Letterman's Former Hookup Banned from CBS Set

10/7/2009 5:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Stephanie Birkitt -- the woman at the center of the David Letterman sex scandal -- has been banned from setting foot on the CBS set where the "Late Show" is filmed.

Birkitt used to be David's assistant -- appearing on the "Late Show" numerous times -- and later became his personal attorney. It was Birkitt's ex-boyfriend -- Robert Halderman -- who discovered Letterman's secret relationship with her ... and then allegedly threatened to release the scandalous information unless Letterman forked over $2 million.

Sources tell TMZ that security at CBS is well aware of Birkitt's ban from the set.

Worldwide Pants just issued the following statement: "Stephanie is on paid leave of absence ... she has not been banned from the Ed Sullivan Theatre."

But TMZ just spoke with someone associated with security at Letterman who just told us, "Security got a verbal order that she is 'banned' from the property for the time being."

Nix

Why would this Stephanie even want to be anywhere near David Letterman as now she surely must know she was just one of many flings. That skit he made her do, well she did as was probably getting extra percs, being his squeeze at the time, she has to put up with a man simulating sex from behind her on tv. in guise of heimlic manoeuver. David Letterman's is seen laughing at it. So sick and perverted. Enough already with this.

concerned

I think Stephanie was banned from the studio because Dave's wife doesn't want her around him. I read that Dave paid for Stephanie's law school tuition. He offered her a job as his personal attorney. If she's still working for him, I wouldn't be surprised if she and Dave are still having their affair.

REGINA

BAN DAVID LETTERMAN FOR GODS SAKES!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS FREAKIN PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT THE WRONG!!!! HE IS A PREDATOR...IF THIS WAS ANY OF US, IT BE SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AT THE WORK PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

rollee

Interesting. Her name actually STILL appears at the end of the show though in the credits. She is still listed as one of three Personal Assistants to David Letterman. I have wondered why nobody else caught this?

dottie

I love Dave!
Seems if Steph didn't want anyone to know about their relationship.
She would not have written anything anywhere.
As for the other suppose to be women he had sex with.
Why haven't they opened up about this before.
I think its a bunch of nothing or people just trying to get attention.
Also seems this was consentual. So just why not drop it.
Also Terry O'Neil who was on TV today.
Leave this stuff alone and get on with other things.

Real Truth

TO 12. who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ
NEWS
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted at 5:06PM on Oct 7th 2009 by billiejeanRIP

Billiejean

Here is Some News for You..
MJ IS DEAD AND YOUR A FRIGGIN IDIOT!!!!!!!!
GET OVER IT

Larry

Top ten reasons David Letterman is a hypocrite. That's the one I want to see on his show.

shar

Why is she being banned when he, Dave Letterman, is the one that shouldn't be allowed back. He is getting more viewers by embarassing his wife and son on t.v. CBS you should show some backbone and get rid of him, the creepy old man. I will no longer watch CBS and I plan to ask my family and friends to do the same. Hopefully CBS will wake up and prove to their viewers that they truly do not find that kind of behavior acceptable. I'll cross my fingers but I won't hold my breathe.

Real Truth

Dave did the right Thing by Telling the World He had Sex with
a Pretty Young woman...

Hell , Neither of them were Married at the Time..

I say Go Dave... No Problem.. i would have sex with Her too...
She is Hot...

Babyfacemagee

Two of my friends at NYU's Tisch School interned for Letterman back in the 90s'. One of them told me she and some of the others called Dave 'Mr. Hands' because he had this creepy perveted way of 'touching' the women 'accidentally' a little 'too' much. It was obvious the guy was a closet perv. The fact he had a 'suite' upstairs in the theater they tape the show in and that only the women staff members were welcome there shows how far his philandering went. That is one toxic workplace to work in when the boss is boffing some of your co-workers. Does anyone really think Stephanie Birkitt would have gotten all those 'on air' appearances if she wasn't sleeping with Dave? How did the other employees feel while this was going on and they were being overlooked. To say that Dave did not give preferential treatment to the women that slept with him...you'd have to have your head up your butt. Of COURSE he did. I smell a massive lawsuit coming...and frankly...it's about time.

Pip

This is what happens when the let the little head with two brains does the thinking. You know they are both nuts!

Saultxyca

Do you think Dave's nice mom will continue making appearances as his wholesome, pie-making foil?

shar

All of the female employee's that were compelled to have relations (sexual)with creepy old Dave should be seeking an attorney and file sexual harassment charges against him and CBS. Last I heard a persons place of employment must provide a safe and harassment free environment

Mike

Why all the hate on Dave? It takes two to tango as they say. When you are a workaholic, on tv every night and dont like the public eye in the first place there arent many places to go to meet girls. CBS would never punish Dave for the act. Do they punish actors for hooking up on a movie set? Dave is important, this bimbo isnt. You dont think she flirted her ass off every day? If you were not aware, girls like funny, charming guys regardless of their age.

Saultxyca

Say, I guess Sir Paul McCartney was serenading the masses right in front of Dave's lair, up there at the marquee at the Ed Sullivan Theater. ... Hey Dave, this is what Inès de la Fressange meant when she mentioned those "moral turpitudes" her contract prohibited -- that you pretended not to get.