Anka Gets 50% of Publishing Rights

10/12/2009 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul AnkaMichael Jackson's estate just got a partner it didn't bank on -- because we've just learned Paul Anka is now a 50% partner in the publishing rights to "This Is It."

Anka will get other profits as well, but the publishing rights are usually the big ticket item, and sources say Michael Jackson's estate has agreed Anka gets 50%.

It's amazing ... when Paul Anka woke up this morning he had no idea he'd get the same cut as Jackson's estate. Sadly for Sony ... they didn't know either.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Paulie

Hey Paul didn't have to go there. Get your half, but you don't have to bad mouth Michael. Michael wrote lot of hits. He didn't need to cowrite with you to write a good song. Aren't you lucky he did? Because that song went no where with Safire. Now you'll finally make money. And why? Because Michaels VOICE is on it. You just went down a notch or two in my book.

Paulie

Hey Anka, McClain was sucking up to you so you wouldn't sue their a$$e$ off for more. Don't let it go to your head. Now that you said what you said. I think I won't be buying it so you now you get 50% of nothing. I can always find a free download. Why because Michael has half credit and his VOICE is on it. Now go back into obscurity.

peace and freedom for our children..

yes for shure mj was such a bad musician with no own idears to writte song...he needen paul anka..when will the media stopp to tell us who and what mj was...first a freak then child mnolesting..
bleeching skin and so on....aso...and now you tell us he was not able to write a song..?????
the media should repot us why the murder of mj is stil a free man and why the police in la ..is not taking him in jail...
is it allowed now to kill in america...or are doctors allowed to give overdose ..to bring people to death...and the fans....and sony...mj sued sony...he called them demoniac..he was happy to get rid of their contract..and now they have him back producing a movie..with his picture is it normal to make 100 hour picture of rehersal ? i am a fan of mj from my heart..i would never go to see the movie..he is dead..killed...and the media do like nothing is happend still making a freak out of on of the greates musician we had here on earth..it is a shame ..RIP MIchael ..love you from the bottom of my heart and always will..

reportingracism

pulease!!!This is another stunt by michael jackson estate attorney to give paul anka his share. Per the reports, anka and mj fell out of over the song called something like I never heard.
Branca was involved in it at the time and he had to know "this is it" was a collaboration with anka and mj. Whatever mj and anka fell out before , anka is reaping benefit. I SAY DO NOT RELEASE SONG.
BRING OUT MJ OTHER SONGS.
" BRANCA ADMITTED SONG WAS COLLABORATED WITH ANKA" it is funny he didnt know anything about it before
I smell a rat!

Linda

Paul Anka who? I know who you are I grew up with you and Michael. Just because you didn't make it as big as Michael Jackson, you need to sue for some more income to keep your retirement going? You know, Michael left this world with nothing except a broken heart and so will you. Blows my mind that people will not let Michael rest in peace. Let it go!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8