Jackman & Craig -- Can You Hear Us Now?

9/28/2009 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Wolverine and James Bond are not to be messed with, especially when they're doing the whole acting thing.

Hugh Jackman: Click to watch
Hugh Jackman
and Daniel Craig were trying to perform their play "A Steady Rain" Wednesday night in NYC -- but some nitwit forgot to turn off his mobile phone. Jackman set the dude straight -- staying in character all the while. Minutes later, the ring tone echoed through the theater again and Craig's response was Tony-worthy.

Neither actor seemed shaken or stirred.

Nick

I'm sure whatever they said was witty and in character, the audience and TMZ seem to like it, but I can't make out most of what they are saying. I got the "don't be embarrassed, just grab it" part. That has to be the only reason why that person wouldn't just turn off their phone real quick. They didn't want everybody to realize that the idiot in the theater was them.

Elissa

Wish I could understand what the actors said. Hugh Jackman absolutely ROCKS -- I would love to see that play!

Sue

Is this a good idea to even confront these rude people from stage? People will be having their friends call them up during a play so that they can get on TMZ or YouTube.

JJ

I hate it when this happens in movie theaters and plays. People nowadays have no respect for the actors or other people. That's why I hate going to movies because someone has to either be talking on their phone or texting. I say kick them out of the theater. Treat it as if they were smoking.

doc murry

i talk on my phone whenever or whereever i choose too and if the people dont like it i give them a knuckle sandwhich,,if i pay for a ticket that means i can do as i want to,,these two gay guys are hacks anyways..who would pay a penny to go see these to losers,,if i am paying good money to see a play i want to see some boobs or butts of good looking girls ..not some gay guys

Djaina

Stellar!!! These two actors are truly a cut above all others! I LOVED how they handled that jerk and NEVER ONCE breaking character!!!
*Applause*

Rip M 2 Shreds

k.m

People who bring phones in the theatre and leave them on are complete morons. They should be kicked out. it ruins the entire show. classless

lovejackman

I went to Hugh Jackman's The Boy from Oz back in 2004 and he did the same thing to two women who came in late. He stopped the show, stayed in character, and was extremely funny.

I was in the 3rd row when intermission started and was one of the last ones back from the restroom. I couldn't get to my seat since the show started up again and didn't want to interrupt by shuffling past people, so I stood against the wall until the scene ended. Hugh was on the left side of the stage playing the piano and kept looking over at me..I thought he was going to stop the show again. However, there were 2 girls in the 5th row with binoculars and he stopped and asked them why they needed them in the 5th row..then proceeded to strip on stage...AWESOME :)

Long story short, I met him afterwards, in which his first words to me were, "Did you find your seat alright, sweetheart?" Ahhh

balls

balls

Just Saying

29. To Mr Big, if you were sitting infront of me during a movie and your phone went off, then you'd be wearing my Diet Coke. Got it turd boy?
Posted at 9:46AM on Sep 28th 2009 by Pistol Packin' Pete

To Pistol Packin' Pete: Laughing my Ass off! That was Hilarious!

Antoinette

Sometimes you can forget, especially if they don't have a message at the beginning to remind you to turn it off. But this went on forever. And I'm sure that this play must have had a message at the beginning. I bought a ticket for this show and I've gotten an email telling me that I better get there on time or else. *shakes fist*

but, I agree with many others who can't actually hear what they're saying. If Craig said something funny I couldn't make it out.

GUNSMITH

JACKMAN AND CRAIG..TOO NICE GUYS..NICER THAN MOST.COULD HAVE BEENN A KANYE BUT THESE GUYS ARE BETTER THAN HIM..CONSIDERATE TO A CERTAIN DEGREE EVEN TO INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE.

doc murry

diet coke,,sure fat boy..then you would need a straw to keep drinking your diet coke because your jaw would be wired shut after i give u a smackdown..who keeps stealing my name dammit..

doc murry

this was all set up before the show..you dumb people believe anything you read..its in the new york post ..they paid 2 people 200.00 each to ring the cell phone so they could come across as funny..its fake i tell you..what sayeth you?????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments