Katherine Jackson Won't Inherit MJ's Estate

10/12/2009 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Michael Jackson intended to provide for his mother during her lifetime, but once she dies her share of the estate will go directly to MJ's three kids.

Katherine Jackson Michael Jackson

As we first reported, under the trust, 40% of Michael's estate goes to Katherine. The kids get 40% and the remaining 20% goes to charity. But we've learned ... Katherine Jackson will not get 40% outright.

The trustees -- John Branca and John McClain -- decide what money should go to the beneficiaries. Katherine has no voice in those decisions. Whatever remains in Katherine's trust when she dies goes directly to the children.

Bottom line -- Katherine will get a healthy stipend for the rest of her life ... now she's getting a hefty allowance and when the trust kicks in she'll probably get more. But she will not inherit 40% of her son's estate.

Simone

Well done, Michael!!!!!!!! : D
No chance to parasites!!!!!!!

A.B.

It's true that the family members leaning most on Michael was Joe (always trying to borrow money) and Jermaine. But MJ paid everything for the Encino house, no matter who lived in it at any given time.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about his mother, kids, or maintenance on the house. There's enough money to take care of everything, and Branca and McClain will make sure more money comes in. I only wish they would have had time to take MJ out of debt before he died, because that may have eased his anxiety and perhaps helped him stay alive.

I also wish Jermaine would stop trying to channel his brother, dressing like him, behaving like him. It's painful and embarrassing to watch. He's not like Michael either in mind or appearance, never will be, and that's OK. We don't want a bad Michael copy. We want to mourn MJ in peace, remember his legacy and enjoy it. Jermaine, please find your own life and your own voice.

keeping

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! Well done Michael!!!! This is as it should be. He gave $$$ to his mom and when she goes IT GOES RIGHT BACK TO HIS CHILDREN!!!!! The rest can go F*** themselves. They can all work...they don't need MJ's money.

Stop Milking his name

Good. No more leeching...get moving Jackson iblings and get a JOB.

VERY GOOD DECISION MICHAEL. YOU WERE & REMAIN....THE BEST.

Michael Jackson "This Is It" Lyrics

This is it, here I stand
I'm the light of the world, I feel grand
Got this love I can feel
And I know yes for sure it is real

And it feels as though I've seen your face a thousand times
And you said you really know me too yourself [?]
And I know that you have got addicted with your eyes [?]
But you say you gonna live it for yourself. [?]

I never heard a single word about you
Falling in love wasn't my plan
I never thught that I would be your lover
C'mon baby, just understand

This is it, I can say,
I'm the light of the world, run away [?]
We can feel, this is real
Every time I'm in love that I feel

And I feel as though I've known you since 1,000 years
And you tell me that you've seen my face before.
And you said to me you don't wnat me hanging round
Many times, wanna do it here before [?]

I never heard a single word about you
Falling in love wasn't my plan
I never thught that I would be your lover
C'mon baby, just understand

This is it, I can feel
I'm the light of the world, this is real
Feel my song, we can say
And I tell you I feel that way

And I feel as though I've known you for a thousand years
And you said you want some of this yourself
And you said won't you go with me, on a while
And I know that it's really cool myself

I never heard a single word about you
Falling in love wasn't my plan
I never thught that I would be your lover
C'mon baby, just understand

I never heard a single word about you
Falling in love wasn't my plan
I never thught that I would be your lover
C'mon baby, just understand

cindee

TTHANNKK YYOUU GOD !!!

YYOUU HEARD MY PRAYERS

REST IN PEACE SWEET ANGEL
YOUUU'LLLL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN..EVER

Larry

AAAWWWWW!!! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE "ALL OF A SUDDEN" CLOSE KNIT FAMILY ISN'T GONNA GET WACKO JACKOS' MONEY?...THAT JUST BREAKS MY HEART!!! GREEDY GRANDMA SHOULDN'T EVEN BE GETTING A DIME AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!!! WHY YOU ASK? BECAUSE SHE WILL SPEND WHATEVER SHE CAN ON THE "VULTURES" THAT ARE HOPING TO SCORE ON THE CARCAS THAT IS WHAT WACKO JACKO LEFT FOR HIS CHILDREN THAT IS RIGHTFULLY ONLY FOR THE CHILDREN!!! ALL OF A SUDDEN THE "VULTURES" ARE ROLLING AROUND IN BENTLEYS' AND SUCH?!?! EATING IN FINE RESTAURANTS?!?! THEY WEREN'T DOING THAT BEFORE WACKO JACKO DIED!!!...GREEDY GRANDMA NEEDS TO CHECK HERSELF AND STOP SPENDING WRECKLESSLY ON THE "VULTURES" AND MAKE SURE SHE DEDICATES EVERY CENT TO THE CHILDREN INSTEAD OF HERSELF AND THE "VULTURES"!!!

lovemichaelforever

good job Michael (and consultants)

Sally

MJ had time to change the will and include his brothers and sisters but he didn't....makes you wonder why? This was a smart move on his behalf. He wanted to see his mother continue to live comfortable. I just wonder how much pressure will be put on the kids now that they are the sole inheritors. I hope they don't end up as drug addicts or stupid people.

mimi

so the kids will eventually inherit it..right?

A.B.

Please, please don't post in caps only. It's like watching a seven-year-old scream.

Sally

The lyrics suck.

holmes

duh.. nothing new here-- MJ's will is pretty much clear cut.

another reason why the Jacksons want an administrator seat with this Estate so when K hits the bucket.. they can keep their fingers in Michael's estate & get an income as executor..as K's 40% will revert back to the Trust.. hence go to the kids.

NO.. nowhere did MJ ever state his assets can be sold or cut up-- only the income from it will be the trust.

anniam

I just hope BRANCA/mclain stay executors.They are the ones that will keep things right.I hope the judge wont allow any of the Jacksons to be involved with Michaels estate.Michael wouldnt have wanted them involved.

someone

She will want for nothing for the rest of her life, good for Michael, he was a smart cookie!!!His kids should inherit whats left, since shes still married to creepy Joe, theres no chance he will end up with any of the money!!!

pamela

Michael's estate pays for Hayvenhurst...The mortgage, utilities, maintenance, gardeners, pool upkeep, everything...The only thing it doesn't pay for is food...

Mama Kate's allowance of $26,000 mthly is just for her..That money does'nt go for anything except her needs and wants...

The children also get their allowance of $60,000 mthly which goes for their needs and wants....

The estate is separate...