Jon Fires Back at Kate -- You Took $$$ Too!

10/11/2009 12:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In football, if both teams commit a penalty on the same play, they just do the play over. Does the same thing apply when Jon and Kate Gosselin both allegedly violate a court order?

Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin

A few days after Kate claimed Jon raided their joint bank account (a legal no-no), Jon filed papers of his own claiming she did the same. According to the papers filed last week, Jon claims Kate withdrew over $60,000 from their joint account between July and September 2009.

He also claims she took out over $1 million from February 2008 to June 2009 that have not been properly accounted for.

Sources connected to Kate contend her withdrawals were legal and note that Jon withdrew $230,000 without the necessary permission required by the arbitrator. Both sides are due back in court on Tuesday.

CINDY

Word is that the court WILL appoint someone to represent the children. Hope they do. Would love to see a gag order put on both of them and both of the lawyers. Let this be private and not a public trial like Jon and his lawyer stated they wanted. For the sake of the children shut them all up and let the courts clean up this mess. AFTER it's over and the truth is out then tell us but not til then. Quit giving Jon a forum on every network to blast his wife and STOP PAYING JON for his crap.

Jayla

I am still floored that whenever a poll is taken, people seem to line up on Kate's side-

A-Mr. Levin, you are an attorney, you know that when the divorce settlement is finalized, each side will have its share of credits against the settlement, whatever they have spent-
B-Kate is the bread winner here, she might consider the fact that Jon could ask for alimony.
C-I believe Jon is correct about the $1 mil....Kate had an advance for her book, and she obviously tucked it away-
D-This society is becoming so grossly feminazi, it's absurd. And I'm a chick, so I can call out my own....Since when is it okay to tell a man that he gets relegated to house-husband when that was clearly not the agreement in their marriage? The day she decided to bear 8 children is the day she should have dedicated herself to motherhood. Jon himself said all he wanted was the pride of being the contributor to his family. And she told him no and made him irrelevant and worthless in their marriage. No wonder men often treat women so poorly, we fail too often to see how we hurt men to the core.

Karen

Let's all remember the show last year when they were getting ready for their vow renewals...Kate was in the basement and saying over and over again how they would be together forever...has anyone shown her that episode...maybe they should...she LIED time and time again to those children...SHAME ON YOU KATE!!

Kim

PLEASE SOMEBODY STOP THE MADNESS OF THESE TWO COMPLETELY SELF ABSORBED MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what's going to happen - Jon willw wind up as a contestant on Donald Trump's Apprentice and Kate will get a talk show - I miss the old days of All in the Family, M.A.S.H and The Jeffersons.......reality tv starts SUCK!!!

airstreamingypsy

Try to imagine how little I care about these two losers.

Me in DC

I feel that Kate is going to come out on top in this fight.

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

Kate is my idol. I spend my days and nights dreaming of being just like Kate one day. I think men are pigs. I can't tell you the countless hours of extreme ecstasy Kate has given me. I just toss my 3-year-old daughter in the playpen, tune her out, turn Kate on and TURN IT UP! I've seen *every* episode of Jon and Kate *at least* 3 times and I tried to convince my hubby to do a wedding vows renewal using their incredibly moving Hawaiian wedding. Unfortunately, he didn't want to and he left me saying I was too "obsessed" and called me a "crazy stalker". But it didn't matter.... the time I spent making love to my husband (PS I pictured Kate's face the *entire* time we were doing it), is now spent worshipping my IDOL: Katie Irene Gosselin!!!!!!!!!!!

[hearts]

Jan

The attorneys, the PR reps, the paps, the celeb gossip sites, the entertainment shows, and the magazines made lots of money. THE GOSSELIN CHILDREN LOSE EMOTIONALLY AND FINANCIALLY.

Lizzie

CONTROLLING kate is a bitc$!!!! GO! JON! GO! Get $$$$$ from the gray haired idiot you've been porkin&, CONTROLLING kate!!!!!!!

Danielle

The joint account Kate ALLEGES that Jon took so much money from was the account that their TLC paycheck was deposited in. According to the custody agreement, which was posted on another website, there is another account for paying the bills and both Kate and Jon each are required to deposit $7,500 a month into it. That money is for the mortgages, household expenses, schooling, food and care of the children, etc. They have joint custody of the children and of the house(s) 50/50) so they are both required to fund that account and Kate who has been assigned to pay the bills is the only one with access to that account.

I see nothing odd with Jon’s attorney’s giving a reply to her court papers, that is how things work. One says something, the other says something else. Jon by saying that there was $290k in the account does not imply that he took $230k from it, what it does is say that Kate only accounted for $230k, what about the other $60k she is not accounting for. Shouldn’t Kate be concerned about the whole $290k and not just $230k of it? Jon has admitted all along he took money from the account, I haven’t seen the papers and with the media being so pro-Kate while making Jon the bad guy as if these are not real people in this saga with children and real feelings I won’t believe a thing they say until I read the papers for myself. All the websites I have been reading say Jon admits to taking money from the account Kate alleges he took $230k from, they don’t say Jon admits to taking $230k. The papers are on ETonline, and Jon does not admit in them that he took $230k but that he admits to taking money from the account which he has done all along.

Jon has not stopped Kate from earning a living, all he has done is say she cannot use THEIR children to do that by having them be on television.
Why do so many of you just blindly believe Kate who has a million dollar PR team behind her and three teams of attorney's, one being a high powered highly paid one from LA? Tell us, why does a little housewife from PA need that attorney from LA, who is paying for all of Kate's attorney's? The only time you see her with the kids is when she is on the phone in her white plastic chair screaming at them, or when TLC is paying to film her at some location. She wouldn't even look at half of you that support her and the other half she would probably stick her nose up at and turn her back. Just because there is a divorce does not mean the woman is the harmed party.
Jon is definitely not perfect and he has made mistakes, and I think that after living under Kate’s thumb and being abused by her for so many years he at first took his freedom with too much zeal, but I think he has calmed down. That is not to say he has done nothing bad in this divorce, but this is a divorce, one side is going to allege something and another side is going to allege back, that is how divorce often plays out. You can all scream and hate Jon for living life, but that does not mean he has stopped caring or loving his children or turned into a bad parent but he does have to look out for them and himself just as Kate does.

Karolein

This is what money does to you. They were happier when they didn't have it.

patilee

A PUTZ!!

jwj

Ya know -- why don't you both get real jobs and just go away? You've milked this train for all you can.

becky

So does this mean Jon has lied again? I thought he said he did not take that money? Now he did and she did too? She has to prove monthly to the arbitrator what she writes checks for. She has permission to do that... he does not. I think this guy is going to come out of this looking really really bad, if that is possible.

ELEANOR

IM JUST WONDERING HAVE THE KIDS DIED???????? NEVER ANY MENTION OF THEM ANYMORE JUST THE TWO AHOLES FIGGHTING OVER THE $$$$$$$$$. WHY DO YOU NOT WORRY OVER YOUR KIDS INSTEAD OF THE FRIGGIN MONEY. GET A LIFE AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS AND QUIT GALAVANTING ALL OVER THE US. YOU ESPECIALLY JON, PARTYING AND ALL THE HOOPLA IN LA. GO HOME TO YOURT KIDS. EVERY TIME YOU LOOK AT A COVER OF A MAGAZINE THERE THE TWO OF YOU ARE JON AND KATE. ITS GETTING OLD VERY FAST. PEOPLE ARE SICK, SICK, SICK OF IT.