« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

McCartney -- And the Home of the ... Something?

10/11/2009 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No, Jesse McCartney didn't forget that part of the "Star Spangled Banner" today at the Pepsi 500 NASCAR race in Fontana, Calif. -- but he did skip over an entire line!!!

Jesse McCartney

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kara

Everyone needs to let it rest. So what he forgot a line? People make mistakes. Just because he's a celeb doesn't mean he's not human. I think people need to forget about this and move on...

UGGGGHHH

QUIET

MarthaMcCFan

I will defend him to death!

It is human, all have errors.

I've said this many times in less than 2 hours and continue to do:

I'd like to see any of my carping critics singing the anthem. And he has the voice and talent. Surely not passed the first verse. I'm not American, so I do not notice the error. But I am human and I also have errors, as many of you.

I support to the post n° 5-7

@marthamccfan

Martha

Lea Fernandez

#WeLoveJesseMcCartney He's not a douche, a F*g, a loser, a disgrace, or an "epic fail". He's a human being & if any of you can't see that, then u better call the doctor b/c you're suffering from Extreme Stupidity!

Linda

FAILED TEEN STAR?? I dont think so,

This kid co-wrote a song called "Bleeding Love" that went #1 in 27 countries, it went on to be nominated for a grammy, and he won the ASCAP song writer award. He's now writing for everyone from Toni Braxton to David Archuleta, to Leyton Meester. Sorry if tabloid sites only like to talk about the negative so you ignorant people know nothing good of him, but learn something before you talk.

emily

i live like, 2 minutes away from the race track and the streets around it was all closed off. i can hear the cars sometimes when its REEEALLY quiet.

only if i could hear jesse singing.......... :)

Nor Cal Low

ahahah what a jackass

Nicki

Most people who watch those STUPID races wouldn't even know he messed up until someone said something. At least he can SING unlike most of the people they get. Snoozfest.
Who freaking cares. People mess up. He even said he couldn't believe he did it.
Get over it. Seriously.

L. Milano

Jesse McCartney rocks! Yeah he forgot the words, so what!? None of us know ALL the words to the National Anthem anyway. Seriously, leave him alone! You'd all F**** the performance even more if it were any of you! So I wouldn't be the one hating!

MarthaMcCFan

#WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney #WeLoveJesseMcCartney

I have to see the full video, but I do not need to know that he did great! Her voice is amazing.

It was bad nerves..
Why the people don't understand this??

@MarthaMcCFan

Jaymee

Wow people are being so negative about it ; I mean why don't you try & sing in front of thousands of people ; Everyone makes mistakes , no one is perfect . I mean who hasn't made a mistake ? there's no reason to put Jesse down like that . At least he kept going and went through with it .

whats up Doctors

Jesse ,missing that line,screwed up the fly by of the Jets,and they went to commercial, so that's why no one saw the jets.Freakin' Dumb Azz. The Jets had their timing right

Crystal

Leave him alone!! Everyone makes mistakes!! He is an amazing, wonderful, etc. singer!! All you people do is is look at what mistakes people make what about the mistakes you made god!! How would you feel!!

Lea Fernandez

Jesse has real talent unlike everyone on the Disney Channel! Only a real professional would keep going no matter what obstacle they face! And he did. Jesse is a human being like all of us. We all make mistakes, too! He may forget the words to the National anthem, but I forget things that happen every second!

"You can't let it get to you, 'cause if you let it get to you, you're just gonna be upset all the time". -Jesse McCartney

You rock Jesse and all of your fans are here for you 2000000000000%!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments