Nic Cage -- Debt Man Walkin'

10/9/2009 2:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicolas Cage is the new six million dollar man -- as in, the government claims dude owes more then $6,000,000 in unpaid back taxes.

Click to read docs

A notice of a federal tax lien -- obtained by TMZ -- shows the "National Treasure" actor made a serious dent in the national debt -- allegedly stiffing the IRS out of $6,257,005 he owed in income tax from 2007.

But it gets worse, Uncle Sam also claims Cage is a repeat tax deadbeat -- because according to another federal tax lien, Cage still owes a ton of cash from three more years of unpaid debts:

2002 -- $70,190.05

2003 -- $179,738.23

2004 -- $110,617.56

Which brings Nic to a grand total of $6,617,550.84 -- almost enough for the government to buy a hammer.

Cage's rep had no immediate comment.

kassandra

What a lowlife.

samson

Wesley Snipes - prison sentence
Ronald Isley - prison sentence

Nicolas Cage - hmm, I have my doubts, but let's see if they do him the same way.

Raquel

Then I expect him to go to jail. Wesley Snipes is in jail or will go to jail due to taxes. Nic should be found guilty and go jail too. No difference.

cindy

HOW COME ALL OF HOLLYWOOD THINKS ITS JUST FINE FOR ALL US REGULAR FOLKS TO BE TAXED TO DEATH TO PAY FOR THE LAZY WHEN THEY, AND THE 'LEADER' WHO WRITES THE TAX CODES DON'T PAY TAXES AT ALL?!??!?! WAKE UP AMERICA!!!! WAKE UP!!! KNOCK THESE PEOPLE OFF THE PEDISTOLS ALREADY!!!

biggity

PEOPLE...WAKE UP...YOU SHOULD NEVER FOLLOW CELEBRITY POLITICAL ENDORSMENTS BECAUSE THIS IS HOW THEY REALLY LIVE. LETTING US WORK TO PAY FOR THE GOVERNMENT WHILE THEY ARE SLEAZY FREE LOADERS THAT THINK WE ARE ALL MINIONS TO SUPPORT THEIR ROYAL LIFE.
WAKE UP!!!!!!
NO WONDER CALIFORNIA IS SO BROKE, IT IS FULL OF FREE LOADERS.

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's probably 6M because of penalty and interest.

hotandcold

Has anyone else noticed that the serial # on the form Just MIGHT be a social security number??? It that were mine I'd be having kittens right now!!

HATINOBAMA

#5: (what?) my thoughts exactly!! another czar employee option LOL!!!

becky

So, what your saying is if everyone would pay what they owe in back taxes we could possible be back on our feet as a strong healthy country... I think we should look into all those politician back taxes too.

randi

I am so sick and tired of celebrities and government officials thinking they are above the law. I lost my husband to cancer two years ago, I also lost his income and I'm scraping every month to get by. But, I pay my taxes.
Michael Jackson didn't pay his bills and spent more money than he made and has creditors suing his estate. What is with these people?
They need to finally be held accountable. They think their crap doesn't stink.
Put them in jail if they can't pay their bills. If I owed the IRS money and didn't pay them, they would more than likely put a lien on my property, why do these idiots get away with this crap?

Sally

He is spending all of his money trying to keep his young wife and her family happy.

J.

I hope I'm not the only person who noticed that in the beginning sentence, it says "Nicolas Cage is the new six million dollar man -- as in, the government claims dude owes more THEN $6,000,000 in unpaid back taxes." Come on guys, I know you can do better THAN that.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Seriously! This is why California is broke! None of the 'super earning' stars ever pay their taxes!

Yuna

I work for a tax attorney and this doesn't mean the IRS is right with their calculations. I have seen many cases where the IRS is wrong.

whats up Doctors

Here we go again..It doesnt matter if your black or white,as long as you are an actor or entertainer, The judges always look the other way, I'm guessing they pay the Judges off. There has to be at least one Judge out there ,who will not turn his head and Prosecute the rich lawbreakers.We The People Will Not Stand For it.If the rich paid what they owed $100's of million dollars,The United States would be in a better place. It will only take one Judge to send the message and make an example out of a few of these thugs ,yes Nic Cage, To make others obey the law.Judges stop the crap and do your JOB

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments