Papper Wants Big Bucks From Britney

9/24/2009 7:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A paparazzo has put a price on his foot -- $221,533.59, and he wants Britney Spears to foot the bill.

Britney Spears: Click to watch
Britney Spears ran over photog Ricardo Mendoza's foot while leaving a medical building in 2007. Mendoza, who worked as a photog for TMZ at the time, sued Britney but never specified how much he thought his foot was worth. But now he has.

Mendoza claims he's suffered $195,000 in general damages, $16,533.59 in medical bills and $10,000 for any future foot problems.

Right after the accident Mendoza said he would let bygones be bygones and actually allowed us to auction his sock off for charity. But hey, business is business.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Jenn

Maybe she should just buy him a pair of new socks. lol

This guy is a joke! I have had my foot ran over before. It was much worse then what happened to him. I didn't even go to the doctor or e.r. I sucked it up, limped around for a few weeks and went on with my life.

Seriously, if you stand in front of a moving vehical on purpose, you deserve to get ran over!

Gleedsville

Wtf is wrong with you idiots? Do you sue a lion if it attacks you while chasing it down for a picture? You make me sick. I'm gonna come jump in front of your car outta nowhere everyday for a year and bankrupt your ass.

MS. THANG

TMZ. SERIOUS. COME ON HARVEY, YOUR AN ATTORNEY. DOES THIS GUY REALLY HAVE A CHANCE? I MEAN YEAH BRIT IS A LITTLE STRANGE BUT ITS BECAUSE OF IDIOTS YOU HIRE THAT MAKE HER THAT WAY. SO IN PART YOUR RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS LAWSUIT AND MAYBE SHE SHOULD COUNTERSUIT. POOR BRIT, I HOPE THIS IDOT JUST GOES AWAY AND HARVEY, I REALLY HOPE HE DOESNT WORK FOR YOU BECAUSE IF HE DOES, YOU MOST LIKELY WILL BE SUED FOR SOMETHING THIS NUCKLE HEAD WILL MAKE UP. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND BRITTANY.

Tracy

White socks and sandals!!! Get real!!! No fashion sense and no common sense!!! Sad little MORON out to make a quick buck!!!
He should be put in jail for trying to con money out of the poor girl.

kun

oh MG Not afraid of hard work.
xem phim

nicky

Well if the Papper wasn't so F***ing close to her car and stalking her that wouldn't have happened now would it?

If I walk out in front of a moving vehicle and it hits me does that mean I can sue too?

What an a**hole!

Eddie

Those numbers are outrageous! There is no way Britney could have possibly done that much damage to his foot. The guy had it coming. Don't stand in front of moving cars you dumbass. That's what they all are - idiots who have nothing better to do but ruin people's lives. He deserved it. They all do. I'm glad Britney ran over his foot.

Really?

You are an idiot for being that close to a car you know is going to move. My dogs are smarter than that dumb ass.

adrian

suing britney for this!! god its his fckn fault...if he is all up on the car then of course if you dont move when the car starts to move...yes sherlock you are going to get run over!! plus why sue her?? you can hear people saying hes ok and he is walking away like nothing happened! not limping or looking hurt! i think he just wants money what a sorry a** douche bag, i truly hope he gets run over by a trailer so that he can now have a reason to talk sh*t!! lets all pray for it to happen!!!

for now

This is serious! This is outrageous!. I am shocked! Shame on Brit!
A judge should award Mr. Mendoza a total of 17 ( seventeen ) cents.

John

I think he is full of BS! I saw that episode of TMZ in 2007 when Britney ran over him. In fact he was on the show and he was just fine.

shoe love

He deserves -0 dollars and 40 licks. Why don't you become the photog leeches with some manners, professionalism,and just plain decency? Try distinguishing yourselves. It may pay off in the end.

Mookie

I saw the live-action footage of this "accident" a day or two after it happened.......you can watch the guy actually move to place his foot in front of the tire of her very slowly moving vehicle. I think the photographer behaved as if he actually wanted his foot to be run over, so he could sue her or get more publicity for himself. I don't have any strong feelings for Britney Spears one way or another - but watching this incident made me feel bad for her - it is apparent she is dealing with some really weird people that go out of their way to 'create' chaos. BIZARRE!

Melroy1980

Honestly opinion? It's not Brits fault for running his foot...the paps placed himself there, so closed to the moving car...he placed himself in danger.

FinallySomeSanity

I agree with most comments regarding the pap's putting himself in danger. Celebrities ought to get legislation prohibiting paparazzi from standing sitting running anywhere within 10 feet of their cars. That way, if they violated this restriction, any injury or harm would be their own fault. In the case of this bozo, I think he should assume all responsibility for his risk-taking and I hope the court feels the same way.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6