The Quaids --

Their $10,000 Excuse

9/30/2009 8:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy and Evi Quaid's lawyer just told the Santa Barbara County D.A. they will be front and center in court on October 19 for their arraignment on three felony counts. Their defense ... it was all just a giant misunderstanding.

the Quiads
The D.A.'s office tells us the Quaids' lawyer said the couple -- who have been accused of skipping out on a $10,000 bill at the San Ysidro Ranch -- didn't think they had to pay the bill before they left ... they thought they could pay at a later date.

The lawyer tells us the bill got lost in the mail because they moved -- and the couple has now paid the bill in full.

The D.A. is not ready to drop the charges and will be all ears on Oct 19.

Stay tuned.

Vortex Puddle

Gee, I wonder if I could run up a $10,000 hotel bill and just walk out without paying.. I guess the "little people" like me are expected to actually pay our bills when we check-out, and prople like the Quaids' can just let it slide until later.. What a crock..

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What was the place thinking when they rented it to UNCLE EDDIE???
Really.

Mark

Oh Please... They could not come up with a better excuse then that !
That story is so,so lame...
These 2 tried to scam this place, and got busted ..Be real admit you screwed up and pay these people there monies.

I see silver braclets in there futures...Pay to play..

justsaying

This just goes to show that a lesbian should never ever marry. Two men in a relationship just dosen't work.

L

Who in their right mind -operative words- thinks it's OK to leave a hotel without paying? "pay at a later date"?! What?

Joe Bescophilis

Oh, but they are celebrities, even on the low end. They should be allowed to do whatever they want to, like O.J., Phil Spector, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, Robert Blake and Mel 'Cartman' Gibson.

Can't we all just get along?

Stop and smell the roses.

Put a little love in your heart.

Remember Fessendon!

War is not my voice.

I am not fat, My Mommy says I'm big boned!

Uh, I can't think of anything else stupid to say...

mia

LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!

FYI ... HER HAIR IS SHORT BECAUSE SHE HAS LICE!

msroncon

TMZ didn't you show us a check the Quaids wrote for $10,000.00? Why now are we being told they wrote one for 5,000.00 then another for 5,000.00?

frombelair

shame on you, you and jennifer lopez, and who else out there in hollywood doesn`t pay? who the hell do you think you are?

Jaded

My company pays for my hotel rooms when I travel and even though the rooms are fully paid I still have to put down my credit card. As does everyone else that we travel including the celebrities that we hire.
So, my question is how did they get checked into their room and charge all of that stuff on their room without having some sort of card down as a deposit.

Mary Mosholder

Oh, well, that's a good excuse. Lots of hotels will let you settle the bill weeks after you've checked out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3