Randy and Evi Quaid

Arrested After Struggle

9/24/2009 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Quaid and his wife Evi were just arrested in Marfa, Texas, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us they were picked up by Presidio County Sheriff's deputies. We're told there was a struggle and deputies had to wrestle Evi to the ground as she screamed loudly.

Felony arrest warrants had been issued for the Quaids in Santa Barbara, CA for burglary, defrauding an innkeeper and conspiracy. They're accused of stiffing the San Ysidro Ranch near Santa Barbara out of thousands of bucks.

UPDATE: Presidio County Sheriff's deputies tell us Randy assaulted them both physically and verbally and resisted arrest, but they will not file charges. We're also told the Sheriff's Office is in touch with officials in Santa Barbara County, who want Randy and Evi extradited.

UPDATE: We're told it was Evi who verbally and physically assaulted the officer -- she was eventually wrestled onto the hood of the cop car.

Story developing...

jean

Why is it that mentally unstable people of movie ,or ,music fame get chance after chance to be above the law(s) for the rest of the population? Most of us get one chance only and we are done for.The only message it sends out, is the more outlandish behavior they have, there will always be a few copy cats to follow in their footsteps. Only problem is the copy cats go behind bars alot longer than these mental midgets from Hollyweird! I just hope they get some real medical help,oh wait ,it sounds like another trashy moive script down the pike!

Countrygirl

It sure wouldn't be difficult to rack up a huge charge at that place the CHEAP room costs over $1,000 per night, yes, per night. The Warner goes for $4,000 per night.

They lived it high on the hog while they could. I'm thinkin' those days are over.

Becky

Yes, Randy and Evi have money.

tex

I'm sure he's expecting his brothers to bail him out....Dennis' phone is prolly exploding,

Cory (yes Feldman)

WAIT!!!

On the webcast Harvey said Evi assaulted the cops and Randy was the negotiator.

Erica

Wow...Professor Gates got arrested for getting loud with the cop in his own home....whitey gets to be physically AND verbally abusive and is not charged....hmmm.....interesting indeed.

ColoradoRob

If this story is true why wouldn't the Sheriffs Department file charges against them. Sounds to me like they broke the law pretty good. Celebrity or not Cuffem and Stuffem!!!

Liz

I don't get it. I can't even reserve a room at a Days Inn without giving them a credit card. How is it possible that these people just waltzed out of a pricey B&B without paying? How did they get the room in the first place? If I take a Pepsi from the mini-fridge the charge shows up on my card statement. How could the innkeeper not have gotten their billing info before giving them a key to the room?

christy

I dont understand how he assaults officers and no files charged. That is crazy to me and to the one making it about race just knock it off. Those guys got jail and deserved it period. There are so many cases in hollywood of all the colors who get away with this stuff and I am sick of it and I am really sick and tired of people like you.

s jules

Can you say, "White trash?"

a lipstick Lesbian

Time for another "Vacation" movie. That requires no acting.

a lipstick Lesbian

Did he use the "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM" line?

something smells

WELL HW DID GET PAID VERY LITTLE TO BE IN BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

Crystal

# 26 Christy name a couple people in Hollywood that are of non-white race that have gotten away with assualting a police officer? That's what I thought...maybe the police officers in Marfa TX are not used to actually "working" on the job and thought they were accidentally shoved and cursed at.

roo

It's nice to know that money buys so much. Isn't it great that Randy won't be charged with assaulting an officer? I'm sure it makes the officer feel fantastic.

Randy and Evi you are both classless jerks and I hope that you DO get what you both deserve.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments