« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

McCartney -- And the Home of the ... Something?

10/11/2009 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No, Jesse McCartney didn't forget that part of the "Star Spangled Banner" today at the Pepsi 500 NASCAR race in Fontana, Calif. -- but he did skip over an entire line!!!

Jesse McCartney

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Melissa

I WAS THERE!!!! Almost right in front of him! It was bad, I am surprised the crowd didn't start booing him. I understand that people make mistakes, but that was a pretty big one!

markko

Maybe he had sand under his foreskin.

gene yuss

Besides not being able to sing and forgetting half the words, I thought he was awesome!

HOLLY O.

WELL HE SHOULDNT HAVE FORGOT IT LOL ITS KINDA FUNNY BUT WHO COULD BLAME HIM I MEAN EACH TIME HE SINGS A LINE IT COMES BACK AT HIM BECAUSE OF THE SPEAKERS, IT GETS PRETTY CONFUSING AND I KNOW THAT BECAUSE CRISTINA AGUILARA SAID IT ON TV, HE PROBABLY WASNT WEARING HEAD PHONES BECAUSE THATS WHAT MOST PEOPLE DO BUT STILL HE ISNT A BAD PERSON

CWA

Not surprising we stopped the pledge of allegiance in school. There is less and less honor paid to the country everyone wants to enter. As it was written we are destroying this country from within. We worry about all these other countries as we fall apart. The dollar is falling; we send jobs to foreign countries then complain about their products. Yet we have citizens who can’t remember the words to the national anthem DISCUSTING.

Molly Mills

OKAY!
People have done this all the time and you didnt make a big deal out of it. Now that Jesse McCartney does it you are gonna make a big deal out of it? Realllyy? How would you like it if people were always talkin about you? I dont think you would like it very much. Try being a celebrity sometime? Oh wait you cant because you have no talent. And people really need to stop makin a big deal out of this. Celebs forget words to songs all the time! GET OVER IT!

I Hate this lame tramp

The guy has no talent and he needs to learn the words. I suggest he cakes on more proactiv and go back to school. What a nerdy little tool.

Jose

He forgot "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?" but its ok we all make mistakes :)

fra

Poor boy he was just nervous...he sang the anthem so many time for you to accuse him of not knowing it!!!!

why?

I'd take him in and make him my boy toy in a hot NASCAR minute. He wouldn't even have to sing.I'm sure he has other talents worth discovering. OOh..la-la.

gene yuss

Next time try duct taping his mouth shut. He'll remember all the words plus we won't have to hear him sing! win win

Barb

Oh come on give the Kid a break. That song is not an easy one to remember, like when u don't sing it every day. And besides that it's a long song like really if I was american (which I'm not) and had to sing that song (which I'll never have to do) I would most likely mess up the words 2

Mandy

What's the big deal? He's still amazing. I love you Jesse

Selena Lovato

I think he skipped that line ON PURPOSE because he couldn't hit the HIGH note.

Right?

dixsychick02

ok so I can see why everyone is onna bash/hate him for this BUT its not like he forgets the lyrics everytime so just ive him a break. like honestly what if you had to do that in from of millions of people watchin from there TV AND at he race itself. just think about that. me personally I don't find it as horrible as everyone I can say I have forgotten THE WHOLE SONG before so really i should be the hated one of america but as you can i'm NOT!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments