Michael Jackson -- Not Most Likely to Succeed

10/10/2009 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson might have been the "most creative" and "best dressed" ... but he wasn't the "most likely to succeed" -- at least according to his high school classmates.

An auction of MJ memorabilia took place yesterday in L.A., including his 1976 high school yearbook from Cal Prep in Encino, CA. In the yearbook, Michael was voted pretty much what everyone would have expected -- best dressed, most creative, shyest -- but NOT most likely to succeed.

That honor was reserved for one Scott Ashdown -- who's probably a perfectly nice person, but we've never heard of him.

Even though success is relative and money isn't everything -- can we get a recount for MJ?

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

janalal4

Just saw on CNN where MJ's sequined glove from 1984 tour was auctioned off on L.V. for $71,000. Hmmm...would have thought it would have gone for more?!

HATERS ARE DESPERATE!

THE EVIL PLOT OF THE “HATERS” IS TO MASK THEMSELVES AS "FANS," USING MULTIPLE ALIASES AND SPEAKING AMONG THEMSELVES, TO DIVIDE THE JACKSON FAMILY AND DESTROY MICHAEL IN THE PROCESS!! WE'RE ONTO THEM!!

THINGS MUST BE FAST BREWING NOW UNDER THE RADAR DUE TO THE RECENT SURGE OF ACTIVITY ON MJ BOARDS FROM THE PEOPLE IN THE SONY CATALOG "CAMP" TRYING TO DESTROY THE JACKSON FAMILY AND MICHAEL'S NAME!

Elle

Who the HECK has been more successful than Michael? With a face that is recognizable in any country around the world, I beg to differ.

MJFANFOREVER

No one can be more successful than Michael

malibumom

Michael did NOT attend that high school-He was tutored by Rose Fine. He was NEVER home long enough to attend HS. His older brothers, TITO/JERMAINE/JACKIE did for a while, but the girls wouldn't leave them alone-If I remember correctly it was Bev Hills High-I have a 36 year collection with pics published by no defunct magazines-Right on & Bop/Teen beat-Plus all Lp's

liz

Some of the Jackson brothers attended Fairfax High School in West Hollywood, but I don't know if Michael ever went there too.

liz

It wouldn't make any sense to vote someone most likely to succeed, when they have obviously already suceeded, Michael did get the other recognitions.

Teresa

so much for silly people, Michael Jackson fooled them all because he was most sucessful right up until he died (May he rest in peace!). He was and still is the King of Pop. He is still releasing albums and a movie. What can those people say for themselves that is better than Michael. I say nothing! He was and still is the most successful and always will be even after his death. Love you more Michael Jackson I am a big fan of his. I Listen to his music everyday all day watch his videos and pray for his soul every night! He was the best, not only entertainer but person also. No matter how nasty people talk about him I say they should start looking at themselves first before they are so quick to down a beautiful person like MJ.

marie pressley

I was one of michael jackson biggest fan i really did loved him. he really did touch my heart i'm going too misss him.

Pamela

The title of this story is in itself, ridiculous. MICHAEL JACKSON WAS ALREADY FAMOUS AND SUCCEEDING INCREDIBLY!!!!!!! SENSATIONALISM IS ALIVE AND WELL. HARVEY, YOU KNOW BETTER, yes, but it sells, RIGHT! Thank you comment #10 for recognizing these very simple facts. I was becoming afraid, very very afraid that I was the only one who thinks this way.

Cory Proctor

I just have to say, I work at a desk next to THE MR. Scott Ashdown and he has had a very successful life. Beautiful person with a great family and a certian charisma that leads me to think he TOTALLY deserves the honor.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8