Jon Gosselin Ordered to Return $180,000

10/13/2009 3:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds, which were removed in violation of an arbitrator's order.

jon & kate gosselin

According to Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, "The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date."

Jon is required to repay the loot by October 26 -- the next hearing -- or appear before the judge for a contempt proceeding.

The judge also ordered Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses -- also due by Oct. 26.

Kate says, "As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

Kahu 50

Always the MASTER MANIPULATOR! What else did the judge state about HER portion she needs to return & account for?? Since the court minutes are public record, someone will dig up the dirt & report it. She didn't win the hearing 100%. She petitioned for $$ to be returned to the joint account BUT what about the other parts of her petition? Child custody, spousal support? Interesting, her lawyer didn't speak to that. Probably because the judge saw that there was means in the family estate for both parties to support themselves.

Now Jon needs to hire a financial advisor to insure he is getting his fair share of ALL MONIES earned in the course of their contract with TLC. Not the measly 'allowance' Kate threw his way whenever she felt like it.

juli seutter

the pig got what was coming to him!

Scott

Kate says "I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children."

When will parents learn it is "their" children...not "MY" children?

kelley

Ummm.... Is there a typo in this post? Should it read MR. not Ms? It seams to me that of the $230k or perhaps in the final accounting $235k Jon removed from the account that currently he is required to return $180k. The balance $55k of the total $135k may yet need to be returned.

Would TMZ please confirm if this is a typo? If there is then it has a material impact on the implications of this post.

CINDY

It looks like the GWOPS are going to flood the blogs and comment boards to try and defend their precious Jon who has just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. The money Jon took went to Hailey and himself, Kate spent ALLOWED money from the court on the household expenses and the children. GWOPS your boy showed his true colors finally

FULGY

I wonder how she handled the income from her autographed pictures she sold at her seminars for $20.00 CASH ONLY

tink11

Jon Gosselin (aka Doucebag!)
You've been chopped!
You ARE the Weakest Link!
The Tribe has spoken!
Nice knowing you!

Maybe you and daddy Lohan can "hook up" with the skanks on the corner of "nadda and ain't happenin"

Btw.. get the car, jewelry, and see of you can get a refund on the botched boob job, back from Hailey.

TOOOOOL!

Debi

Didnt Jon go on one of those entertainment shows with bank statements to prove he didnt take a dime? LIAR LIAR!! Whatever Kate is or isnt she has not walked away from her kids and went a whoring PUBLICLY!!! SOMEBODY needs to make this JERK get a real job and pay child support! That ought to shut him up for good! GOOD for you Kate!

sick of miley

maybe kate should get a real job now that the kids are in school to help pay for the 8 kids she wanted and quit looking for sympathy from the world. she is such a drama queen.

YIKES

I thought Jon said over and over again on television that he didn't take any money from the account.

who dat

These 2 F'n MORONS are going to do everything possible to get their names in print, every chance possible. Their kids are going to be the collateral damage. The girls will end up stripping, the boys will end up in prison.

La Toya Jackson

Let me see .. What did Jon do with $180,000??!? ... Buy his new ho a 100,000 BMW, then a new ring for his ho, $50.00, and $40,000 for drugs .. opps he's broke already ..

La Toya Jackson

Back to me!! .. Me me me and who? .. Me!!! .. Mo Money .. Mo Money .. MUCH MO MONEY 4 ME !!!!! Ker Ching

doctorme

Didn't Kate and her lawyer publicly state on numerous occasions that Jon took $232,000 from the account and Kate only had $1,000 to pay bills with? How come she now used $55k to pay bills? Seems like both Gosselins are clueless about money.

I'm glad the Judge is holding the next hearing public. I hope he throws the book at both parents!

roo