Judge Checks in on Michael Jackson's Kids

10/2/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A hearing is underway in Michael Jackson's probate case -- the judge wants to know how the three kids are doing. And some family members may try and boot John Branca as executor under the will.

Joe Jackson: Click to watch
UPDATE 5:27 PM ET -- All done.

UPDATE 5:25 PM ET -- Billie Jean Jackson objects!!!! To what, we don't know.

UPDATE 5:17 PM ET -- Howard Weitzman, who reps Branca and McClain, asked the judge to extend the co-Special Administrators powers through the end of the year. The judge saw it Weitzman's way, and gave the pair basically the same power as executors of the estate would have, with one string attached -- they have to loop in Katherine Jackson and the Guardian Ad Litem for the kids for any deals they negotiate.

UPDATE 5:05 PM ET -- Katherine Jackson's attorney, Burt Levitch, just told the judge the family would rather see a member of the family be the administrator of Jackson's estate.

UPDATE 4:44 PM ET
-- A motion to seal several business agreements was granted.

UPDATE 4:41 PM ET -- The judge has received a report from the court investigator that says kids are doing well. The judge called it "an excellent report."

UPDATE 4:37 PM ET -- The judge has taken the bench.

UPDATE 4:31 PM ET -- But fear not ... Billie Jean Jackson is in the house!!!

UPDATE 4:28 PM ET -- We originally thought Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother and the guardian of his three kids, would be at the hearing -- but now we've learned she will not be. We're told she was all set to come, but then backed out when she heard Joe Jackson would be there.

Duh

28. PEOPLE JOE AND KATHERINE ARE TOGETHER. THEY ARE LEGALLY SEPERATED AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS. JOE LIVES IN LAS VEGAS KATHERINE LIVES IN CALIFORNIA.

Posted at 5:04PM on Oct 2nd 2009 by MillerDorothy2

I will be the first to admit I don't know this for a certainty because I am not a JW, but I read somewhere that Katherine will not divorce Joe because if she does she will be kicked out of JWs. With the money she has, though, I think not - what cult is going to kick out one of its wealthiest members? (My apologies to any JWs here but yes I think it is a cult)

Helen

I feel like I am in the court, TMZ MUCHAS GRACIAS, YOU ROCK

TMZ explain why you wrote Katherine didn't show because of Joe
THEY ARE TOGETHER, YOUR INTEL IS WRONG ON THAT ONE

Duh

"A motion to seal several business agreements was granted"
Can someone explain? Does it mean Katherine will NOT have %100 transparency?

Posted at 5:01PM on Oct 2nd 2009 by Helen

I would love to hear what these business arrangements are and who they will benefit. I would hope that any business venture involving Michael's likeness, voice, or a caricature of him, etc, would have to benefit the estate and not just Joe - er - I mean the rest of the Jacksons.

hoocheekoo

Joe Jackson is an ass every day of his life.

Jill

ChiefStrongTaint...sounds yummy.

Get MJ's kids out into the world so they can make friends outside that family!!! They need some normalcy in their lives---something MJ yearned for!! That family is fkd up---no offense to Katherine, bless her---but she is 79. 'Home schooling' and 'cousins' is not enough. And all that $/month---for them???!!! I make that in a year and support myself and 2 kids!

That's all that family cared/cares about---MJ's $$$$$$$!!!

Stop Milking his name

PLEASE ---PLEASE-----PLEASE

DO NOT PUT ANY JACKSON as co-executor. MICHAEL DID NOT WANT TO HAVE ANY FAMILY MEDDLING IN HIS BUSINESS.

FOR THE KIDS' SAKE...PLEASE DO NOT PUT A JACKSON ON BOARD.

RESPECT MJ'S WILL.

A.B.

"Katherine Jackson's attorney, Burt Levitch, just told the judge the family would rather see a member of the family be the administrator of Jackson's estate."

Who? And how? Is any member of the family able to administrate a billion dollar estate - and one as complicated as Michael Jackson's at that?

MJ's PYT

OK. Here they go.They want a member of the family to be on
the board.KJ pushing it. oh no thats right THE FAMILY. The
family isnt in the WILL. Lay low catfish face JOE.

I guess Jermaine or Randy are waiting in the wings to get their hands in the pot!!! LOSERS!

Duh

OMG - I just read the update. First, what happened to Katherine's attorney McMillions? I haven't seen the name Levitch before; anyone? And they are saying they would rather a member of the family be administrator of the estate?????!!!! It's just like we thought, they're F'g CROOKS! If the judge allows that they will bleed the estate dry. And notice that Katherine is not there - does this mean that JOE is the one filing the motion? COME ON TMZ GIVE US MORE DETAILS!

Roy

What a greedy family. They're gonna bump the trust lawyer sot hey can ahve every last dime for themselves, and not for Jackson's kids. The greed sickens me.

Helen

Judge denied Katherine Jackson’s request to obtain more information about her late son’s estate

Katherine is being kept in dark by Branca, that's NOT fair
If my son died, I am taking care of his children, I would feel its my duty to protect the estate. I mean she doesn't even know how much the estate is worth, she is not being informed about the financial decisions. SURE BRANCA IS MAKING MONEY BUT HOW MUCH IS HE MAKING, WHERE IS THIS MONEY GOING? KATHERINE HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW THIS FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILDREN. If Branca decides to sell ATV, who's to stop him?

I highly doubt that will be the outcome but I wish they'd kick Branca and assign Katherine and if SHE wants to hire Branca to look over the estate then let it be, granted that HE REPORTS TO HER.

Duh

I am going to take a break before I have an aneurysm.