Hands Off, Maria Shriver!

10/13/2009 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maria Maria, cell phone cheatah! It appears Maria Shriver broke the law prohibiting driving under the influence of a cell phone -- a law her hubby supported and signed into law last year.

Kaleefornia Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
apparently can't lay down the law in his own home. Maria was photographed twice driving her car while holding her cell phone -- most recently last Sunday in Los Angeles.

Had Shriver been busted, she would have owed the bankrupt state of California $20 plus fees for the first offense.... $50 plus fees for the second. BTW, we need every dime we can get.

We called the Guv's office and Maria's rep yesterday -- radio silence.

Arnold -- She Just Doesn't Listen!!!

Dear Gov. Schwarzenegger,

While you were Twittering a few minutes ago about the "swift action" coming to Maria, your scofflaw wife was at it again -- jawing away on a handheld cell phone while driving in Brentwood.

Maria Shriver: Click to watch
But it gets worse ... while Maria was illegally yappin' away (the third time she's been photographed doin' it) she saw our cameraman catching the illegal activity on tape -- and that's when she dropped the phone in an attempt to cover it up! The tape does not lie....

Arnold, the fines are bad enough -- but do you have any idea what your Verizon bill is gonna look like?

Arnold: My Wife's in Trouble Now!

Maria Shriver's in hot water....

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has finally caught wind of his wife's illegal -- and habitual -- cell phone antics ... and now he's finally gonna do something about it!

Ahnald just went on Twitter and dropped the following note to Harvey Levin:

"Thanks for bringing her violations to my attention. There's going to be swift action."

Those Democrats -- they never learn.... right Arnold?

Jon Gosselin Ordered to Return $180,000

Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds, which were removed in violation of an arbitrator's order.

According to Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, "The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date."

Jon is required to repay the loot by October 26 -- the next hearing -- or appear before the judge for a contempt proceeding.

The judge also ordered Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses -- also due by Oct. 26.

Kate says, "As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

Oprah in Texas -- Weiner Takes All

The wait is over ... media icon and weight loss guru Oprah Winfrey just announced her latest breakthrough diet -- corn dogs smothered in mustard.

Oprah

Oprah and BFF Gayle King took a road trip to the Texas State Fair in Dallas yesterday to tape a special show -- which will air later this fall -- and based on the pictures we got of Oprah in a cowboy hat chowing down on a corn dog, she completely gave up on the traditional low-fat approach to dieting -- at least temporarily.

Our fair source claims Oprah also had herself a little of the fair's famous deep fried butter. No joke ... but so far, no confirmation on the battered butter from O's peeps.

Still, that's the kind of diet we can wrap our arms around.

UPDATE: It's confirmed -- Oprah ate the fried butter! In fact, she called it "the best treat of the fair."

What's the Big Friggin' Difference?!

Listen up sports fans, 'cause we got ourselves a good ol' fashion picture hunt. So strap on your spy shades and whip out your binoculars cause this picture hunt is about to go down!

**Hint -- there are THREE differences in the above photos!**

Rock Goddess Pat Benatar: 'Memba Her?!

In the '80s, Pat Benatar became famous with hits like "Love Is a Battlefield," "Shadows of the Night" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot." Guess what she looks like now!

Pat Benatar

Sittin' Pretty

These dashing dudes sit like dainty dames!

Kabbalah-Bling -- Totally Strung Out!

Once Madonna strapped one on, the little red bracelets became more popular than Ed Hardy shirts at a poser party! Check out who's rockin' the string!

Red Red Twine - Launch Photos

Dollah Dollah Bills Ya'll

Money talks in Hollywood. Check out which celebs just won't shut up!

Dollah Bills

Tats Not Coming Off

Some mistakes work themselves out, while others stick around for life as a reminder of how dumb you used to be!

Hollywood Hogwarts

Whether these "Harry Potter" look-alikes really belong in Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Slytherin is up to you -- but check out which celebs really had us seeing double double toil and trouble.

COMMENTS

Greef

Hi everyone I found Jessica Simpson's sex tape is here:

queenB

That guy looks nothing like harry potter..AND IS MARIA EVEN DRIVING IT LOOKS LIKE SHES JUST SITTING IN HER CAR...COME ON PPL GET A LIFE AND A REAL STORY!

woyumenle2

i am a young and handsome man from us. i just think aol is a good place to meet friends. i just wonder if i can meet a rich momma here, because i am at the beginning of my career and i need someone's support..i uploaded my hot photos on cougarchats.comunder the name piccolo , maybe you want to check out my photos firstly!

I breastfed a 3 year old

Well we all knew Kate lied about only having $1000. Piece of garbage. It makes me sick that she gloats about this (though it was nowhere near $230,000!) and then has the nerve to say the rest of it will be private arbitration. I'm sure we'll find out anyway how much money SHE is hiding. I hate that shrew.

Gloria

WAIT A DOGGONE MINUTE. THAT'S NOT MARIA SHRIVER! Maria is 54 years old, this woman looks much younger. The real Shriver is as skinny as a bone, this woman has meat on her face.

Angel

CONGRATULATIONS KATE ! ! I am honestly happy the court will fix what Jon did to you and the kids.

Tikyra

Roy

Maria Shriver is a Kennedy. They are better than us & the law doesn't apply to them.

Roady

Don't she know what a Bluethoth cell phone is? I use a motorized wheelchair & at least I pull into someones driveway to make or answer a cell phone call.

E. Martinez

Not to sure if that's Maria but if it is, Arnie better have a "sit down" with her!! That moron put a law into effect that WE ALL have to abide by EXCEPT for his wife?? Don't think so!!!! As the writer states, WE NEED all the money we can get our hands on. After all, I'm STILL waiting for my STATE INCOME TAX RETURN!!! *rolling eyes* Peace

Gail

OMG, THIS THING WITH KATE,JON AND 8 IS GETTING REALLY DISGUSTING.DOES ANYONE REMEMBER A SEGMENT WHERE KATE ADMITTED SHE WANTED MORE KIDS AND"JON DID NOT"?????? NO WELL I DO LOL.
I THINK JON IS ACTING LIKE A JERK,BUT HONESTLY I THINK KATE JUST HAS BETTER ADVISERS. I THINK KATE IS AND HAS BEEN HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH HER BODYGUARD.I JUST THINK THAT POOR JON IS CLUELESS AND TO HONEST TO HIDE. I TRULT BELIEVE THEY BOTH LOVE THE CELEBRITY OF IT ALL AND NEITHER OF THEM HAS THOUGHT OF THESE POOR 8 CHILDEN. IT SEEMS KATE IS NEVER HOME,SHE'S ALWAYS OFF AND RUNNING AND JON ISEN'T MUCH BETTER.
I ALSO BELIEVE SOMEONE SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF THE KIDS MONEY,PERIOD!! NOT JON,NOT KATE.
IF ANYONE HAS SEEN KATE LATELY THEY'S SEE SHE'S HAD ALOT OF THINGS DONE,JON HE'S NOT LOOKING TO GOOD HE'S GETTING HEAVY AND LETTING HIMSELF GO. I SAY DON'T LET HER DO TO YOU WHAT SHE DID ON THE SHOW JON,MAKE AN ASS OUT OF YOU.

Ruth

My husband got a ticket for cell phone use a couple of months ago.
The supposed $20.00 fine [in California] wouldn't be so bad but it ended up costing a total of $477.00. When he went to pay it, he took a read-out regarding the $20. & $50. fines. They told him the additional is penalties. The state is in a major financial bind but must they try to get it resolved by extorting this kind of money out of its residents? Arnie isn't doing such a fine job anymore, if ever.

Stephanie

Jon is such a liar! I hope ET, who was all "poor Jon", blasts him for it.

Carole

Talking on the cell phone and texting while driving is dangerous. I wish all states had this law and a hefty fine to go along with breaking it. I can't tell you how many times I've almost been hit by someone swinging too wide into a parking lot while on the phone.

Joe

The Courts should make every Moronic Idiot pay a first time fine of $100.00, $20.00 is letting these people off too easy. By raising the fines these Idiots who put other Drivers life at risk will think twice about using that phone while driving. If the phone call is that important, pullover, park, then engage in a conversation? Same fine should be enforced who all the Losers who "flick" their cigarette's out the window, why dont you flick them out in your living room?

E. Martinez

*DIE SHREW... So it was actually $235,000 which means "her acct." wasn't just left with $1,000, did I get that right?? That's a difference of $4 GRAND!!!

My question is... how many other times has Kate made an "error" like this? Think about it. $4 GRAND can ADD UP over time!!

SHREW, I didn't believe her from jump street and no, I'm not just talking about this "issue". IMHO, that so called "mom" will do just about anything for cash. Just the sheer fact that she USES her kids "as the reason" has proven it to me.

Let's see if the Kate fans will be able to ADD and see for themselves that she LIED to THEM instead of believing every word that comes out of her mouth!! I highly doubt it but really, anything's possible... LOL

I've got to agree with you again. I think Kate has been hiding money ever since she and Jon seperated. And yes, I'm sure we'll hear the ins and outs of their finances. Actually, I hope we do so that way when she gets busted again, people will SEE AND HEAR it for themselves instead of having to reply on her "telling the truth" cause we know how well she does that..... *rolling eyes*

Peace