McFerrin -- 'Don't Worry,' I Won't Sing It

10/13/2009 2:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a little song he wrote, you might want to sing it note for note ... but he don't.

Bobby McFerrin: Click to watch
We got "Don't Worry, Be Happy" singer Bobby McFerrin yesterday in D.C., where he said he hadn't sung his most famous song at a concert in 20 years.

Apparently he's as sick of hearing that song as anyone who ever owned a Big Mouth Billy Bass.

Raejean

I guess I have to ask what else there is that most people would be familiar with enough to request?

BabyGirl

I love that song! I never got sick of it. LOL!

JR

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......
Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy

Hmmm Hmmm Hmmmmmmm Hmmmm hmmm hm hmm mm

viralsong.com

Britney's Lawyer

Why won't he sing "Don't Worry, Be Happy"?

He would have made far more money in the past 20 yrs if he sung that song in concert.

scissors

Didn't he commit suicide like 15 years ago? Who the hell is this?

Joaline

I thought he killed himself too, which was the ironic part about the song. Is this another farse on us, not unlike when they said the singer of the band Aqua had overdosed on heroin!!!

amy

thats false... i know for a fact my high school choir sung with him in that song somewhere in philly, like 2003-2005 sometime.

janalal4

Ahhhh! Bobby looks GOOD!

Laura

No, he's very much alive. He moved into my mother's childhood home and has been so gracious, allowing my family to visit the home and see the renovations. I was a fan of his music before (though never a fan of "Don't Worry, Be Happy," perhaps because I'm a proud pessimist), but now that I know what kind of guy he is, I'm an even bigger fan. Don't knock Bobby. :)

LPS

I thoud he's Dead !!??...Ye man he is Dead just have a look here http://all-best-pictures.com

Rheostatik

"It's his only hit. I can't think of anything else he's accomplished in 20 years."

I can't believe how ignorant some people are. Y'know, there's a whole other world of music out there that you don't hear on the radio.

Bobby McFerrin has made an illustrious career doing what he's one in the best in the world at doing...singing. He's in high demand in country after country as a clinician, adjudicator, conductor, etc. He's been one of the greatest assets that Music Education has ever encountered.

Just because YOU can't think of one thing he's accomplished in 20 years doesnt' mean he hasn't.

And yes, people still flock to his concerts and buy his recordings. Just not people who read TMZ.

ArtNetTV

If your camera guy had recognized Savion Glover with Bobby McFerrin he would have at least had some clue as to what McFerrin has been doing for at least the latter part of the last 20 years. Glover and McFerrin are currently touring together.

To quote Amanda Stanger-Read "Savion Glover is to tap dancing what Bobby McFerrin is to singing. Both have taken a craft and turned it into a high art. Bobby McFerrin can make his voice sound like any instrument in the orchestra or like an angel or laughter. Savion Glover can make his feet sound like thunder, a whisper, or fireworks."

Had your guy known his shiz maybe they would have offered up a little impromptu song and dance.

So Harvey, if your guys run into them again while they are on tour please ask them nicely, please, please, pretty please!!! I would love to see them.

Shannon

Yeah....he should print that fact on tickets to his concerts and see how many people show up.........I bought 2 tickets to a show in Vancouver 2 years ago.....just to hear the song......and he refused when requested........how dare he...it made him famous....what a douch!

T-Rose

Rheostatik has it right! Bobby McFerrin is a musical genius! He was at the World Science Festival 2009 demonstrating the power of the pentatonic scale. find it on youtube. it was incredible.

you ROCK BOBBY!!!

Akil

He may not sing "Don't Worry, Be happy" but check out what he does now. He demonstrates the Pentatonic Scale in large groups.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments