L.A. to Kanye

We Forgive You!!!

9/27/2009 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He may be a social pariah everywhere else -- but when Kanye West made a surprise appearance at Common's benefit concert last night in Hollywood, he got a hero's welcome.

The crowd at the show -- which featured Common, Nas, Ludacris, De La Soul, The Roots, Mos Def, Talib Kweli and more -- just exploded when Kanye rushed out on stage. He stayed for a few songs -- including "Good Life" and "Run This Town" -- and had the crowd going nuts the whole time.

Kanye was able to perform without interruption.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

elaine

Kanye was right. Swift had no business being nominated in that category on MTV. The way he did it was wrong but that was MTV's fault 4 putting country music in that category. Those other artist work their butts off to get nominated for their craft and they got nothing. I'm poed at Kanye for creating a monster because now Swift gets the Pity vote. Yes, she is a talented country music singer but she doesn't belong in pop, rap,or hiphop music. Kanye West is a talented artist. Maybe all the rappers should go over to CMT & see if they can get some awards. I doubt CMT would nominate them for anything.

DeeWA2009

Despite his bad behavior, Kanye is a good artist. Getting to see a FREE concert would be great. PLUS, most of those folks, obviously, were young kids who weren't country fans, so of course they'd side with Kanye. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of a BIG ego and "sippy sippy" at the VMA's. Also, like at least one person said, if a white guy did that to a black woman, it'd be on. That person would still be in hiding.

Bite me

Well I am Indian, All's I can say is, what have you done for me lately? Put a nice commercial on tv i the 70's of me crying.
Seems both whites and blacks need to get along or go back to your own countries, I mean that is what I am reading here. Talk about hate, walk a mile in my shoes.
This man not only embarrassed himself but the lady. If you choose to support him that's your choice, but the racist crap needs to stop. Everyone needs to get over themselves. If you do not like his actions, do not buy his music.
Is this what we gave up 50 cent for though, come on.

TheMan

Who Cares...

whatever

Kayne West is still a loser with a massive ego he needs to check.

Poo Brains

the hard core blacks who hate white people forgive him, but the mainstream blacks think he belongs in rehab.

Aaron

Kayne = Punk
Crawl away and die...soon.

UGGGGHHH

HOPE IS WAS SOBER THIS TIME.

oprah

I guess if America accepts Obama with all his crookedness, then why not accept Kayne...compared to the faux messiah, he hasn't done a thing wrong

.....Just saying

JoyceePoo

Sure, reward someone for acting like a total jerk! I'm not surprised. He is the biggest racist in entertainment. Wonder what would happen if a white guy had done the same thing to a black artist, while accepting her award? His career would be over! Double-standard! Come on people.
Hey Kanye, go find a rock and crawl under it!

UGGGGHHH

I MENT TO SAY I HOPE HE WAS SOBER THIS TIME.

no way

America gave Kanye his spanking, and now most of us are moving on. He was a complete ass that night hope he better have learned his lesson.

machin3

Someone should snipe his stupid ass.

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

Not watching the clip. Its unfortunate that bad behavior gets rewarded in America.

TheMan

They're cheering him on because now he's an racist icon. They love him for it. It's a celebration!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments