Soulja Boy Arrested for Running from Cops

10/9/2009 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Soulja boyRap star Soulja Boy was arrested in Georgia Wednesday night after authorities say he ran from a police officer.

According to a police spokesperson, an officer got a call about juveniles hanging out at an abandoned house in the Henry County area.

Cops say when the officer rolled up to the home, he saw some women walking towards the yard and asked them to stop -- but when they didn't, he followed them into the yard.

The officer says when he walked inside, he saw roughly 40 people in the yard -- and when they saw the cop, half of the people immediately booked it out of the home, including 19-year-old Soulja Boy.

The people who stayed in the party claimed they were at the house for a "music video shoot."

The cop says Soulja eventually returned to the home to retrieve his Range Rover -- and that's when he was arrested for obstruction of justice ... a misdemeanor.

Celebrity Mug ShotsSoulja Boy, real name Deandre Cortez Way, was taken to jail and released.

Another man was arrested during the incident for forgery -- cops tell us the suspect had eight counterfeit $100 bills. Cops also say they recovered a 9mm handgun in one of the cars in the driveway of the house -- but they don't know who the gun belongs to.

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

#23, I don't have to come over there, I can smell you a mile away.

beth

Another wanna be gangsta POS rapper no good effing HOODLEM!!

White guys love lil kids lmfao

White guys love lil kids more than Santa...wait...he's "white" too. Wow is guess its true. Let's see more racist comments about black men from the PEDO-White guys.

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

#24. so all you white meth heads and druggies are no f--ing good either, right?

Jennifer

I bet Ice T wouldn't be hanging out in an abandoned house.

CrisDizzle

Let me guess Soulja Boy only phone call at the county jail was this:

SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, TRIPLE NINE, EIGHT, TWO, ONE, TWO

Baby you know that I miss you, I wanna get with you tonight
But I cannot baby girl and that's the issue
Girl you know I miss you, I just wanna kiss you
But I can't right now so baby kiss me thru the phone, I'll see you later on
Kiss me thru the phone, see you when I get lol =]

Janet

Soldier Boy hanging out with some skanks in a squat house and running from the po-leece. How becoming. Go Obama!

Nikki

While it was dumb to run. Given the mentally of far too(not all) police and their manner of beatings and then ask questions later if you are able to answer it is understandable that black youth especially would run. That being said this was a no brainer. If you are going to have a legit photo shoot why not let the neighborhood know what's going on. That would have averted this entire scenario of someone calling the police because you are not where you should have been. Be proactive and smarter in the future.

CrisDizzle

#31 Like how you spelled Ameri'kkk'a ... I guess that means you have a klan meeting tonight.

Kevin Lin

this was pointless to show in the news...

Mr.Starr

I JUST SAW HIM ON USTREAM LASTNIGHT

THERNBSTARZ.NET

nikki

I hope during his unfortunate incarceration someone "Superman's that ho"!!!

Bk

Guess Superman got caught. Now supersoak dat ho! YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!

Mz.TyTy

omg...i absolutely >luk @ it on YOUTUBE

Mz.TyTy

my S-O-U-L-J-A BABY needsz 2 get it 2getha...disz isz not a gud luk...he gon hafta apologize all ova agen 2 da parentsz all ova da world...C'MON HUNNY BUNNY DISZ DNT MAKE NO SENSE && WATSZ WRONG WIT UR HAIR?? MUGSHOT NOT 2 CUTE,,,BUT I STILL LUV U TOOTSIE ROLLSZ!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments