GLAAD: Mickey Rourke Is 'Painfully Ignorant'

10/9/2009 4:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mickey RourkeThe president of The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) just personally issued the following statement, condemning Mickey Rourke for defending the use of the homophobic f-word:

"This is a slur that, regardless of what Mickey Rourke has convinced himself that it means, is often the last word that gay people, and gay youth in particular, hear before they're bullied, harassed or assaulted.

Rourke is showing himself to be painfully ignorant of how this vulgar, abusive slur feeds a climate of anti-gay hatred, intolerance and violence.

Rourke either needs to figure this out, or media needs to stop giving him a platform for promoting these kinds of slurs.
"

-Jarrett Barrios -

xcrunk

I thought GLAAD made trash bags. WTF?

xcrunk

Scott should know, that's where he works. Dingbat. Zing!

JRock4

I think that Mickey Rourke don't even know what fa**** means. He has just started to get back on top and then he has to go and mess it up AGAIN! What a dumb ass!!

Phishsteak

Ummmm.....ok.....more on Brawley Nolte please!

A. Minnitman

See: If you disagree with GLAAD you're ignorant!! There's no room for free thought anymore,..just Gay Fascism.

whats up Doctors

Hey Mickey, Do you think this gonna hurt your carrier? Didn't think so lmao.

whats up Doctors

I couldn't handle the pressure, Having Glaad people Mad at me.(not) Sounds like their problem not yours,,What next LMAO

Wanda W.

............. And Rourke is creepy to look at,Eeewwww!!!!!!!!!!

WhoCares

It's OK for some nutsucker to tell the CA Governor to "kiss his fa**ot a**..." Bot normal folks cant call a spade a spade.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Mickey Rourke is a crappy actor, made worse by his tiff fugly face. It wouldn't be long before he offends everyone in Hollywood again and be a pariah again.

stan

do you really we need glad to tell us that Mickey Rourke is ignorant. I don't!

ordinary citizen that is held accountable for his actions

When I told my gay and lesbian friends that I was pregnant with my first child, many of them responded by calling me a f****** "breeder." GLAAD needs to look at its own community, fix their issues, THEN ask for respect.

A. Minnitman

Calm down 'ladies' you're gonna break your magic wands or something. Relax, light some candles, set the mood and then all you fairy's can start snarling each other's goods. Sickening.

judi

the guy was drunk...geezzz ok i agree the word maybe hurt full to most people. But come on again it's a word.

noneofyourbusiness

You know what, who cares. Last time I checked, this is America and we have a little thing called "Freedom of Speech." You know what-if I got my panties in a bunch everytime someone pissed me off by saying something that was offensive-I would have had a heart attack by now.

For example, I'm sick of people saying that if you don't like President Obama that you are a racist. You know what-that is completely untrue and that pisses me off. I think he sucks, but it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. I thought Bush sucked too, but I'm white, so does that make me racist against myself? So, am I to assume that all black people that did not like Bush are racist against white people? Hell no! It's completely ignorant to think that way.

GLAAD needs to accept the fact that not everyone cares for their lifestyle and they will just have to get over themselves. When you come across as pushy and whiney-baby, it's a real turn off.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments