Phillips: I Aborted My Dad's Possible Love Child

9/23/2009 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mackenzie Phillips went public with an incestuous relationship with her father today on "Oprah" -- and says the reason the affair finally ended was because she became pregnant ... and didn't know if her father was the father.

Mackenzie Phillips: Click to watch
Phillips claims she was raped by her dad, Mamas & the Papas singer John Phillips, while she was 19 -- and the relationship continued for 10 years. The "One Day at a Time" actress says she later became pregnant -- but wasn't sure if John or her then-husband Shane Fontayne was the baby-daddy.

According to Phillips, her father paid for the abortion -- and then she "never let him touch me again."

.............

. Everyone calling her a liar or saying she shouldve kept it to herself is just as bad as the molester.

-----------------

You are a freaking moron to even make such a comparison. That's what therapists are for idiot. And what about her kid's feelings? Bullcrap it's about airing secrets for personal enlightment, it's about money and selling a book.

Linda Mott

When she was a child, her dad had candy dishes with all kinds of drugs in them. She was introduced to drugs by him. I have no doubt that she is telling the truth. Many times children hide the abuse until years later and write books to release the pain. They blame themselves all their lives.

MuMsie

She must need the money - on Oprah to promote her new book - oh brother. Her life story has become so tiresome ... why in the world do we need to know this? McKenzie you have a son ... focus on your him for once & stop obsessing about your miserable life.

Anita

Raped for 10 years? Come On.
If the story is true both of them were messed up.

hainesvictoria

rape... oh brother! this sounds like an HBO special where they were sitting around getting high and sounded like a good idea at the time... please there are children who i need to focus my sympathy on... children with no voices especially on Oprah!!!!

Sand D

I am not saying its not true but I am saying she holds equal blame she was 19 people know at that age what is right and wrong and to keep it up of 10 years.....come on get real. Telling now won't do anything to set her free...her freedom came with choice and she made the wrong one, keeps making the wrong ones and on top of all that the death of the drug-dad should have set her free....now she has to deal with her part of the story.
Is it impossible no...is it possible she was an unwilling partner....no way she got what she wanted from it and now she wants to sell a book, just another one in the line of stories that should be directed to Dear Abby...over and out

I love Dwayne

This is the height of depraved behaviour. And why would she think the world would want to hear this garbage? Has she no shame? Sick sick people. She's flogging this book because she's a broke junkie. Go see a shrink and get help.

thinkaboutit

OK, I admit it! It was me all along. I had the keys to their apartment and let myself in. I was actually going after Barbara, but got lost in the dark and settled for Julie!

Better Than You

If she did have his baby, it would give a whole new meaning to The Mamas And The Papas.

Karen

I have met her and yes, she is a troubled person who lived a insane rock lifestyle..but to have concentual sex with her father at that age..I don't know..Maybe alot of it is embellished to help her sell a book..

Ziggy

The Menedez boys said they were molested too after they shot up their parents in their living room. I think McKenzie is committing character assassination on her dearly departed dad and all for the same cause as the Menedez creeps, that ol' mighty dollar. I predict book signings in her future, her bank account getting fat and plenty of drugs getting snorted up her nose.

She could care less as long as the money rolls in and the drugdealers can supply the goods.

Rob

Her father could of had a GOOD LOOKING WOMAN, why the hell would he pick an ugly skank like her?

mycolorist

thinkaboutit

What does a redneck girl say when she loses her virginity?

"Get off me papa, you're crushing my Marlboro's!"

hahahaha!

Not buying it. At age 19 until she was 29 years old she continued to allow her father to have sex with her?? Sorry at that age you ARE old enough to be in control of your own life and body. I agree with the posters who say it's convenient that this 'revelation' has come out along with the release of her book .. and the convenient death of her father. She's been so messed up for years who knows what crazy stuff is in her head.