G'Night, John Boy

9/26/2009 5:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 70-year-old resurfaced at some event, looking vibrant.

Michael Learned

When her contract on "The Waltons" was not renewed in 1979, her character developed tuberculosis and was sent to a sanitarium.

In 2006, Michael appeared on a few episodes of "Scrubs."

COMMENTS

Simone

She is looking good.

KARRIE

OMG! she used 2 be pretty...what happened!

StatelyOne

Has she had work done or what!!!!!!

Diafel

Wow!
Seems like she's had a few too many lifts. Now she's got the permanent "surprised" look!
Pay attention people!
This could be you if you don't learn to like yourself the way you are!

Liz

OMG...how sad is that. She was so attractive, and if she would have just let herself age gracefully, she still would be. It breaks my heart.

TMZ hits a new low

I grew up watching The Waltons (kind of a sad show in my humble opinion, the poverty and all), and that is NOT her. Yeah, this one has had a ton of work but I see ZERO resemblance. Zero.

wonderingwhy

First, she lessened her work on WALTON's of her own accord in the final season as many stars do.
She's always been dignified and open about her depression issues and has kept working on TV and stage.
She is smart, strong and lovely to the fans...real class.
And she looks greater than GREAT; we love Michael!

ES

I think she looks fantastic for her age, but she may want to rethink the red lipstick & haircolor. A much subtler shade of both would give her a softer look. I'd go for a dark blonde for the hair color with some subtle highlights around the face. And I'd try some medium shade of pink or peach tones for the lips...something with more moisture. Otherwise, she is a beautiful lady.

MDK

WHY SO SERIOUS?!?

Terry Joe

" Back in, oh, 1976, I had the pleasure of going on the set of The Waltons ( inside scenes, and outside ) for several weeks there at Burbank Studios, California. My having just turned 18, I thought Miss Learned was beautiful, and she gave no hesitation when I walked up to her during an outside scene to get her autograph. Too, I well remember walking up to meet ( the late ) Will Geer, AND, Ellen Corby. 'Grandpa Walton' ( Geer )had just finished a scene under the very large hot movie lights.....I was smoking a cig, and Mr. Geer said (while patting the top of my head), " Young man, don't you realize those things are bad for you.if the good lord had intended for us to smoke, he'd made chmneys on our heads ". WHAT A GREAT show it was...wholesome and very family inspiring, unlike what most of what Hollywood 'puts out today.
" Good night John Boy....good night Grandma...Grandpa....Good night Elizabeth :)

SianP

Oh my goodness, what has she done to herself? She was always such a naturally lovely woman, even years after The Waltons. But now she doesn't even look like herself, other than her hair still being basically her natural shade, even if it might be from a bottle now. I remember hearing her on some talk show years ago and talking about how she had decided she would probably go in for a few procedures, she specifically mentioned wanting some work done on her eyes, but I hadn't seen any pics of her since then. Oh, whoever did her eyes should be shot. It completely changed her look and the shape of her eyes. Poor Michael. But it could be worse, and I do hope she's happy, no matter what. I always liked her, and you still can't take away the sparkle in her changed eyes. But this is not a good look for her.

Carolyn A-B

That's Miss Michael Learned, TMZ.

Gotta love her. She was the quintessential God-fearing, self-sacrificing, ever-loving Protestant matriarch. She rocks.

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

Wow, might want to tone down on the CLOWN MAKEUP.

Looks like Flo, the Progressive Insurance girl in 40 years!!!!

RobLowesXNanny

Always loved Mrs. Walton! She looks good for 70! If she'd tone down the makeup, she would look even more beautiful.

balls