Ben & Matt -- Not Like Family, They ARE Family

10/9/2009 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We all thought it, but it's actually true -- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are related. How do you like them apples?

Ben Affleck, Matt Damon

The New England Historic Genealogical Society concluded the Oscar-winning man-friends are actually 10th cousins ... once removed, the Boston Herald reports. They share a common 10th great-grandfather, William Knowlton of Ipswich, a bricklayer who died in 1655.

It also turns out Ben is an 11th cousin to Barack Obama and Matt is related to "six or seven" presidents.

What a family gathering that would make.

atabaw

Ooooooooo - Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

s0o

Bigger question...Who cares?

whats up Doctors

Small world, getting smaller everyday. Some professors say we are all related, And that National Geographic report that took 350,000 peoples DNA,from around the world, show that we are all connected....Think about it

London not England

YEAAAAAH, but I bet they could still hail and get a Taxi cab faster in Boston than President Obama could....

whocares

To #2 poster.... it is also said we share DNA with a mouse...so what does it matter.... I couldn't careless who is related to who 10 times out....

xcrunk

Hah? Wut? You guys make no sense.

This is wicked retahhhhded!

bitzod

DNA is science...this An`t science it`s made up BS sells.NO one other than the seller can prove that it is true.I`ll sell TMZ soem swamp ground in vegas for a dollar.You are thier=your storys are also BS...PS don`t quit your pugjob OR you`ll all be on the streets buying make up meth from rat spit

Dean

yeah and they were also Lovers when they were teen !

Just sayin'

That explains why they are both terrible actors.

EJones

Typical inbred New Englanders.

bitzod

Thats pure BS no KINGs OR QUEENS in thier relations means LOW LIFEs No BLUE BLOOD`s no apples no slongs from washinton.6-7 and one half setup baitin hare say.Get all the DNA from all those people get all the biometrical data over lay 3d softwear and prove it...never happen.DNA and biometricas can only prove back 3-4 generations and NO photos or BONES or biomath and NO DNA means it`s pure horse putty.I can FN prove WHO I`am by the DNA and biomaticals=BIOMETICS I see why hwyway harvey gave up the court rm.I could and did better work in the court rm than any hired PUGGY~SS fake owned puppet corpt legal begger.

bitzod

I`am related to CRUSTY THE CLOWN and in fact I wrote the bit and it is still based on me...SON of Howard Hughes...Howard Robard Hughes IIV.HA HA SAYs Crotchy the clown of clown car home fame soon to be crush-BEE dah clwn in clown car home FOX river

oL0