Jon Gosselin's Lawyer -- S.O.L.

10/9/2009 6:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jon Gosselin's lawyer may be aced out of the Jon and Kate case because the person who vouched for him in Pennsylvania has withdrawn his support.

We've learned Pennsylvania lawyer Michael Marino sponsored Mark Heller -- Jon's lawyer -- to practice one time only in Pennsylvania court. Heller is licensed to practice in New York, though he had been suspended for 5 years for a variety of misdeeds.

Under Penn law, an out of state lawyer seeking to practice in a Pennsylvania court must obtain a sponsor who is licensed to practice in the state. Marino signed up as his sponsor, but yesterday, he wrote the court a letter in which he said, "My motion ... is hereby withdrawn."

It's interesting Marino sent the letter after revelations of Heller's legal misdeeds in NY.

Missy from La.

Poor Jon Boy No wife, no kids, no family, no money, all he has is a bad attorney, and sleazy girl friends. Can't wait till he has to get a job and have to pay child support for 8 kids. He will not have any money left for his girlfriends. Also does he think he will ever keep a girl or wife that is going to take care of his eight kids when it is his turn to have them. He is going to be partying and they are going to be babysitting. Wake up Jon Boy.

Midnight

Everybody sing, "Bye Bye, Gossling..."

LOL

PS For those of you who don't remember that was an old song! lol

SUE

On The ET on line site i saw Jon pick up Mady and Cara at the bus stop. It was just horrible. They walked over to him with their heads down, surrounded by photographers, not smiling, just looking down, and got in the car. They looked absolutely miserable, but not scared or crying, just so sad. It was their birthday and they should have been jumping up and down and happy to see Jon, but instead that ass clown had photographers all around them. I think i just assumed that they are probably sheltered and oblivious to the trainwreck, but seeing those two kids look so sad made my blood run cold.

nikki

Stupid Bish! Tool needs to sell the cars and and stop the crack smoking!

Jilly

I wish somebody in the media would point out how interesting it is that Jon is suddenly trying to pull his kids off TV, telling Entertainment Tonight that it's because he's had some awakening and wants to do what is best for the family, and telling Nancy Grace it's all about "family values," but he hires the sleaziest dirtbag lawyer he can find, who isn't even licensed in his state... obviously because he knows there are no lows that this guy won't stoop to...

I'm one of those who wish this story would go away, not because I've had my fill of the family, but because this man infuriates me so much it raises my blood pressure to dangerous levels!! I have no dog in the hunt here, but this somehow feels painfully personal to me...

c300e517

I hate both of them but Jon is more stupid than anything by putting his hopes and dreams and money sucked from his kids behind a lawyer not allowed to practice law in Pennsylvania. That's the ultimate in stupidity.

April

i hope jon gets what he deserves!!!!

Maggie

I think Mr. Marino's withdrawal has a lot less to do with the need to supervise someone whose admission pro hac vice an attorney sponsors. Under the same rule that imposes that requirement, it also requires that, "The sponsor shall submit a verified statement (i) stating that after reasonable investigation, he or she reasonably believes the candidate to be a reputable and competent attorney and is in a position to recommend the candidate’s admission. . . " 231 Pa.Code Section 1012.1(d)(2)(i) (PA Rules of Civil Procedure.

It sounds like Mr. Marino did not do a reasonable investigation before originally sponsoring Mr. Heller. However, once he learned of the 5 year suspension in New York and what it was for (a five year suspension is a very big deal, just short of outright disbarment), he probably broke speed records in submitting the withdrawal. If he hadn't withdrawn his motion and Heller had pulled a similar stunt in the Gosselin case as he did in NY, Mr. Marino's license to practice law would have been at major risk. Nothing is impossible, but, as an attorney, I'd be very surprised if Mr. Heller can find another sponsor, given the risks to the sponsor, and, even if he did, I doubt that the court would grant the motion for admission pro hac vice.

Jan

This may help Jon as if this attorney is the one telling him to pull the plug on the TLC show,say he despises Kate on TV, hang out with Michael Lohan,take Hailey to France, admit to Nancy Grace he started dating Hailey in April BEFORE they announced the separation,rent the Manhattan apt, buy new luxury cars, and BUY A 9 YEAR OLD CHILD A DANGEROUS ATV JUST TO UPSET KATE AS JON SAID ON ET THAT HE SENT IT TO HIS RELATIVES HOUSE INSTEAD OF HOME BECAUSE HE THOUGHT KATE WOULD RETURN IT. Statistics prove and show children get hurt or KILLED on ATV's. This man is NOT a responsible father. Jon is the one that was going to put the crooked houses for 5 year olds in the WOODS not in the yard where they could be seen by adults. Jon has no parental skills. The court needs to send him to parenting classes.

John

It seems like Jon was better off with Kate, and Kate is better off
without Jon. But for what ever reason, they both think the exact
opposite of this, or they did about a month ago.

Mare

yup...Once a rat, always a rat!!!

davesmomster

Wendy

What convenient timing! Why am I not surprised, what a "break" for Jon's lawyer wouldn't ya say especially in light of what has been revealed about him!

Maggie

To Dave's Mom (no. 75): You say, "Hey has anyone observed that these kids are being used? Jon has a point that these children are being hurt by being reality kids.. He is right to stop this. I think he is protecting the kids."

Have you watched the Entertainment Tonight video of Jon picking Mady and Cara up at the bus stop on their birthday? I heard so much about it that I finally decided to see for myself and not take anyone's word for how bad it was. For starters, in addition to the freelance paparazzi, there was an ET crew there filming. Once the girls got in the back seat, and he was loading their things into the front passenger seat, he didn't even try to block the ET crew from filming the girls in the car. Cara looked anxious, frightened, and cornered. Mady managed to stay out of the shot. I'm not sure in what alternate universe you live in where that qualifies as protecting those two girls from being reality kids.

Lippy Loo

OKAY!! Enough reporting on this worthless,zitty,animal hating, douchebag! I am still trying to wrap my head around why these two neglectful parents are even worth mentioning? They need counseling STAT! And, we need to get rid of REALITY SHOWS! Everyone wants to be famous, Jon the greasy zithead included!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments