TO YOU! Stop going to doctors. Let god heal you.

You f*cking stupid ass hypocrites make me really angry.

Tony

"opposing and correct view" is what Mr. Camron says in his video, correct for him maybe, but his truth is not the truth if everyone. He is free to believe what he wants and no one can should judge him for that, but I'll be damned if I'll allow him to pass judgement on what it is I believe either. You say your a Christian why then should you not do as you say. I doubt you will be the first person in line to cast thee stone.

jessemosslover

I personally dont believe in evolution either but calling Darwin a racist and comparing him to hitlet is ridiculous.

mia

The religion businesses are scrambling. Religious adherents decrease every single day. It won't be long until atheists are the majority. That makes the religion business leaders very very angry and anxious.