Ex-Fiance of 'Housewife'

Dies After Club Brawl

10/3/2009 7:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-fiance of Kandi Burruss -- who stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" -- died tonight after a brawl erupted at a club in Atlanta.

Cops say A.J. Jewell suffered severe head injuries during the fight at Body Tap and was rushed to Piedmont Hospital, where he later died ... this according to myfoxatlanta.com.

Cops currently have no suspects in custody.

UPDATE -- Atlanta police spokesman James Polite says Frederick Richardson has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter in the death of Ashley "A.J." Jewell. Richardson was hospitalized after the alleged fight and will be taken into custody once he is released.

More Today in TMZ History

deb

Oh, poor Kandi. First the accident with the kids and then the break up and now her ex is dead. How horrible. Life is short isn't it?

Turnelbup

I feel horrible for Kandi and AJ's family. And I can't believe the hate that's being posted here. It makes me feel ashamed to be white.

Minnie

Its a sad day here in atlanta. What is the world coming to? I am familiar with the club where this occurred and its sadly, this type of activity happens far to often.

Ree Ree

It is very hard to accept the lost of any love one. I'm sure Kandi needs all the support of her friends, fans, and family. I think maybe her mom called this one right a mother wants nothing but the best for their daughters and I feel her mom saw or felt something in Kandi and AJ's relationship that no one else could see. The responsibility alone was very challenging for anyone. I do believe that God works in mysterious ways and this us truly a tragedy once again for his family. Kandi just remember that God is there for you. You are an amazing woman with a talen and many gifts. I will keep you and AJ's family in my prayers.

meow

KANDI AND AJ HAD BROKEN UP. THEY WERE NO LONGER TOGETHER
SHE TOOK HIS 2 GIRLS TO RAISE THEM WHILE HE MADE MORE KIDS WITH SEVERAL
OTHER WOMEN
THE MOM KNEW HIS BACKGROUND, AND DID NOT LIKE HIM AT ALL
ESPECIALLY THE FACT THAT HE HAD SO MANY BABY MAMAS.
KANDI CLAIMED HE WORKED FOR THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
SHE LIED, HE WORKED AT A STRIP CLUB. SHE WAS TOO EMBARRASSED TO TELL THE TRUTH?
NOW, THE KIDS SHE TOOK CARE OF FOR HIM AND HIS BABY MAMA, WILL THEY BE
RETURNED TO THE BABY MAMA? THAT IS THE QUESTION HER OWN DAUGHTER STATED ON THE SHOW THAT SHE DID NOT LIKE THESE KIDS
HE ONLY USED KANDI FOR HER MONEY.

MsCommonSense

This was the worst crew of Real Housewives in the series history. I'm not surprised because these people were constantly violent!

GHETTO!

bronzebabe

Something was edgy about AJ from the git. That's why her mother didn't like him.

sugar shack

kandi, is the only housewife with class. all the rest are dirty dirty trash. HATE NENE!!!!!!!

SHASHA

OMG...U KNOW SOME PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO HAVE CONSIDERATION FOR THE FAMILIES INVOLVED...REGARDLESS IF U CARE FOR THE GUY OR NOT, HE'S STILL GONE AND IM SURE ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE HURTING....RIP AJ....KANDI HOLD ON AND STAY STRONG!

chrissy

He has children and was getting married and yet is at a club fighting? It does not say who started the fight but still if these two had not been acting like some idiot teen thugs none would have been hurt and the kids would still have a father.

Lyrik

OMG, NO MAN REALLY DOES KNOW THE DAY OR THE HOUR OF OUR DEPARTURE. I WOULD PRAY THAT THE MEDIA RESPECTS THE SITUATION AND GIVES THE FAMILY TIME TO GRIEVE. MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY AND ALL OF AJ'S CLOSE FRIENDS. GOD KNEW THIS DAY WHEN HE CREATED THE EARTH, SO THIS WAS ALL PART OF HIS DIVINE DESIGN..LEAN NOT TO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, IM SURE HE'S MUCH HAPPIER NOW.

precious

MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO BOTH FAMILIES! ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN! AND KANDI BE STRONG (OF WHICH WE KNOW YOUR A STRONG WOMAN) AND #5 HE WAS STILL A HUMAN BEING,FATHER FRIEND,SON,ETC.,! STAY OFF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY!!!! R.I.P. GOD BLESS

nancy

God Speed to Kandi and all her family. You are in my prayers.

Felicia

MsCommonsense: Face it your a racist. Of course you would say that about "These People" your white trash and fluck you. I am from the OC and those women make us look shallow and dum. So go fluck yourself.

MsCommonsense is gonna be a mommy

@ MsCommonsense

When is your baby due?? I'm sure you and your cousin are looking forward to the new arrival. Becoming parents will be so exciting. The three of you together in your doublewide. How romantic!!!