Hands Off, Maria Shriver!

10/13/2009 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maria Maria, cell phone cheatah! It appears Maria Shriver broke the law prohibiting driving under the influence of a cell phone -- a law her hubby supported and signed into law last year.

Kaleefornia Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
apparently can't lay down the law in his own home. Maria was photographed twice driving her car while holding her cell phone -- most recently last Sunday in Los Angeles.

Had Shriver been busted, she would have owed the bankrupt state of California $20 plus fees for the first offense.... $50 plus fees for the second. BTW, we need every dime we can get.

We called the Guv's office and Maria's rep yesterday -- radio silence.

Arnold -- She Just Doesn't Listen!!!

Dear Gov. Schwarzenegger,

While you were Twittering a few minutes ago about the "swift action" coming to Maria, your scofflaw wife was at it again -- jawing away on a handheld cell phone while driving in Brentwood.

Maria Shriver: Click to watch
But it gets worse ... while Maria was illegally yappin' away (the third time she's been photographed doin' it) she saw our cameraman catching the illegal activity on tape -- and that's when she dropped the phone in an attempt to cover it up! The tape does not lie....

Arnold, the fines are bad enough -- but do you have any idea what your Verizon bill is gonna look like?

Arnold: My Wife's in Trouble Now!

Maria Shriver's in hot water....

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has finally caught wind of his wife's illegal -- and habitual -- cell phone antics ... and now he's finally gonna do something about it!

Ahnald just went on Twitter and dropped the following note to Harvey Levin:

"Thanks for bringing her violations to my attention. There's going to be swift action."

Those Democrats -- they never learn.... right Arnold?

Jon Gosselin Ordered to Return $180,000

Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds, which were removed in violation of an arbitrator's order.

According to Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, "The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date."

Jon is required to repay the loot by October 26 -- the next hearing -- or appear before the judge for a contempt proceeding.

The judge also ordered Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses -- also due by Oct. 26.

Kate says, "As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

Oprah in Texas -- Weiner Takes All

The wait is over ... media icon and weight loss guru Oprah Winfrey just announced her latest breakthrough diet -- corn dogs smothered in mustard.

Oprah

Oprah and BFF Gayle King took a road trip to the Texas State Fair in Dallas yesterday to tape a special show -- which will air later this fall -- and based on the pictures we got of Oprah in a cowboy hat chowing down on a corn dog, she completely gave up on the traditional low-fat approach to dieting -- at least temporarily.

Our fair source claims Oprah also had herself a little of the fair's famous deep fried butter. No joke ... but so far, no confirmation on the battered butter from O's peeps.

Still, that's the kind of diet we can wrap our arms around.

UPDATE: It's confirmed -- Oprah ate the fried butter! In fact, she called it "the best treat of the fair."

What's the Big Friggin' Difference?!

Listen up sports fans, 'cause we got ourselves a good ol' fashion picture hunt. So strap on your spy shades and whip out your binoculars cause this picture hunt is about to go down!

**Hint -- there are THREE differences in the above photos!**

Rock Goddess Pat Benatar: 'Memba Her?!

In the '80s, Pat Benatar became famous with hits like "Love Is a Battlefield," "Shadows of the Night" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot." Guess what she looks like now!

Pat Benatar

Sittin' Pretty

These dashing dudes sit like dainty dames!

Kabbalah-Bling -- Totally Strung Out!

Once Madonna strapped one on, the little red bracelets became more popular than Ed Hardy shirts at a poser party! Check out who's rockin' the string!

Red Red Twine - Launch Photos

Dollah Dollah Bills Ya'll

Money talks in Hollywood. Check out which celebs just won't shut up!

Dollah Bills

Tats Not Coming Off

Some mistakes work themselves out, while others stick around for life as a reminder of how dumb you used to be!

Hollywood Hogwarts

Whether these "Harry Potter" look-alikes really belong in Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Slytherin is up to you -- but check out which celebs really had us seeing double double toil and trouble.

COMMENTS

Tammy

All you people that stick up for Jon are being made a fool of... over and over. You can wail all you want about Kate. Jon just continues to show who the goofball is.

mroneoftheguys

Media..Media...Media....come on Media...She is a kennedy...always will be a kennedy...The laws of America have never...I'll say it again because we know how slow ya are...Never applied to a kennedy...

Linda C. Wingate

I agree with the comment that states that the Shriver's and Kennedys think the law doesn't apply to them. They are above it !!!!!!

chicobombico

Chico says: " Jon made off with the cash and hid it in his stash. When big mouth Kate found out the the account was out, and that Jon made off with the cash, she called TLC, The View and Nancy to replenish the supply. Nancy said Kate try working its great and with out a hand out you may get buy.

DaTruth

Shriver another typical f***ing Kennedy!! ignoring and breaking the laws of this country.

Jannie

Yeah Kate I am happy for you!! Jon is a liar. People dont realize how much it costs to raise 8 kids. Jon has no idea either. I can imagine a trip to Costco runs $1K easy. I just dont understand all these people trying to back up Jon. I can see past him the big liar he is.

Larry

Jon doesn't fall in the “Human” category

ChumpMeat

Teddy kills a woman and now this. God only knows what the Kennedy's will do next.

Beth Burnett

About Maria Shriver, don't you know that they can do what they want, they think it doesn't apply to them

notasurprise

Why would anyone be shocked to see Maria Shriver talking on a cell while driving and it being against the law. The Kennedy's have made laws and then flipped the finger at the law for decades. Don't you people know by now that they are EXEMPT from abiding by the laws that the rest of us must abide by. They are after all "The Kennedy's". They've committed awful crimes for decades and gotten away with it. Talking on a cell while driving is the least of crimes members of this family are responsible for. And yet America bow's to them. It's really kinda sick.

As for Jon Gosselin....have we NOT had enough of this trainwreck? These two unfit parents need to just go away, get real jobs and begin to repair the awful damage they've done to those kids!!! WHERE the HELL is CPS??? If this was any other family, those kids would have been removed by now. WHY are they still in that house having to watch this crap? CPS...DO YOUR JOB and remove those kids!

Mary

Jon and Kate are two parents that have forgotten to think about their 8 children. Kate is more interested in saying she is looking out for the children. Yet I have not seen any evidence that she is . She seems to be more interested in herself then the children. She should go back to work that she was trained in. As for Jon, he should also do the same and take into consideration what is right for the children. I really feel sorry, they have two very selfish, self rightous parents.

peevedindy

Check out the rear view mirror. Maria is definitely driving...typical dem...let's pass laws for everyone ELSE to follow.

E. Martinez

*RUTH.. I can only agree with you on one thing. About Arnie not doing a good job. In fact, he never has!!

The rest of your post. Sorry but if you break the law, you better be prepared to pay for it!! I don't text or use my phone while I'm driving, never have, never will & it's not because of the law. I won't do it because it's dangerous. Not only for me but for others!! If I do have to use it, I'll take the time to pull into a parking lot. Really, it's not that hard to do. Does it take up time? Of course it does but I'd rather take up time in my car in a parking lot rather than taking up time in a hospital bed, should I survive!!!

A thought that should run through everyone's mind is.... what if I were to injure/kill someone? How would I ever be able to live with myself??

Now that your husband has been hit with a much higher fine, maybe it will keep him from using his phone. In fact, I think the $20+ fine does NOTHING to detour users. If people were fined for the amount your husband was, I honestly believe that will make a bigger impact. The whole idea here is to STOP people from using their phones while driving & if that means fining someone a couple of hundred dollars, then so be it!! My life, my family members & friends lives are at stake everyday & that's the way EVERYONE should view it because YOURS are as well!!!

Peace

frank

Maria Shriver driving with a cell phone, can't afford an earpiece. Worse than that hubbie Arnold was involved in a motorcycle accident awhile back and didn't have the endorsement to be leagally riding a motorcycle. What gives, GOV-A-NATOR?

ele

Maria ..how typical. the law doesn't apply to me. I am so special!!Kinda like when Uncle Teddy drove his car off the bridge and killed someone!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments