Judge Checks in on Michael Jackson's Kids

10/2/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A hearing is underway in Michael Jackson's probate case -- the judge wants to know how the three kids are doing. And some family members may try and boot John Branca as executor under the will.

Joe Jackson: Click to watch
UPDATE 5:27 PM ET -- All done.

UPDATE 5:25 PM ET -- Billie Jean Jackson objects!!!! To what, we don't know.

UPDATE 5:17 PM ET -- Howard Weitzman, who reps Branca and McClain, asked the judge to extend the co-Special Administrators powers through the end of the year. The judge saw it Weitzman's way, and gave the pair basically the same power as executors of the estate would have, with one string attached -- they have to loop in Katherine Jackson and the Guardian Ad Litem for the kids for any deals they negotiate.

UPDATE 5:05 PM ET -- Katherine Jackson's attorney, Burt Levitch, just told the judge the family would rather see a member of the family be the administrator of Jackson's estate.

UPDATE 4:44 PM ET
-- A motion to seal several business agreements was granted.

UPDATE 4:41 PM ET -- The judge has received a report from the court investigator that says kids are doing well. The judge called it "an excellent report."

UPDATE 4:37 PM ET -- The judge has taken the bench.

UPDATE 4:31 PM ET -- But fear not ... Billie Jean Jackson is in the house!!!

UPDATE 4:28 PM ET -- We originally thought Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother and the guardian of his three kids, would be at the hearing -- but now we've learned she will not be. We're told she was all set to come, but then backed out when she heard Joe Jackson would be there.

Evia

To An Angel From An Angel

I had a heart and it was true,
but now it's gone from me to you.
Take of of it as I have done, for
now you have two and I have none.

If I should die before you do, I'll
go to heaven and wait for you.
If your not there on Judgement Day,
I'll know you went the other way.

I'll give the angels back their wings,
their golden harps and all those things.
Just to prove my love is true,
I'll go to hell to be with you.

Rest in Peace we know the media is just wanting to start something. If you really are alive then good for you. Look me up I would love to just visit. I grew up in a small town too. Vincennes, Indiana. I know the houses back then were all just one big room easier to heat. Having kids share your bed does not make
you a molester. Just a richier person cause you can do so. My daughter had a friend stay over and they slept in the bed does that mean she is gay? Absolutly not!!

Ashleigh

they are ok tmz i love Michael Jackson

Elissa

Still so sad. Gone too soon.

schoolmarm

Dear TMZ staff:
It's spelled "faring" not "fairing." Please hire people who know how to spell and write. It's so annoying to see repeated mistakes on your site.

WillOTheWisp

They are doing fine! Leave them right where they're at! Michael is proud of their progress!

Some Faustkateer

BOTH Joe and Katherine are nasty, nasty people as far as I'm concerned. I, too, will never forget that Katherine never made a move to stop the beating of her child--only said, "Don't kill him." What gene pool did these misfits come from?????

Bubbletrupms

I want to make a stew with your panties!

John

Michael we love you and miss you.

R.I.P. and we keep Living Your Dream !

I really love this MJ Tribute song “ Living Your Dream “, don’t know most of these international singers, but the song is just G-R-E-A-T !

MJ's PYT

Thats right make sure MJ3 are well taken care of. That
Jermaine kids are not getting their fair share without
daddy bringing his to the table.
i'm afraid Katherine going to need somebody to check in on
her regularily. She's got to much Joe influence if you ask me.
JUSTICE FOR MJ...Where is Murray ? TMZ you know we will continue to ask.

tina

Michael is the man! For those who haven't seen it, there is a blog about Michael and the unreleased Dangerous track 'Work That Body' from the writer/producer of this track, Bryan Loren. He's the guy that also wrote and produced a lot of the other unreleasd tracks that are floating around, including 'She Got It. He also wrote and produced 'Do The Bartman'. It's cool. There is also an unreleased track by Janet from Rhythm Nation called 'Work'. Check it out: http://www.myspace.com/bloren2

Those 3 kids need to go out into the world---the REAL world---and find their own way so they can grow up normal. All that $/family will do is corrupt them like Michael. $80k+/month?!! Seriuosly!! That much a year is more than enough!!! And 'home schooling'? They need friends outside that family too.

mimi

oh god billie jean jackson

Em

Excuse me? Katherine is the guardian and she's not there because Joe is there? What the heck? I don't blame her for avoiding him - but he has no business lurking around the courthouse for Michael Jackson's matters.

And as for Billie Jean Jackson ... take a hike girl, give it up.

Barb

Billie jean jackson is back in the court room. Wonder why.

lolo

We have something to tell you!